Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sebastian Vettel tribute thread

Quote Originally Posted by ragfone View Post
    Sad that he's leaving without any more titles added, he missed one simply because our pit crew and wall were not up to winning levels.
    Good luck in his future.
    What.. Seriously!!
    IMO, he had the chance in 17-18 with a capable car. Too bad he blew it.
    Anyways, he will always be remembered for being "Funny Vettel" especially during his post-race conferences.
    Last edited by 20000rpm; 11th December 2020 at 08:01.

Quote Originally Posted by 20000rpm View Post
    What.. Seriously!!
    IMO, he had the chance in 17-18 with a capable car. Too bad he blew it.
    Anyways, he will always be remembered for being "Funny Vettel" especially during his post-race conferences.
    OR the nickname “ballerina” for his famous pirouettes

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    OR the nickname “ballerina” for his famous pirouettes
    Or the "$50 million dollar man! "

Well, yeah he's already known for that. Thought of giving him a positive tag

I liked Vettelli quite a bit but have soured on him over time - yes he didn't have the best car but he also forgot (or never learned/) how to keep his emotions in check and maybe didn't contribute enough to vehicle development? I detected a lot of resentment (entitlement?) in him which didn't help. I thank him for what he's done for our team though and wish him well while I doubt he will ever be championship material again.

Quote Originally Posted by Liscia View Post
    I liked Vettelli quite a bit but have soured on him over time - yes he didn't have the best car but he also forgot (or never learned/) how to keep his emotions in check and maybe didn't contribute enough to vehicle development? I detected a lot of resentment (entitlement?) in him which didn't help. I thank him for what he's done for our team though and wish him well while I doubt he will ever be championship material again.
    Despite Verstappen and Leclerc going strong, Helmut Marko still believes that Vettel can win.

If the Aston Martin with all the Mercedes technology is tuned back to Vettel in 2021, we could all relive the blue miracle. When Sebastian is one with a car, he's hard to beat. You could see that clearly in the years 2010 to 2013, when we were able to win four world titles in a row with him.

Oh he'll win again but the key words in my last were "championship material" -=titles take(s) a team/car/ and usually 2 drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Despite Verstappen and Leclerc going strong, Helmut Marko still believes that Vettel can win.
    2011/2013 were really strong, 2010 and 2012 should have been won long before he did win them, suggesting other two times he did was duo to crazy dominant car.

I could say that Ferrari has been through a turbulent time. Starting with sacking costa and getting Pat Fry. Then losing James Allison. Then we went through a few team principals. Marchionne came and shook things around and added more pressure. That was the state of Ferrari at the time when Vettel came in. And last years investigations didn't help us much either. But Vettel was great when he came, lost it somewhere in the middle and now I am happy to see Sainz coming in. I wish him all the best at that copy-paste team. It's a covert Satellite team for Mercedes anyway.

He has now completed his final qualifying with us - he qualified P13. I hope he scores some great points.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

I hope he scores points today and I hope team gives him nice farewell, but I cannot wait for him to be gone.

Atmosphere has turned toxic, and while Ferrari not giving him extension was not exactly nice, he was here on 40M deal for 6 seasons. He delivered in 2 (2015/2017), although I think in 2017 Alonso would have won, but I digress, he had a good season that year. More importantly, would 4xWDC, no matter the form, accept 5-8M a year instead of 40M and less then young Leclerc? I doubt it, yet his result this year show he shouldn't earn more then that. Would have ever accept being 2nd fiddle? I doubt it. I think Ferrari saw where this is going, Leclerc is monster and he would ruin him in 2021 as well, all the while Vettel gives interviews how something is wrong or mysterious with the car. Can't he take a look at telemetry, see where he is slower? He can't be that naive thinking its about the car, right?

I am disappointing in this season as anyone else, but atmosphere with him in the team this year has been bad. Sainz will be put into his place by sheer statue and speed of Leclerc. He is not 4xWDC with 10+ years in F1, he is still relatively new, solid driver, but not elite and he will accept his placed once Leclerc puts 0.5s on average on him. Let's have a good race tomorrow and close this season once and for all.

Good luck to him in his next endeavour. He tried his best all the time and his views on racing quite closely match my own, he usually speaks sense.
    The partnership with Ferrari didn't work out, because he simply was never as good for Ferrari as Schumacher or Alonso were and he was also no match for Hamilton. So all in all, I felt already in 2014 that ditching Alonso and replacing him with Vettel was not a good idea at all for Ferrari. But he had some good wins, he always tried his best and is clearly one of the hardest working drivers in F1. Even though Leclerc is beating him pretty badly now, when he will team up with Stroll, it will be much much easier for him and it is good that some of the successful older drivers still remain in F1 (like Kimi and Fernando), we don't need to only have young drivers in f1.

Vettel getting clapped out of the garage:

https://streamable.com/gse1my
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Its unfortunate that Vettel couldn't emulate what Schumi managed to achieve with Ferrari, but what we had with Schumi was a rare event where all the stars were aligned.
    For me, we were spoiled by that, and supporting our team shouldn't be about winning the title or nothing at all. The sport is very different today.

I'm glad for all the wins and other achievement Vettel had with Ferrari during these few years, I certainly did enjoy watching him race in Ferrari, the same way I did with Alonso, despite both of them didn't win the title with us.
    There were plenty moment of brilliance during the peak of his stint in Ferrari.
    I thank him for that, and wish him all the best for his future career.

It's a shame Seb couldn't emulate Kimi, forget Michael.

Quote Originally Posted by Estoril View Post
    Good luck to him in his next endeavour. He tried his best all the time and his views on racing quite closely match my own, he usually speaks sense.
    The partnership with Ferrari didn't work out, because he simply was never as good for Ferrari as Schumacher or Alonso were and he was also no match for Hamilton. So all in all, I felt already in 2014 that ditching Alonso and replacing him with Vettel was not a good idea at all for Ferrari. But he had some good wins, he always tried his best and is clearly one of the hardest working drivers in F1. Even though Leclerc is beating him pretty badly now, when he will team up with Stroll, it will be much much easier for him and it is good that some of the successful older drivers still remain in F1 (like Kimi and Fernando), we don't need to only have young drivers in f1.
    Ferrari didn’t ditch Alonso, he decided to leave himself

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    On the similar note can we also start “Welcome Sainz” thread.
    Yeah start a Sainz thread so you all can start dumping on him before he drives the car, you know it's gonna happen.

Good Luck Carlos!
    Changes aren't permanent........But change is.
    ALL LIVES MATTER... EVEN YOURS

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    Vettel getting clapped out of the garage:

https://streamable.com/gse1my
    Classy gesture by our team showing their (and our) appreciation! FORZA FERRARI!!!

Vettel's comments on his helmet during helmet swap with Leclerc

To Charles, you are the most talented driver I came across in 15 years of F1. Don't waste it." "Whatever you do to be happy and smile. Thanks for everything!

I think what Seb said about Charles is definitely the greatest thing Charles has ever won. The former has been involved in F1 in one way or the other since 2006 and had raced with the GOAT that is Michael and was in an active championship battle with legends like Alonso, Hamilton, Button, Kimi and Rosberg, competed against other prodigies like Verstappen, Ricciardo and Russell (Mugello 2020). To be called the most talented driver over all of them by someone who has raced against all of them, is something.

If there is any truth in this statement, the future of Ferrari is in safe hands, at least when it comes to drivers.

Great words by vettel & equally good gesture from leclerc.

I wish Seb's pay to now stay with Charles. We need Charles TO STAY.

Had to pay a visit

Good luck Seb in your future challenges.

Have given us quite a few positive moments and hard work should always be thanked for.

Grazie Seb.

correction, that made me tear actually :( Danke Seb

EpMDc9MW8AItck0-952x714.jpeg

Classy from Seb !!

It’s a nice gesture by Seb...but what does he actually mean when you try to read between the lines....don’t waste it?? As in don’t want yiu to be wasting your time at ferrari the way I did, as well as Alo did......

For Charles sake and his talent, I surely hope he won’t waste his talent and prime years driving a car good enough for P2 in WDC....

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    It’s a nice gesture by Seb...but what does he actually mean when you try to read between the lines....don’t waste it?? As in don’t want yiu to be wasting your time at ferrari the way I did, as well as Alo did......

For Charles sake and his talent, I surely hope he won’t waste his talent and prime years driving a car good enough for P2 in WDC....
    Unless he is offered a Mercedes seat, Ferrari is definitely the only place to be. I don't want to trash talk Vettel in his tribute thread but Leclerc, even in current form would've done better in 2018. I think what he truly means is that not to get involved in Ferrari politics and stay as far as possible away from it, just like Kimi once did.

I was never a fan of Vettel.
    Yes, he was fast, but I hated his finger. Over the years, I never understood what happen and lost his fighter spirit.
    And although I believe he should leave, for a number of reasons, at the same time I feel sorry for this.
    Sab is a true gentleman, when he is calm of course!

As long as he doesn't steal any pontium from us next year, I will support him.
    Fare well!

I think what he truly means is that not to get involved in Ferrari politics and stay as far as possible away from it, just like Kimi once did.
    This was the "Read between the lines" message for Charles. He is way too talented and if his potential is scuttled due to politics he should be looking for a seat somewhere else. The person who got him here in the first place is no more to defend him. Priorities change with time.
    Sorry for this offtopic post but couldn't help commenting on a post which shows one of the main reasons which ails Ferrari.