Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 99

Thread: 2021 Predictions

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    472
    Looks like the team is improved in all areas. Still not close to do the faster pitstop in the race, but they are not bad either.
    Strategy wise, not major issues.

    So, they have the capacity to capitalise on a blunder from Merc/RB.
    I believe that we will see a DNF due to collision between MV and LH, so, we must be close in order to get the odd win.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    567
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Why not???? Mclaren is faster than Ferrari given in the hands of the right driver. I consider Leclerc to be a better driver than Norris.....but not by much...but Norris is in a faster car.

    We are currently seeing drivers having trouble in their cars since they transitioned onto them in 2021 copmpared to their team-mates-->Perez, Alonso, Ricciardo, Vettel.
    I never considered Bottas an excellent driver but he has been driving a dominant car playing second fiddle to Lewis.

    Rookies--> Yuki, Mazepin and Mick are also having issues acclomating to their cars and were just 2 races into the season.

    I expect all of the above to get better as the races accrue....withn 3 to 4 races into the season.
    Except it isn't? Leclerc was much faster than Norris or Ricciardo before the red flag and after that, Leclerc didn't know it was going to be a rolling start and lost the place to Norris. Even then, in clean air, Norris was barely quicker than Leclerc. The only reason Leclerc couldn't overtake and pull away is because the track is too narrow and risking it would demolish a good result.

    You must've been watching a different race if you think McLaren were quicker than us.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    567
    Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    Looks like the team is improved in all areas. Still not close to do the faster pitstop in the race, but they are not bad either.
    Strategy wise, not major issues.

    So, they have the capacity to capitalise on a blunder from Merc/RB.
    I believe that we will see a DNF due to collision between MV and LH, so, we must be close in order to get the odd win.
    Ferrari improved a lot in pitstops. Arguably P3 but comfortably P4 behind RedBull, Williams and Mercedes (whenever they feel the need to have a quick pitstop).

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    8,381
    Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    Except it isn't? Leclerc was much faster than Norris or Ricciardo before the red flag and after that, Leclerc didn't know it was going to be a rolling start and lost the place to Norris. Even then, in clean air, Norris was barely quicker than Leclerc. The only reason Leclerc couldn't overtake and pull away is because the track is too narrow and risking it would demolish a good result.

    You must've been watching a different race if you think McLaren were quicker than us.
    I watched the same race as you did.

    Mclaren is quicker than Ferrari in qualifying and in race pace. Norris is currently 27 points in the WDC and Leclerc is 20 points in the WDC with 2 races in. Ricciardo and Sainz are tied with 14pts apiece.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    29,486
    Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    Except it isn't? Leclerc was much faster than Norris or Ricciardo before the red flag and after that, Leclerc didn't know it was going to be a rolling start and lost the place to Norris. Even then, in clean air, Norris was barely quicker than Leclerc. The only reason Leclerc couldn't overtake and pull away is because the track is too narrow and risking it would demolish a good result.

    You must've been watching a different race if you think McLaren were quicker than us.
    Indeed, Leclerc was way quicker than Norris, red flag cost him badly. How anyone can ignore that and claim McLaren were quicker is rather strange.
    Forza Ferrari

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    salco
    Posts
    3,091
    I think we can get a win this year, circuits like Monte Carlo and Singapore.
    what do you guys think? realistic or overly optimistic?

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Indeed, Leclerc was way quicker than Norris, red flag cost him badly. How anyone can ignore that and claim McLaren were quicker is rather strange.
    Agree. Leclerc was dropping the Mclarens quite handily until the field was bunched up again with the red flag. Even Sainz after going off a couple times was still able to close on the Mclarens. The soft tires gave Norris track position and he had his car set up for the long straight so Leclerc couldn't get past.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    6,759
    Forget Mclaren and Norris, Leclerc was even faster than Perez on intermediates. He overtook him on track and was ahead by 16 seconds before the pit stop. Leclerc had 29 seconds advantage over both Norris and Perez, there's no ifs and buts about it. In last year's Turkey, he was 65 seconds behind the race leader after the first 5 laps, and clawed back that deficit without any safety car. The same logic should be applied to Mclaren as well. Norris was on clean air from lap 13 onward and he couldn't claw back the deficit. And what's more, he couldn't overtake Ric and needed teamorder to get ahead.

    Leclerc and Ferrari lost the podium because of the red flag. Simple.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    8,381
    Mclaren is faster than Ferrari. BOTH Mclaren drivers have advanced into Q3 at both GP's. Another team also has advanced into Q3 at both GP's....take a guess??

    The red flag at Imola helped most and did'nt help others.....that's the nature of the red flag.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    29,486
    The red flag was the only reason the "faster" McLaren got ahead, otherwise the "faster" McLaren was well off Charles pace.....but yeah that makes them "faster".
    Forza Ferrari

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    8,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    The red flag was the only reason the "faster" McLaren got ahead, otherwise the "faster" McLaren was well off Charles pace.....but yeah that makes them "faster".
    Mclaren is beating Ferrari in the WDC standings.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    29,486
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Mclaren is beating Ferrari in the WDC standings.
    Ah so that makes them faster? If not for the red flag that you seem to want to ignore they would be 1 point ahead.

    They were not faster at Imola and no matter what you say will change that really.
    Forza Ferrari

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Ah so that makes them faster? If not for the red flag that you seem to want to ignore they would be 1 point ahead.

    They were not faster at Imola and no matter what you say will change that really.
    You can't argue with these kind of fans...

    But what you say is true.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    8,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Ah so that makes them faster? If not for the red flag that you seem to want to ignore they would be 1 point ahead.

    They were not faster at Imola and no matter what you say will change that really.
    Overall, Mclaren is the faster car
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    29,486
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    You can't argue with these kind of fans...

    But what you say is true.
    Yeah just seems some "fans" just always have to look for reasons to be negative.

    Norris has beaten Perez both races, must mean McLaren is also faster than Red Bull
    Forza Ferrari

  16. #76
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    8,381
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Forget Mclaren and Norris, Leclerc was even faster than Perez on intermediates. He overtook him on track and was ahead by 16 seconds before the pit stop. Leclerc had 29 seconds advantage over both Norris and Perez, there's no ifs and buts about it. .
    So just because Leclerc was "faster" than Norris and Perez......heck, let's throw in Bottas as well....that makes a Ferrari faster than a Mclaren, a Redbull and a Mercedes.

    Overall, the Ferrari is not faster than a Mclaren, a RedBull or a Mercedes as you will see in the upcoming races.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  17. #77
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    29,486
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    So just because Leclerc was "faster" than Norris and Perez......heck, let's throw in Bottas as well....that makes a Ferrari faster than a Mclaren, a Redbull and a Mercedes.

    Overall, the Ferrari is not faster than a Mclaren, a RedBull or a Mercedes as you will see in the upcoming races.
    Ferrari was faster at Imola, get over it already
    Forza Ferrari

  18. #78
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    8,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Yeah just seems some "fans" just always have to look for reasons to be negative.

    Norris has beaten Perez both races, must mean McLaren is also faster than Red Bull
    Sorry if I hurt your feelings by being negative.

    Perez is acclomating to a new car.....as well as other more experienced drivers as I have mentioned.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  19. #79
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    29,486
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Sorry if I hurt your feelings by being negative.

    Perez is acclomating to a new car.....as well as other more experienced drivers as I have mentioned.
    Nope McLaren is quicker than Red Bull.....
    Forza Ferrari

  20. #80
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    6,759
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Mclaren is faster than Ferrari. BOTH Mclaren drivers have advanced into Q3 at both GP's. Another team also has advanced into Q3 at both GP's....take a guess??

    The red flag at Imola helped most and did'nt help others.....that's the nature of the red flag.
    Leclerc is ahead of Bottas in the standing and both of our drivers are ahead of Perez. Guess it makes us faster than Mercedes and Red Bull!?

  21. #81
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    8,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Nope McLaren is quicker than Red Bull.....
    please.

    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Leclerc is ahead of Bottas in the standing and both of our drivers are ahead of Perez. Guess it makes us faster than Mercedes and Red Bull!?
    One race does'nt make it so. Overall, Mclaren is faster than Ferrari.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  22. #82
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    472
    Guys, relax.
    Ferrari was faster in the wet.
    In the dry, it wasn't. Simple as that.

  23. #83
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    8,669
    Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    Guys, relax.
    Ferrari was faster in the wet.
    In the dry, it wasn't. Simple as that.
    someone that knows what he's talking about....

  24. #84
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Manila, PH
    Posts
    2,054
    Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    Guys, relax.
    Ferrari was faster in the wet.
    In the dry, it wasn't. Simple as that.
    It isn't. Conditions were dry at the end. Leclerc finished 2 seconds behind Norris, Sainz was ahead of Ricciardo by 24. The McLarens were on softs, the Ferraris were on mediums.

  25. #85
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    472
    Exactly my point. It's not 2006.
    With DRS you can pass a slower car.
    CL couldn't pass LN and he even dropped from the 0.7 to 2" distance at the end.

  26. #86
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    189
    Come on guys, we still have 20 races to go. While certain conditions may have favoured Mc over Ferrari, it won't be the case all the time. Right now our priority should be ensuring the correlated updates in wind tunnel matches on the race track and faster development

  27. #87
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    6,759
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    One race does'nt make it so. Overall, Mclaren is faster than Ferrari.
    Not really. Mclaren was faster in Bahrain but slower in Imola. They needed the red flag and soft tyre gamble in a green track to get ahead of Ferrari. Not sure why you're hellbent on making them faster than us.

  28. #88
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    6,759
    Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    It isn't. Conditions were dry at the end. Leclerc finished 2 seconds behind Norris, Sainz was ahead of Ricciardo by 24. The McLarens were on softs, the Ferraris were on mediums.
    Yes. Leclerc was only 1.5 seconds before the final lap and in the end the gap was 1.8 seconds. Imola has always been notorious for overtaking another car and Mclaren was faster on the straight due to its skinny rear wing and superior engine. When both had equal tyres and clean air, the Mclaren was nowhere near of Ferrari.

  29. #89
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    2,797
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I watched the same race as you did.

    Mclaren is quicker than Ferrari in qualifying and in race pace. Norris is currently 27 points in the WDC and Leclerc is 20 points in the WDC with 2 races in. Ricciardo and Sainz are tied with 14pts apiece.
    You ignore the fact that Norris was using new soft tyres whereas Charles was using medium (and if I'm correct) they were used as well.
    At the same time, before the red flag, Charles was chaotically faster.
    So no.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  30. #90
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    2,797
    Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    It isn't. Conditions were dry at the end. Leclerc finished 2 seconds behind Norris, Sainz was ahead of Ricciardo by 24. The McLarens were on softs, the Ferraris were on mediums.
    Exactly.

    Not really. Mclaren was faster in Bahrain but slower in Imola. They needed the red flag and soft tyre gamble in a green track to get ahead of Ferrari. Not sure why you're hellbent on making them faster than us.
    Because "Mclaren are faster than us".
    Not really, but ok.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •