Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Results 421 to 450 of 638

Thread: SF21 Challenger Thread

  1. #421
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    6,665
    As a designer... what the hell is that "gradient" between the two shades of red supposed to be? That's gotta be the worst attempt of livery ever done. Or did they used the burgundy because it!s darker and will hide some tech hidden in the back? It looks like someone spilled something on in. Stop ruining the red Ferrari!

    But it's time to wish our team good luck and hopefully they had a good winter and the car is a nice step forward from the SF1000

    "If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

  2. #422
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    8,664
    anybody have any links for winter testing starting tomorrow??

    thanks.

  3. #423
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    3,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    As a designer... what the hell is that "gradient" between the two shades of red supposed to be? That's gotta be the worst attempt of livery ever done. Or did they used the burgundy because it!s darker and will hide some tech hidden in the back? It looks like someone spilled something on in. Stop ruining the red Ferrari!

    But it's time to wish our team good luck and hopefully they had a good winter and the car is a nice step forward from the SF1000
    Seems they went darker to hide something at the back and the color difference meant they couldn't fade it super nicely or risk having to start that fade more towards the front, which would have been even less appealing...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

  4. #424
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    567
    Here's a stream for anyone interested:

    watch?v=DLO04Qk8GfY

    Copy and paste this after youtube.com
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

  5. #425
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    England
    Posts
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    As a designer... what the hell is that "gradient" between the two shades of red supposed to be? That's gotta be the worst attempt of livery ever done. Or did they used the burgundy because it!s darker and will hide some tech hidden in the back? It looks like someone spilled something on in. Stop ruining the red Ferrari!

    But it's time to wish our team good luck and hopefully they had a good winter and the car is a nice step forward from the SF1000
    I would have kept one red colour throughout but change the shade of red randomly at any race. They have so many great red colours on the road cars plus people would be talking about the changes in colours looking at photos more so giving more exposure to sponsors.

  6. #426
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Garden of England
    Posts
    777
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    As a designer... what the hell is that "gradient" between the two shades of red supposed to be? That's gotta be the worst attempt of livery ever done. Or did they used the burgundy because it!s darker and will hide some tech hidden in the back? It looks like someone spilled something on in. Stop ruining the red Ferrari!

    But it's time to wish our team good luck and hopefully they had a good winter and the car is a nice step forward from the SF1000
    Italian style.. LOL
    Angry. Always.

  7. #427
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    HCM CITY VIET NAM
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    Italian style.. LOL

    I have worried about SF21, dont know why. Hopefully I am wrong.

  8. #428
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,439
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    Italian style.. LOL
    Go all black like German style Merc .

  9. #429
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    France
    Posts
    576
    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...ution/5723850/


    hahahah wdyk there is something radical on this car . LOL

  10. #430
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    2,037
    https://www.planetf1.com/news/kimi-r...errari-engine/

    Ferrari engine in ‘better position’, says Raikkonen

    “I am sure they’ve made progress, and it’s better. But then you would expect that the other manufacturers have also improved.

    “But yeah, comparing what we had last year, it is in a better position. We’ll have to wait to see where it is once the racing starts, but it’s definitely helpful for us.”
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

  11. #431
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    England
    Posts
    261
    Anyone think anything will change on the Ferrari visually between today and the 1st race? Floor updates, diffuser or rear air outlets tightened down more in keeping with Haas? My prediction is the car will look exactly the same and wont change visually throughout the year.

  12. #432
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    8,351
    Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    My prediction is the car will look exactly the same and wont change visually throughout the year.
    You do realize certain tracks require modifications to the rear wing (low downforce or high downforce), floor, rear diffuser and front wing area's as well as the rear engine cover(suspension area) to cool the engine.

    As far as the MissionWinnow logo being advertised, that will change given the vicinity of the area with regards to "advertising smoking products."

    So yes, the car will change throughtout the year given the track and area of the track.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  13. #433
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    England
    Posts
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    You do realize certain tracks require modifications to the rear wing (low downforce or high downforce), floor, rear diffuser and front wing area's as well as the rear engine cover(suspension area) to cool the engine.

    As far as the MissionWinnow logo being advertised, that will change given the vicinity of the area with regards to "advertising smoking products."

    So yes, the car will change throughtout the year given the track and area of the track.
    Thanks. Yes wing angles will change for set up at certain tracks but physical changes to the shape of the car? These huge air outlets were at every race last year but the launch car in 2020 had relativley small outlets. Both Alfa and especially Haas using the same engine had much smaller exits.

    If they have different floors I am guessing these are already designed as I think all efforts are on 2022.

    In the past many have said many things will change for the 1st race but things like the front wing were the same all year from launch. Of all the years to change things surely this year is not the one?

  14. #434
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    8,664
    Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    Thanks. Yes wing angles will change for set up at certain tracks but physical changes to the shape of the car? These huge air outlets were at every race last year but the launch car in 2020 had relativley small outlets. Both Alfa and especially Haas using the same engine had much smaller exits.

    If they have different floors I am guessing these are already designed as I think all efforts are on 2022.

    In the past many have said many things will change for the 1st race but things like the front wing were the same all year from launch. Of all the years to change things surely this year is not the one?
    exactly my thoughts.....i think this years car will pretty much remain as we've seen in testing......they will work flat out prolly on 2022 car....which makes sense....as no way they can beat merc or red bull this year.....sad i know, but TRUE.....
    So the SF1000 proved to be a DUD....let's hope the SF21 will be much better then its predecessor.

  15. #435
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,439
    I believe if Charles and Carlos fight R Bull the way Max fights Merc every race they can see podiums and maybe with a driver safe DNF for R Bull or Merc maybe a win!! Perez did it !!

  16. #436
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    HCM CITY VIET NAM
    Posts
    73
    I am sure, we are the team to beat.

  17. #437
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by nhiepka View Post
    I am sure, we are the team to beat.
    ....NOT

  18. #438
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    8,664
    Quote Originally Posted by nhiepka View Post
    I am sure, we are the team to beat.
    Wishful thinking mate, wishful thinking....

  19. #439
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kiato-Greece
    Posts
    2,985
    Günther Steiner on the new Ferrari power unit:
    "I would say a medium step. I can't say it's a big step because then I would show that I am happy and I can't do that to Ferrari (laughs). In motorsport it is never enough, if you say it is enough, then something is wrong.
    Ι think the engine is a step forward, but we don't know what the other engine manufacturers have done. I don't have their numbers. I don't even have the numbers from Ferrari. I trust Ferrari when they tell me that the engine is better.
    We knew last year, in the second half of the season, when the engine was released internally for production, how it would be. I wasn't friendly about the engine last year and Mattia heard that in private talks. They made a step forward."

    #RTL
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

  20. #440
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,833
    Karun doesn't give Ferrari much love for this year.


    "If I had to take a guess at a pecking order from that test, I would say Red Bull and Mercedes on top, ahead of AlphaTauri and McLaren, closely followed by Aston Martin, Alpine and Ferrari, with Alfa Romeo, Williams and Haas a step behind them."

  21. #441
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    8,664
    So Binotto is saying now that this year maybe difficult again...just like last year...maybe not as bad but difficult again...

    I swear to God he’s prolly gonna get the BIG BOOT if we’re gonna have a bad year again

  22. #442
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    England
    Posts
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    So Binotto is saying now that this year maybe difficult again...just like last year...maybe not as bad but difficult again...

    I swear to God he’s prolly gonna get the BIG BOOT if we’re gonna have a bad year again
    Any article? What else could he say? Merc and RB say the same, so does every other team. If he said it will not be tough that means he is confident Ferrari will easily win every race and that doesnt happen for any team. If Ferrari come 3rd it would be a tough year as 2 teams would beat them, that is likely going to happen but if Ferrari can come 3rd I would take it considering where the rules are now and where Ferrari were last year.

  23. #443
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    8,664
    Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    Any article? What else could he say? Merc and RB say the same, so does every other team. If he said it will not be tough that means he is confident Ferrari will easily win every race and that doesnt happen for any team. If Ferrari come 3rd it would be a tough year as 2 teams would beat them, that is likely going to happen but if Ferrari can come 3rd I would take it considering where the rules are now and where Ferrari were last year.
    https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/79905...ult-again.html

  24. #444
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    England
    Posts
    261
    Thanks.

    Open to interpretation. Seems a standard cagey response all team leaders tend to give and after last years disaster it's about the message I would think he should give. Even a hint of too much positivity and passionate Ferrari fans will be expecting a title charge then the pressure mounts as it's highly doubtful they will challenge the top 2 this year. We'll have an idea of progress in 2 weeks at what was one of last years worse races.

  25. #445
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,236
    I defended this guy for long, but these kind of quotes...sheesh...Guys at factory, our drivers...I mean this has to be very demoralizing. If they are slow because of bad design, then it means likelyhood of us competing for WDC next year are very slim. If we are relatively good, then what kind of attitude is that?

    This better missquote, havent heard something as bad as this since last season when we were 50hp down (which we no longer are, and that means our chassis is trash)

    If we are close to Alfa Romeo he has to be fired on spot. You cannot be close to Alfa as works team!

  26. #446
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    567
    Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    I defended this guy for long, but these kind of quotes...sheesh...Guys at factory, our drivers...I mean this has to be very demoralizing. If they are slow because of bad design, then it means likelyhood of us competing for WDC next year are very slim. If we are relatively good, then what kind of attitude is that?

    This better missquote, havent heard something as bad as this since last season when we were 50hp down (which we no longer are, and that means our chassis is trash)

    If we are close to Alfa Romeo he has to be fired on spot. You cannot be close to Alfa as works team!
    Clickbait article. This is what he actually said-

    "We are now at the start of a new season, you have got a different car, you’ve got new hope, so it’s normal that now the atmosphere is certainly better. But we know it will be a long season, 23 races; it may be very difficult again so I think we need to be prepared, be focused on what is our objective — which is long-term — and then not forget it”, Binotto said.

    He's just saying that the team shouldn't become overconfident since Aston Martin, McLaren and Alpine may catch up within the 23 race season.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

  27. #447
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,425
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    exactly my thoughts.....i think this years car will pretty much remain as we've seen in testing......they will work flat out prolly on 2022 car....which makes sense....as no way they can beat merc or red bull this year.....sad i know, but TRUE.....
    Aside from the usual front and wing changes pending different downforce requirements, I think every team could see many small alterations to the floor.

  28. #448
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    slovenia
    Posts
    216
    Watched testing and I have a bad feeling for the ferrari, maybe better than last year but not much. If in the end they really fight for 6-7 place then Binotto has nothing more to do in the leading positions. Obviously, Ferrari has people who can only do that much, and with this team, the future is not rosy either, so we will wait for the title for the next 10 years. All the teams are progressing in the aerodynamics and chassis of the Ferrari as if they have nothing to do with what they are doing and if the alfa Romeo is really on the same level then the binotto should fly away immediately.

    PS i love alfa romeo but f1 is my love Ferrari

  29. #449
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,010
    Binotto: "It may be very difficult again"
    16-03-2021 20:30 | Updated: 16-03-2021 21:23 by GPblog.comF1 NEWS
    Binotto: It may be very difficult again

    Those who have followed the winter test in Bahrain over the last few days will have noticed that there has been relatively little talk about Ferrari. That in itself is a good sign, because it means that it wasn't disastrously bad, but so far the team hasn't been able to impress either.

    The F1TV experts who were watching around the track did say that the Ferrari looked a bit unsettled. This was also evident from the problems Carlos Sainz had with the car. After Lewis Hamilton he was the driver who probably ended up on the side of the track the most.

    Better atmosphere at Ferrari
    Although top speed is no longer a concern, according to Mattia Binotto, and the atmosphere within the team has improved significantly, he cannot yet say that all problems have now been solved. The following quote on Racer.com indicates that the Italian is already mentally preparing himself for a disappointment.

    "We are now at the start of a new season, you have got a different car, you’ve got new hope, so it’s normal that now the atmosphere is certainly better. But we know it will be a long season, 23 races; it may be very difficult again so I think we need to be prepared, be focused on what is our objective — which is long-term — and then not forget it”, Binotto said.

    https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/79905...ult-again.html
    Black Lives Matter
    We Race as One
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

  30. #450
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,010
    Sorry I didn't realise this was already discussed here.
    Black Lives Matter
    We Race as One
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •