Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2021 Predictions

Although two races are behind us, I still think these are early days to definite answer if McLaren is faster than Ferrari. In Bahrain, yes, they were faster than us. But in Imola it was another way around. We still have straight line speed disadvantage, but in these "slower" tracks we should be fine. Not the best of course, but ahed of McLaren. We shall se in Barcelona, Monaco, Singapore etc. There are still 20 races to go.
    I think the main reason why Leclerc couldn't overtake Norris is because it is difficult to overtake in Imola. Even Hamilton was stuck behind Leclerc for like what, 6,7 laps or something like that. The cars are increadibly wide, much wider than in 2000s and Imola didn't widen since then.

3rd is very possible ferrari looking for hundredths of a second.Engine wise most teams are pretty close as shown to date.The hybrid era has reached virtual saturation point.I have this feeling that ferrari are a lot more advanced on 2022 car.The 2019 engine and its mapping is tied into the new regs for 2022 hence the confidential settlement.I expect ferrari to be back on top firmly in 2022, this year will be solid with huge amounts of improvement compared to the disaster of 2020.The punishment is a blessing in disguise.

They're doing a lot of testing so hopefully this is a plan for preparing for next year. Maybe fine tuning correlation or testing new solutions. Nice to see them taking advantage of the track in their backyard.

Exactly why have the facility and not use it and the only team in f1 with its own privately owned track thats gold.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    3rd is very possible ferrari looking for hundredths of a second.Engine wise most teams are pretty close as shown to date.The hybrid era has reached virtual saturation point.I have this feeling that ferrari are a lot more advanced on 2022 car.The 2019 engine and its mapping is tied into the new regs for 2022 hence the confidential settlement.I expect ferrari to be back on top firmly in 2022, this year will be solid with huge amounts of improvement compared to the disaster of 2020.The punishment is a blessing in disguise.
    Excuse me?
    Q. What do yoy mean by tied into the new regs?

I mean some aspects of the 2019 engine which was controversial ferrari wanted safe guarded this was part of the settlement with the fia.They might use aspects of the 2019 engine moving foward in 2022.Thats what I mean.

Ok, but this doesn't explain why they didn't fit the 2018 engine in the 2019 car.
    Or why those parts are notin the 2020 engine.
    Or, or, or...
    As fans we have a lot of questions exactly because the settlement was secret.

True.The 64 million dollar question is why it is a very protected settlement.As fans we are all very curious.

We slip to off topic now, but I tend to believe what Ferrari stated: not to reveal the engine's design.
    Last edited by tpe; 28th April 2021 at 16:37.