Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix - Imola, Apr 16 - 18

I am pleased. Feel sorry for CS. If tomorrow is raining anything can happen!

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    He tunes up his car more to quali pace than race pace, so he can get better track position, like I said earlier, he is a clever young man, he knows how difficult it is to overtake, and he knows that our car is slow, so this is the only way to have a chance to get close to the top, if he just can keep his position in race.

Nice job by Perez too, beating Max is not easy.
    Not really. Ferrari used higher DF setup today, bot running same wing levels.

What is the weather forecast for tomorrow?

And the Merc show runs on LOL

We had one of the best race pace sims as well so there is things to be optimistic for. Even Carlos who will be disappointed to miss out on Q3 will have free tyre choice and a competitive race setup

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Not really. Ferrari used higher DF setup today, bot running same wing levels.
    We will se that tomorrow. 4 last was Ferrari engines, Carlos P11 and Charles P4. Dont you think it is strange that "big step forward Ferrari engine" has so bad performance?
    Okey, Haas has 2 rookies, lets forget Haas, but Alfa Romeo, and Carlos.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    I feel that this is just Hamilton magic. RedBull definitely look better than Mercedes IMO. Verstappen was just 0.1 s off pole despite a fairly huge mistake. At this point, we're seeing more of Hamilton's show more than we are seeing Mercedes'...

I have been trying not to say anything bad about Latifi and why he is in F1,..... and he was ahead both Alfas today.

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    I feel that this is just Hamilton magic. RedBull definitely look better than Mercedes IMO. Verstappen was just 0.1 s off pole despite a fairly huge mistake. At this point, we're seeing more of Hamilton's show more than we are seeing Mercedes'...
    Lewis had 2 RedBulls behind him. This track is hard to overtake...especially with the top 5 drivers so pit strategy will be EXTREMELY important.

IF it rains......then it's a toss up but the top 3 drivers are excellent in the rain.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Yup, only this year all the ham fanboys can say “Reb Bull was the faster car, Hamilton is the goat”. Meanwhile, Mercedes is still the engine and package to beat. I don’t buy any of these stories that Merc put out to pump Hamilton’s ego and make the fans think there is a challenge this year.

Monster lap from Charles, looking forward to the race tomorrow!
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Yup, only this year all the ham fanboys can say “Reb Bull was the faster car, Hamilton is the goat”. Meanwhile, Mercedes is still the engine and package to beat. I don’t buy any of these stories that Merc put out to pump Hamilton’s ego and make the fans think there is a challenge this year.

Monster lap from Charles, looking forward to the race tomorrow!
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Apart from the typo I made with Leclerc's lap time (it's 1:14.740 instead of 1:14.470) everything is fine, and real.

Leclerc-Ferrari was one of the fastest combo in sector 2 and 3, we gave away time in the first sector but made time in the second and last sector. Also Ferrari have ditched the spoon RW and have gone for high DF RW, so they have lost some speed because of it.
    Well ,still the best sectors add up 1:14:603. Is this his best sectors or his best lap sectors? And what about the others?? Norris for example had a very good S2.
    Dont get me wrong ,i like what i see, just want to know if its right ??
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Well ,still the best sectors add up 1:14:603. Is this his best sectors or his best lap sectors? And what about the others?? Norris for example had a very good S2.
    Dont get me wrong ,i like what i see, just want to know if its right ??
    It's right. Leclerc did his best sector 1 and 2 during his final Q3 lap, but his sector 3 was a tenth slower than his previous personal best. 1:14.603 is his ultimate lap time. (combination of all three best sectors)

Norris was the fastest driver in sector 1 all throughout the qualifying. The purple you saw from Norris during the final Q3 run was beaten by Leclerc, then by the Red Bulls. Leclerc was one of the fastest driver in both sector 2 and 3 throughout the qualifying.

I'm sure Perez will be in P1 by the first corner. Also Leclerc long pace is quite good. Let's hope for P3 ;)
    Last edited by Keyser Soze; 17th April 2021 at 16:22.

Verstappen hasn’t been out-qualified since 2018. He may get desperate and aggressive at the start. Let’s hope he aims for Hamilton and not Charles.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Bravo Charles, but sorry it didn't work so well for Carlos. If it's wet, having free tyre choice won't count for much from P11. Encouraging signs from the team, but any pit-stops will have to be fast and error-free. Shame the Alfas couldn't benefit from the 2021 ICE's power upgrade, GIO's final Q1 lap was written off by Mazepin's overtake, apparently, so GIO couldn't make the line to start his attempt. Both Kimi and Gio's FP times don't tally with their quali times, sadly. Hoping for a clean and preferably dry race.

Charles : Let’s wait and see whether it might be took a small compromise for the race tomorrow, that made it a bit more difficult in quali but will help us in the race tomorrow

onboard Q3
    https://streamable.com/zosy1o

Post-qualifying team radio of Charles : " I am disappointed at the chicane but I think I only lost one and half tenths there. Apart from that, the lap was very very good. P4, I couldn‘t have done better. Good job guys."
    Last edited by Rob; 17th April 2021 at 17:10.

So he has more pace that he showed...

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    So he has more pace that he showed...
    probably a bit more as he says,like 1 - 1,5 tenths. Its a very very good lap and preety close to the top.The only thing that overshadows it a bit ,is Norris lap !!! Its very close but still that makes us 4th fastest team .
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I think its fair to say that all drivers had more in the bag...
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    probably a bit more as he says,like 1 - 1,5 tenths. Its a very very good lap and preety close to the top.The only thing that overshadows it a bit ,is Norris lap !!! Its very close but still that makes us 4th fastest team .
    It's going to be a close fight for 3rd fastest team, but Charles even says we made a compromise to be more competitive in the race. Which makes sense because Charles' race simulations were very good and we should be more competitive here than in Bahrain. And you didn't factor in Norris cutting track limits, which allows you to carry more speed and easily adds 1-2 tenths.

I don't think we are the 4th fastest team, I think Ferrari is the 3rd fastest, atleast in the hands of Charles.

It's crazy close. In normal seasons 3 tenths off pole would be good enough for 2nd place in quali. Race should be fun. Hopefully the race pace shown yesterday was real and we can take a good care of the tyres. Looking forward to this :)

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Random question guys,

Does anyone know a link to some italian radio that commentates on races live?

I have F1TV, but I have absolutely had enough of the Sky TV crew.

I used to find video streams online of the race and would use Sky Italia if I could find one and it was great even though I don't understand all of it, I understand as much as I need to really. It's not like Sky adds much value, they're wrong 80% of the time. Finding those streams can be questionable so I got F1TV. I like F1Tv it has some cool things for watching the races live, I just wish they had other options for the main broadcast.

Last year we were 1.1 second behind Hamilton and he was comfort and not pushing at all. This year we are 0.3 sec and 4th place(not by fate)

Yeah, well give or take some circuits might suit us better than others, it's in our best that we gain max points on those circuits that favor our car and Charles!
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

An exciting qualifying to the Pirelli Gran Premio Del Made In Italy E Dell'emilia Romagna 2021..... seriously who chose that name?

Well some things don't seem to change. Bottas has looked on form all weekend and fails when in Q3 when it counts. Meanwhile Hamilton steps up his game when it matters and grabs yet another pole.

Sergio Perez showing why he was the only real choice as the second driver at Red Bull Racing. Nice to see a P2 out of him, and with him starting on soft tires, hopefully he gets a good start and gives Hamilton problems. Though being on the soft tires, it is unlikely he will have the correct strategy to win the race tomorrow.

Max Verstappen probably would have been on pole position without his turn 3 mistake, but credit a guy that pushes to the limit every time. Starting 3rd on medium tires is still a good position to be in

Charles Leclerc always seems to be put in performances beyond what anyone expects out of the Ferrari. Sainz really didn't do that badly, it's just the times were that close and a few tenths can make all the difference.

AlphaTauri seem to be really strong over a single lap. Of course a lot should be expected from them with all the testing they've done at Imola, but the car looks fast. Hopefully their race pace is better than it was in Bahrain. Yuki really threw away a great opportunity with his massive crash. It will be fun to watch him attack the field tomorrow though.

We all were out of our seats cheering for Lando. Purple S1, Purple S2... P2...... then deleted. Track limits are the same for everyone and he takes full responsibility. A fair ruling, but what a lap it was. Meanwhile Ricciardo has not looked very good this weekend and I honestly don't expect a lot from him in the race.

People often forget that Ocon is a very fast driver. He only got pulled out of Racing Point so Daddy Stroll could let his son have a seat. A deserving top 10. As for Alonso, doesn't look on his typical form. Not that quick, several mistakes. However, in the race Alonso will always get the most he can achieve.

Aston Martin looking better in qualifying than in Bahrain. Vettel continues to disappoint unfortunately. Perhaps a few good results can get him back on track.

Williams did great. Both cars in Q2 and setting fast times on medium tires. Very impressive. Also tip a hat to Latifi. Sure he still got out qualified by Russell, but he put in several good laps.

Alfa Romeo are kind of where we would expect. Kimi Raikkonen seems to perform better on these old school tracks, qualifying ahead of his teammate.

Haas should be dead last every weekend and the only excitement is to see if Mick is the faster driver, and if Mazepin spins out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    Random question guys,

Does anyone know a link to some italian radio that commentates on races live?

I have F1TV, but I have absolutely had enough of the Sky TV crew.

I used to find video streams online of the race and would use Sky Italia if I could find one and it was great even though I don't understand all of it, I understand as much as I need to really. It's not like Sky adds much value, they're wrong 80% of the time. Finding those streams can be questionable so I got F1TV. I like F1Tv it has some cool things for watching the races live, I just wish they had other options for the main broadcast.
    You can choose the language of the app and will change who is covering the race! For example I had Portuguese and the commentary was in PT-BR!

Quote Originally Posted by arib View Post
    You can choose the language of the app and will change who is covering the race! For example I had Portuguese and the commentary was in PT-BR!
    Really?

I didn't know that, I run it through Kodi on my TV, but I'll get my laptop out and play around with it for the race tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    I won’t give Two-Chains that much credit. The car is still the class of the field.