Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324

Thread: 2021 F1 news/rumours

Fast pits, good tire choice , and H P and the drivers will have what it takes to get on the podium or better. Areo problems are an excuse for not doing well.

Ferrari's bold choice for its 2022 F1 engine explained

Anyone else see this?

Why is there so much information out there about Ferrari's 2022 plans? Does this upset anyone else the way it upsets me? Why are we giving away our secrets?

Meanwhile, I haven't heard a peep out of Mercedes with regards to 2022. Which is scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    Ferrari's bold choice for its 2022 F1 engine explained

Anyone else see this?

Why is there so much information out there about Ferrari's 2022 plans? Does this upset anyone else the way it upsets me? Why are we giving away our secrets?

Meanwhile, I haven't heard a peep out of Mercedes with regards to 2022. Which is scary.
    Me too, it's time to keep our secrets secret and there have already been questions over the ICE format and whether it could be a triumph or a disaster. I just pray that Binotto knows what he has been doing, unless the whole story is a red herring to put others off the scent!

[QUOTE=Cav

Meanwhile, I haven't heard a peep out of Mercedes with regards to 2022. Which is scary.[/QUOTE]

Merc is way too busy with this 2021 season, They are working on 8 & 100. I wish it was Ferrari. I'm glad to see our drivers are into this season doing their best. 2 poles is a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Merc is way too busy with this 2021 season, They are working on 8 & 100. I wish it was Ferrari. I'm glad to see our drivers are into this season doing their best. 2 poles is a big deal.
    I'm not so sure that is the case, i hope it is, but I have a feeling that this is essentially the 2020 Merc, and they are just trying to squeak out this championship with that car. If they don't win it, I don't think they care as much.

They care. Completely different rules next year and with a resurgent Ferrari under Binotto with 2 good drivers, they'd probably like to sew up the 8th this year, would take some pressure off. Plus Russel might be driving the 2nd Merc, and seeing as how he can't score any points with Wiliiams, might not contribute too much to Merc's tally.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    They care. Completely different rules next year and with a resurgent Ferrari under Binotto with 2 good drivers, they'd probably like to sew up the 8th this year, would take some pressure off. Plus Russel might be driving the 2nd Merc, and seeing as how he can't score any points with Wiliiams, might not contribute too much to Merc's tally.
    Well firstly let's pray that Ferrari is resurgent next year, the drivers aren't the issue. According to Mekies the development of the SF21 has now finished, apart from any adjustments that can be made with what we have. Russell is being massively hyped, but he may be no better than Bottas, at least I hope that's the case if he does go to Merc. All I care about is our team's fortunes.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Well firstly let's pray that Ferrari is resurgent next year, the drivers aren't the issue.