Thread: Michael Schumacher vs Lewis Hamilton

Michael Schumacher vs Lewis Hamilton

I have been thinking about the topic for much of 2020 as it was clear Hamilton was going to tie Schumacher with his 7th world championship. So I decided to make a video. Just wanted to share and get some opinions or feedback. The video is unlisted, no description, no links, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXZQWqFJaFI

Edit: Had to re-upload

Edit 2: Re-upload again due to a copyright claim
    Last edited by SS454; 3rd January 2021 at 23:32.

Only 1 drove for Ferrari. Nuff said. Nice video.

Thanks.

I do kinda wish it was MSC driving for Mercedes at some point between 2014 and 2020 though.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Thanks.

I do kinda wish it was MSC driving for Mercedes at some point between 2014 and 2020 though.
    Nico wrecked any hopes of hat happening.

I have been thinking about the topic for much of 2020 as it was clear Hamilton was going to tie Schumacher with his 7th world championship. So I decided to make a video. Just wanted to share and get some opinions or feedback. The video is unlisted, no description, no links, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3re91G5ZjQ

Edit: Had to reupload
    Excellent work. #respect.

As for my opinion and disregarding my personal preference, I do believe that taking your analysis into account as well ,Michael is the better driver.
    I don't take anything from LH , he's done plenty in his days, however, when you do compare , you need to take everything into account and truth being told , for better or worse he 's had it easier.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Nico wrecked any hopes of hat happening.
    And here I was thinking that it was that skiing accident.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    And here I was thinking that it was that skiing accident.
    I was only thinking about F-1 and how things turned out @ Merc with regards to Nico being the better driver. The skiing accident is just too terrible for me to accept. I'd rather just talk F-1.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Excellent work. #respect.

As for my opinion and disregarding my personal preference, I do believe that taking your analysis into account as well ,Michael is the better driver.
    I don't take anything from LH , he's done plenty in his days, however, when you do compare , you need to take everything into account and truth being told , for better or worse he 's had it easier.
    Thanks. I tried to do my best and not be biased in research and just let the data tell the story. The more I picked it apart the more obvious the answer got. I completely agree Hamilton is a great talent that has done many things, but it is possible he has had the most advantages of any F1 driver in history.

Thanks. I tried to do my best and not be biased in research and just let the data tell the story. The more I picked it apart the more obvious the answer got. I completely agree Hamilton is a great talent that has done many things, but it is possible he has had the most advantages of any F1 driver in history.
    One of the biggest advantage of any driver in F-1 history is having your contract guarantee you to be the team's #1 driver and your team mate has to move over or give up his seat. In Louis' case his team mate is right up there with Max trying to take out Louis as #1. If a driver is truly a great, he should have to race to truly win , no extra's like move over should be included. At the time there were a few top drivers who refused the seat @ Ferrari just because of that clause that would be against them. Who knows who would have been the better if they in fact signed up? 2020 car wise Louis has a lot to do with his ride being #1, with all the input to the team as far as what's up with the car. The drivers are the main testers of what the car needs .

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    One of the biggest advantage of any driver in F-1 history is having your contract guarantee you to be the team's #1 driver and your team mate has to move over or give up his seat. In Louis' case his team mate is right up there with Max trying to take out Louis as #1. If a driver is truly a great, he should have to race to truly win , no extra's like move over should be included. At the time there were a few top drivers who refused the seat @ Ferrari just because of that clause that would be against them. Who knows who would have been the better if they in fact signed up? 2020 car wise Louis has a lot to do with his ride being #1, with all the input to the team as far as what's up with the car. The drivers are the main testers of what the car needs .
    All the great drivers put themselves in a spot to be #1 and get the advantages that go with it. Alonso is particularly stubborn about having things his way or he loses his mind.

From a team standpoint, it makes sense to develop the car around the best driver for the best chances of winning. Ricciardo did very well against Max, and since he left RBR put all their eggs in the Max basket and no other teammate has come close.

It's why I had to mention "favoritism" as a factor to Michael and Lewis' success.

All the great drivers put themselves in a spot to be #1 and get the advantages that go with it. Alonso is particularly stubborn about having things his way or he loses his mind.

From a team standpoint, it makes sense to develop the car around the best driver for the best chances of winning. Ricciardo did very well against Max, and since he left RBR put all their eggs in the Max basket and no other teammate has come close.

It's why I had to mention "favoritism" as a factor to Michael and Lewis' success.
    Very true, Alonso was stubborn about how he wanted his car; come race time; not his contract to be #1 in writing. Max also is on top through his driving, Dan was allowed but just couldn't keep up with him. Merc as you say has developed their top car around their top driver's car input. Drivers will have to really do their best to reach future wins in the 100 s.

Who is Jacques Villennouu? A tough debate. Both Drivers have 7 Driver Titles, (then
    Lewis may get an 8th this Season). Both Drivers had various rivals to face through their careers. Michael came up against Jacques Villneuve, Mika Hakkenhein, who Michael rated as the best driver that he raced against. Then there was Montoya which Michael saw off. Lewis has had rivalry in Seb Vettel and Max.
    I think Michael started off at Ferrari and Mercedes with not the best of cars. Michael helped to build up Ferrari with his Testing input of the car. Another factor in Michael's work at the two Teams is Ross Brawn. Both of them were factors in Ferrari's dominance.
    When Lewis started at McLaren and Mercedes, I think they were OK cars. It seems as if he was at the Teams, at the start of there rises. It seemed like Michael was doing the ground work at Mercedes, then Lewis says, 'i'll have that car'.
    You can't question Lewis's achievement in F1 if he Wins an 8th Drivers Title. As someone mentioned in a previous Post, it seems as if he has had it easier.
    So I think that the Best Driver is Jacques Villennouu. No, sorry, I meant Michael Schumacher.
    The good times WILL return, and FERever.