Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 420

Thread: 2021 Spanish Grand Prix - Catalunya, May 07 - 09

  1. #151
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kiato-Greece
    Posts
    3,000
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Leclerc....I don't know what else I can say. This guy just pulls out the magic lap race after race. Leclerc is a generational talent, come on Ferrari, give this kid the car he deserves. He'll obliterate the field.

    Well done to Sainz. Having two young and reliable drivers is Ferrari's biggest strength.
    The only thing that I agree 110% with Binotto. It's the 1st time after SO many years that we have 2 drivers to rely on!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    6,822
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    please....now your being facetious.
    Am I? I'm comparing last year's car with this year because this year's car is based on last year's car.....like every other 2021 F1 cars. So it's a sensible comparison.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    8,481
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Am I? I'm comparing last year's car with this year because this year's car is based on last year's car.....like every other 2021 F1 cars. So it's a sensible comparison.
    OMG!!!! Really!!!! Even after the pandemic and the FIA putting a 2nd fuel flow sensor hampering Ferrari's performance. If that's your basis, then go right ahead but the results are going to be "overwhelming." One can even say," What great performance we've had this year over last year!!!!"....which is true but undermining the real truth as to why that is.

    Give me a break.

    Try comparing the overall race pace of 2019, 2018, and 2017 to 2021 against Mercedes. How did Ferrari do in those years compared to Mercedes?? Was Ferrari a minute behind during the race?? IF NOT, then why is'nt Ferrari using that engine???
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    8,481
    Charles Leclerc: Yeah.. happy with today. I don't think there was much more we could do in terms of position. In terms of time maybe a bit more in the last sector I didn't manage to put everything together but apart from that very satisfied today.

    Leclerc: Anything is possible, but realistically it's going to be very difficult. In normal conditions I don't think we can keep that third place in case we get there at one point.

    Leclerc: The goal is to extract the maximum from the car and if that is third is the best we can do then it's third. We need to try and take as much points as possible.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    6,822
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    OMG!!!! Really!!!! Even after the pandemic and the FIA putting a 2nd fuel flow sensor hampering Ferrari's performance. If that's your basis, then go right ahead but the results are going to be "overwhelming." One can even say," What great performance we've had this year over last year!!!!"....which is true but undermining the real truth as to why that is.

    Give me a break.

    Try comparing the overall race pace of 2019, 2018, and 2017 to 2021 against Mercedes. How did Ferrari do in those years compared to Mercedes?? Was Ferrari a minute behind during the race?? IF NOT, then why is'nt Ferrari using that engine???
    Calm down and got outside to cool your head off.

    I will repeat again, this year's car is based on last year's car. And it's not just Ferrari, everyone else designed their current car based on their last year's car. The token system and 2022 rules meant that designing a brand new car and pour resource into it simply not going to worth it.

    2017-2018 cars are aerodynamically different. Have you already forgotten the FW rule of 2019 and this year's rule regarding the floor? And in case if you're still hellbent on comparing this year's car with cars from 17 or 18, then why not compare it with the F2004 as well when you're at it.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    8,481
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Calm down and got outside to cool your head off.

    I will repeat again, this year's car is based on last year's car. And it's not just Ferrari, everyone else designed their current car based on their last year's car. The token system and 2022 rules meant that designing a brand new car and pour resource into it simply not going to worth it. .
    Yes, but the other teams were'nt hampered like Ferrari due to the pandemic in Italy and an FIA regulation sensor that hampered the other teams performance.

    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    2017-2018 cars are aerodynamically different. Have you already forgotten the FW rule of 2019 and this year's rule regarding the floor? And in case if you're still hellbent on comparing this year's car with cars from 17 or 18, then why not compare it with the F2004 as well when you're at it.
    Mclaren and Redbull have move forward due to the engine....regardless of the floor rule. Alpine, aka Renault, have look to move forward as well regardless of the floor rule. So to me, when comparing 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2021, Mclaren, Redbull and possibly Renault have made advances in the PU dept......except for Ferrari.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    6,822
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Yes, but the other teams were'nt hampered like Ferrari due to the pandemic in Italy and an FIA regulation sensor that hampered the other teams performance.
    I don't get your arguments. I know what happened in Italy and how it affected Ferrari. All I said that Ferrari made a huge improvement this year. In case it's still not clear, I was praising Ferrari's effort.

    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Mclaren and Redbull have move forward due to the engine....regardless of the floor rule. Alpine, aka Renault, have look to move forward as well regardless of the floor rule. So to me, when comparing 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2021, Mclaren, Redbull and possibly Renault have made advances in the PU dept......except for Ferrari.
    Mclaren and Red Bull don't make engines. And this year's Ferrari engine is at worst, 15 HP less than the Merc and Honda. Which is another huge improvement from Ferrari. And speaking of moving forward, Ferrari made the biggest jump interms of performance.

    This year's car SF21 and last year's SF1000 both share the same monocoque. So when comparing performance, I'm always going to compare current car with last year's car. Comparing it with 2017-2018 cars or comparing this year's engine with 2018-2019 Ferrari engine is entirely meaningless and akin to comparing RTX 3080 with GTX 1660.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    481
    What I know is that we are 0.8 behind pole.
    Which sounds more reasonable than the previous 3 races.
    Let's hope for a podium, nor possible, but you never know

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    8,481
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    I don't get your arguments. I know what happened in Italy and how it affected Ferrari. All I said that Ferrari made a huge improvement this year. In case it's still not clear, I was praising Ferrari's effort.



    Mclaren and Red Bull don't make engines. And this year's Ferrari engine is at worst, 15 HP less than the Merc and Honda. Which is another huge improvement from Ferrari. And speaking of moving forward, Ferrari made the biggest jump interms of performance.

    This year's car SF21 and last year's SF1000 both share the same monocoque. So when comparing performance, I'm always going to compare current car with last year's car. Comparing it with 2017-2018 cars or comparing this year's engine with 2018-2019 Ferrari engine is entirely meaningless and akin to comparing RTX 3080 with GTX 1660.
    Unbelievable. I don't get this logic at all.

    Ferrari is ending this era worse than they started. I mean, you go from being 2nd place in the WCC rankings for so many years to dropping 6th place in 2020 and possibly 3rd but a more comfortable 4th in 2021.....provided Alpine does'nt up their game.

    Mclaren and RedBull don't make their own engines, that we all know but Mclaren is currently beating Ferrari in the WCC rankings with less staff and a far less budget than Ferrari. RedBull and Mclaren have stepped their game and ending the era higher than Ferrari.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    961
    There is a chance to stay in fourth and actually maybe even pull away considering I believe Ocon overachieved today. Then, both Norris and Pérez will be stuck in traffic in a sense. The latter could definitely be a threat later on but with a clean start and a decent journey to the flag I believe keeping P4/P6 or maybe P7 for Carlos should be quite realistic. Hopefully something happens ahead (please make it #44) so a gift podium could be had.

    What I'm disappointed with is that we should be within 0.5 s of pole on this very track. Hugely discouraging.

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    4,258
    Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    100? yuck. Attachment 7807
    Quite so, but Charles will one day replace him as the leader of the pack, if there's any justice. Ferrari had better get their finger out. P4 and P6 for our boys is a good showing but our lack of straight-line speed and tyre wear are worrying, we'll see. A podium isn't impossible.

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,761
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Unbelievable. I don't get this logic at all.

    Ferrari is ending this era worse than they started. I mean, you go from being 2nd place in the WCC rankings for so many years to dropping 6th place in 2020 and possibly 3rd but a more comfortable 4th in 2021.....provided Alpine does'nt up their game.

    Mclaren and RedBull don't make their own engines, that we all know but Mclaren is currently beating Ferrari in the WCC rankings with less staff and a far less budget than Ferrari. RedBull and Mclaren have stepped their game and ending the era higher than Ferrari.
    My suggestion leave the discussion because we don’t get his logics & even if we do so he calls us as an Anti-Ferrari etc based on my experience & couple of others as well.

    Let’s see how the race shapes up tomorrow.

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    6,822
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Unbelievable. I don't get this logic at all.

    Ferrari is ending this era worse than they started. I mean, you go from being 2nd place in the WCC rankings for so many years to dropping 6th place in 2020 and possibly 3rd but a more comfortable 4th in 2021.....provided Alpine does'nt up their game.

    Mclaren and RedBull don't make their own engines, that we all know but Mclaren is currently beating Ferrari in the WCC rankings with less staff and a far less budget than Ferrari. RedBull and Mclaren have stepped their game and ending the era higher than Ferrari.
    Logic??? I was talking about today's Spanish GP qualifying and how big of an improvement Ferrari made this year compared to last year.
    Bringing up 2017 or whatever is entirely pointless.
    Everyone apart Mercedes are losers in this era. But Ferrari got real close. Too bad our then lineup and our "star" driver was absolutely mediocre against someone like Hamilton.

    If you're not happy Ferrari's improvement this year then don't be. But bringing up 2017 or whatever year in Spain 2021 qualifying discussion is meaningless. You're better than the likes of Chinmay or the Nani guy so don't derail this thread with off-topic discussion.

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    452
    This is what called mismanagement
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Unbelievable. I don't get this logic at all.

    Ferrari is ending this era worse than they started. I mean, you go from being 2nd place in the WCC rankings for so many years to dropping 6th place in 2020 and possibly 3rd but a more comfortable 4th in 2021.....provided Alpine does'nt up their game.

    Mclaren and RedBull don't make their own engines, that we all know but Mclaren is currently beating Ferrari in the WCC rankings with less staff and a far less budget than Ferrari. RedBull and Mclaren have stepped their game and ending the era higher than Ferrari.

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,761
    Quote Originally Posted by paneristi View Post
    This is what called mismanagement
    I would also call politics

  16. #166
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    6,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    There is a chance to stay in fourth and actually maybe even pull away considering I believe Ocon overachieved today. Then, both Norris and Pérez will be stuck in traffic in a sense. The latter could definitely be a threat later on but with a clean start and a decent journey to the flag I believe keeping P4/P6 or maybe P7 for Carlos should be quite realistic. Hopefully something happens ahead (please make it #44) so a gift podium could be had.

    What I'm disappointed with is that we should be within 0.5 s of pole on this very track. Hugely discouraging.
    We're 5 tenths away though, our absolute best lap is 1:17.282. On his final Q3 lap, Leclerc didn't do personal best final sector. In team radio he also admitted the mistake. The fact is, we're lot closer here than last year (Leclerc was 1.5 seconds away from pole). Just compare our previous years sector 3 times with this year's.

    Strategy will be the key tomorrow. Undercut is way stronger here than overcut. Going long is quite meaningless if either Lec/Sai gets stuck behind traffic with new tyres. Ferrari shouldn't allow Alpine/Mclaren to undercut during the pitstops and gain track position.

  17. #167
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    1,502
    Ferrari have done a mighty job considering all the set backs that they have had its been a real hybrid roller-coaster.From viruses, fia sanction, internal espionage,Internal politics, and other top teams meddling in Ferrari affairs its a miricle they are on the grid.Only a mighty organisation can take ridicule.I would love to see mercedes and redbull handed the same ridicule to see just how well they would cope and where there performance would be .Keep up the good work Ferrari for the German porknuccle era is closing fast time for a new menu.

  18. #168
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    452
    If this is not alarming to Binotto, then what is?
    Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    Wow.

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Sarajevo
    Posts
    151
    I kind see some positives in Ferrari, they look more and more like a great team, correlation form wind tunel is on point, pit stops are without mistakes, the engine is better, and aerodynamically they have made a miracle if you take in the restrictions they had

  20. #170
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    6,822
    Of course it's positive. P4 and P6 on a track that punishes a bad car, which was one of the worst track for Ferrari last year. Made huge improvements even with all the restrictions in place. But still some people can't help themselves. They have to bring up Binotto, 2017, Ferrari engine and what not even after a positive qualifying session.

  21. #171
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    29,555
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Unbelievable. I don't get this logic at all.

    Ferrari is ending this era worse than they started. I mean, you go from being 2nd place in the WCC rankings for so many years to dropping 6th place in 2020 and possibly 3rd but a more comfortable 4th in 2021.....provided Alpine does'nt up their game.

    Mclaren and RedBull don't make their own engines, that we all know but Mclaren is currently beating Ferrari in the WCC rankings with less staff and a far less budget than Ferrari. RedBull and Mclaren have stepped their game and ending the era higher than Ferrari.
    Maybe McLaren have less staff and budget as they don't need to make and develop an engine? If Ferrari bought a Merc engine then we too could have less staff and budget, so not sure your point is really well thought out as usual.
    Forza Ferrari

  22. #172
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,116
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    OMG!!!! Really!!!! Even after the pandemic and the FIA putting a 2nd fuel flow sensor hampering Ferrari's performance. If that's your basis, then go right ahead but the results are going to be "overwhelming." One can even say," What great performance we've had this year over last year!!!!"....which is true but undermining the real truth as to why that is.

    Give me a break.

    Try comparing the overall race pace of 2019, 2018, and 2017 to 2021 against Mercedes. How did Ferrari do in those years compared to Mercedes?? Was Ferrari a minute behind during the race?? IF NOT, then why is'nt Ferrari using that engine???
    I think the point is, if we made such improvement since last year while only being able to make small changes, imagine what we can do next year. Next year the top spots will definitely be within reach. Just continue the chassis developments (get the rule change right) and bring about 40-50bhp.

  23. #173
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,116
    Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Ferrari have done a mighty job considering all the set backs that they have had its been a real hybrid roller-coaster.From viruses, fia sanction, internal espionage,Internal politics, and other top teams meddling in Ferrari affairs its a miricle they are on the grid.Only a mighty organisation can take ridicule.I would love to see mercedes and redbull handed the same ridicule to see just how well they would cope and where there performance would be .Keep up the good work Ferrari for the German porknuccle era is closing fast time for a new menu.
    i hope you're right and this puppet show ends. What a great face for the sport would it be to have Charles consistently winning in a Ferrari. A good looking boy in a good looking car.

    I've said this before but I think we have the best looking two drivers in history.

  24. #174
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    I think the point is, if we made such improvement since last year while only being able to make small changes, imagine what we can do next year. Next year the top spots will definitely be within reach. Just continue the chassis developments (get the rule change right) and bring about 40-50bhp.
    We were in reach to Merc during 2017 & 2018, DNFs/ in season development/driver inconsistency/strategy errors cost us. Ferrari didn’t carry the same momentum in 2019 & from there graph is coming down.

    Yes I agree next year we have a good shot if merc vs RB continues like this till this end of the season.
    It’s just a hope.

  25. #175
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    8,481
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    I think the point is, if we made such improvement since last year while only being able to make small changes, imagine what we can do next year. Next year the top spots will definitely be within reach. Just continue the chassis developments (get the rule change right) and bring about 40-50bhp.
    LOL......Ferrari have had years to develop the PU and has yet to catch up to Mercedes.

    That's the "hope rule"--> let's HOPE next year...........and next year.......and next year. Just keep on hoping I guess.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  26. #176
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,761
    considering where are we in 2015/2017/2018 we were the one who consistently fought against Mercs to now being at 4th/5th/6th or finishing out of points seems to be a good improvement for them. Seriously
    When a driver makes a mistake oh man remove him, when the team principal isn’t able to deliver the team results giving disaster results year by year oh no it’s not his mistake. Good logics

  27. #177
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kiato-Greece
    Posts
    3,000
    Schermata-2021-05-08-alle-18.09.26-1024x394.jpg
    So, both our drivers had more !!!! Starting to look more descent !!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

  28. #178
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    8,678
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Las year we were 1.5 seconds off the pace. This year it's 0.7 seconds. And if we compare ultimate pace, only 5 tenths away. Huge improvement, while still lacking that extra engine horse power.
    Only if we had 15-20 extra ponies....we’d be up there fighting for pole with Merc and red bull......ONLY IF

  29. #179
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    8,481
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Maybe McLaren have less staff and budget as they don't need to make and develop an engine? If Ferrari bought a Merc engine then we too could have less staff and budget, so not sure your point is really well thought out as usual.
    WOW.....that's an eye-opening statement!!!!! It never dawned on me...............No kidding Sherlock.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  30. #180
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    29,555
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    WOW.....that's an eye-opening statement!!!!! It never dawned on me...............No kidding Sherlock.
    You are the one using it as something against Ferrari though, maybe think before you post your next attack on the team.
    Forza Ferrari

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •