Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 31415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast
Results 811 to 840 of 878

Thread: SF21 Challenger Thread

  1. #811
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    11,143
    Ferrari admits new hybrid system is worth 0.150s per lap / gives them a good chance in Mexico.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  2. #812
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    France
    Posts
    968
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Ferrari admits new hybrid system is worth 0.150s per lap / gives them a good chance in Mexico.
    I think these numbers reflect the worst case scenario. As we saw on the Austin track, it could be a lot more. The amount of power makes it possible to load the car as it should be, making the tires working. I bet the cumulative gains could be around 5 tenths on some tracks
    Last edited by Gilles; 28th October 2021 at 17:16.

  3. #813
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,610
    A good pit stop is worth up to a whole second at any track ! 2.8 is where it's at.

  4. #814
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA!
    Posts
    3,164
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    I think these numbers reflect the worst case scenario. As we saw on the Austin track, it could be a lot more. The amount of power makes it possible to load the car as it should be, making the tires working. I bet the cumulative gains could be around 5 tenths on some tracks
    That’s a bit hard to swollen. Half a second is revolutionary at this point.

  5. #815
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kiato-Greece
    Posts
    4,222
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    That’s a bit hard to swollen. Half a second is revolutionary at this point.
    Yeah I see it as TOO MUCH myself. And a gain of 1-2 tenths with better drivability as pretty good for now!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

  6. #816
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    9,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    I think these numbers reflect the worst case scenario. As we saw on the Austin track, it could be a lot more. The amount of power makes it possible to load the car as it should be, making the tires working. I bet the cumulative gains could be around 5 tenths on some tracks
    It think focusing only on the power gain is a simplistic viewpoint.

    It's lighter, more powerful and allowing Ferrari to add more aero load on the car. Ferrari ran with high DF setup on both cars in Austin and for the first time since 2019, they didn't lose out on the straights. And due to it's lightweight, it's also allowing better car balance. Charles had no problem keeping up with the Merc and the Red Bull at Turkey with a low DF setup.

  7. #817
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,198
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    That’s a bit hard to swollen. Half a second is revolutionary at this point.
    Not really. As has been mentioned the extra power lets us better use the tires. Both Ferrari's have been able to extend stints lately and that may be down to being able to use more downforce and not worry about having to nurse tires.

  8. #818
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    A good pit stop is worth up to a whole second at any track ! 2.8 is where it's at.
    100%

    Carlos received a 2.2 second pitstop in Austin, then his second stop was terrible and ruined all the hard work.

  9. #819
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    France
    Posts
    968
    Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Yeah I see it as TOO MUCH myself. And a gain of 1-2 tenths with better drivability as pretty good for now!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    That’s a bit hard to swollen. Half a second is revolutionary at this point.
    Without the update, the SF21 would have suffered in Austin. Instead of been behind Mclaren they were 4 tenths faster. This car has its origins in a dragster (loaded for 2020, at drag cost). It have to been loaded to work the tires (suited to powerfull PU). The truth is that we can't quantify the gains with tres, but it can be huge. Think about how slow this car turned in France, due to tires fading
    I think myself it may be more than 5 tenths, but didn't write it. Understand that gain is firstly relative to the SF21 itself, without upgrading, have no confusion
    Last edited by Gilles; 30th October 2021 at 12:20.

  10. #820
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kiato-Greece
    Posts
    4,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Without the update, the SF21 would have suffered in Austin. Instead of been behind Mclaren they were 4 tenths faster. This car has its origins in a dragster. It have to be loaded to work the tires (designed for powerfull PU). The truth is that we can't quantify the gains with tres, but it can be huge. Think about how slow this car turned in France, due to tyres fading
    I think myself it may be more than 5 tenths, but didn't write it. Understand that gain is firstly relative to the SF21 itself, without upgrading, have no confusion
    To tell you the truth, I don't really care about the exact number, just seems a lot for half a sec!!! All I care and I'm pretty happy for it,is that we where cleanly much faster then the McLarens!!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

  11. #821
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,198
    Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    To tell you the truth, I don't really care about the exact number, just seems a lot for half a sec!!! All I care and I'm pretty happy for it,is that we where cleanly much faster then the McLarens!!!!!!!
    On a track that was supposed to favour them.

  12. #822
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    France
    Posts
    968
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    On a track that was supposed to favour them.
    Exactly
    Also, in France, the SF21 did not have enough charge to run the tires, destroying them (even if it can't be as simple, they certainly missed something to be that bad, as track evolution)
    With more power, it would have been possible to use more wings to have much room to set up the car, without losing everything in Vmax and being rdiculous. If we consider that in F1, 50-60hp gives 1 sec advantage, in France (in this extreme case), 20hp additional could have woke up the car
    There, inthe race, the gain of the SF21 with the updated PU compared to the one without the update would have been in second(s), not in tenths, and much more than expected when considering power only and not the whole car working way
    As a result, the SF21 should now assert (on average) its 3rd place, with indeed a few tenths gained over its competitors, but above all with more consistency (less possibilties to fall down slower than Alpine, Alpha, being stuck in Q2, etc.)
    For the remaining races, we should see a car a bit faster with a much more regular access to full potential
    Last edited by Gilles; 30th October 2021 at 14:14.

  13. #823
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    France
    Posts
    968
    Norris : "For the way the weekend went, in FP1, FP2, FP3, we were pretty good compared to Ferrari but maybe they were saving up or something and they took everything from us. They definitely have a head start right now, they have the car, not faster everywhere but more consistent than us and more maneuverable. It was so hard for us in the wind, it was very easy to make mistakes and this is where their cars looked so much better."

  14. #824
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Without the update, the SF21 would have suffered in Austin. Instead of been behind Mclaren they were 4 tenths faster. This car has its origins in a dragster (loaded for 2020, at drag cost). It have to been loaded to work the tires (suited to powerfull PU). The truth is that we can't quantify the gains with tres, but it can be huge. Think about how slow this car turned in France, due to tires fading
    I think myself it may be more than 5 tenths, but didn't write it. Understand that gain is firstly relative to the SF21 itself, without upgrading, have no confusion
    I don't know if we were that much faster, it put the car on the same playing field, and our drivers took care of the rest.

  15. #825
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    France
    Posts
    968
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    I don't know if we were that much faster, it put the car on the same playing field, and our drivers took care of the rest.
    We were :
    Attachment 7871

  16. #826
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    We were :
    Attachment 7871
    Actually I think that proves my point. Carlos, Lando, and Danny were all together, and the my boy, the stud, Charles, was a half a second faster than them. In an evenly matched car.

  17. #827
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    9,544
    I'm really hoping for zero reliability issues at Mexico. This track should favor us and could be our strongest performance this year.

    So no more bad luck please. We've had enough of those already.

  18. #828
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    France
    Posts
    968
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    Actually I think that proves my point. Carlos, Lando, and Danny were all together, and the my boy, the stud, Charles, was a half a second faster than them. In an evenly matched car.
    Like Norris, i think ferrari was faster. In clean air, Carlos would easily being faster too. Maybe not at Leclerc level, but faster for sure

  19. #829
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    France
    Posts
    968
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    I'm really hoping for zero reliability issues at Mexico. This track should favor us and could be our strongest performance this year.

    So no more bad luck please. We've had enough of those already.
    The car seems to be reliabale so far, i'm confident on this side. Hope to be very competitive there, able to win would be so incredible. Can't think about that, too early for now

  20. #830
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,610
    I hope a Ferrari driver is right up front if Perez is the one to hold Max back! It's Mexico !!!!

  21. #831
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    France
    Posts
    968
    I want at least Leclerc on second row and on the podium!

  22. #832
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    I want at least Leclerc on second row and on the podium!
    i think my boy is gonna win it.

  23. #833
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    France
    Posts
    620
    Max, Lec , Sainz then perez and Hamilton somewhere in the walls would be the perfect podium for me :) (the max for the win just to further Hamilton's wc chances)

  24. #834
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    32,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    i think my boy is gonna win it.
    I think we have a good chance of being up there fighting for the win.
    Forza Ferrari

  25. #835
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    France
    Posts
    968
    "Why sf21 can be fast in Mexico" :

    https://scuderiafans.com/ferrari-why...ty-grand-prix/

    - The smaller turbo would handicap Mercedes engines
    - ICE hp gap decrease as total hp decrease
    - Electric power will be more determinant and more efficient
    - High load setup required
    Ok, not changing my wish
    Last edited by Gilles; 1st November 2021 at 07:12.

  26. #836
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    France
    Posts
    968
    In the sraights, Mercedes and Ferrari could lower the rear of their car earlier than RB :
    https://scuderiafans.com/ferrari-why...ty-grand-prix/
    Last edited by Gilles; 3rd November 2021 at 18:20.

  27. #837
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    France
    Posts
    968
    Laps spent in each position 2020/2021
    Attachment 7874

  28. #838
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Laps spent in each position 2020/2021
    Attachment 7874
    Huge improvements and it's mostly down to the PU.

  29. #839
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    France
    Posts
    968
    Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Huge improvements and it's mostly down to the PU.
    I would add the help coming from a great rear rework (considering restrictions), the clever nose change and the cooling management evolution (for what we can see)

  30. #840
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    France
    Posts
    968
    Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Huge improvements and it's mostly down to the PU.
    I would add the help coming from a great rear rework (considering restrictions), the clever nose change and the cooling management evolution (for what we can see)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •