Page 1 of 14 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 420

Thread: 2021 Spanish Grand Prix - Catalunya, May 07 - 09

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    482

    2021 Spanish Grand Prix - Catalunya, May 07 - 09

    Let's start...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    482
    My main concerns this week
    1. Will we use the new floor and if not why not.
    2. Will they be able to grab 2 positions in the race between 3-6?

    This race will reflect the true pace of Ferrari.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    8,678
    according to motorsport.it, in Spain Ferrari will introduce a new diffuser and a different setup of the rear suspension to try to reduce the wear of the tyres, that was the big problem in Portimao race.

    we'll see if it's actually true and if will help us with tire wear....as we're chewing through them like bubble gum......

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    8,491
    No sense in comparing last year's times or the year before times to this year's times......T10 has changed, so it makes for a faster turn.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    162
    From ms it

    Ferrari: no modified bottom, but a different diffuser

    On the SF21 that will be seen in the Spanish GP there will be no bottom with six fins seen in free practice in Portugal. The solution is not suitable for the Catalan circuit and will be seen again on other tracks more similar to Portimao, but Ferrari will bring to Barcelona an update to the rear extractor and a different adjustment of the rear suspension in an attempt to safeguard the duration of the Pirelli tires that have gone into crisis. in the Algarve.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,512
    If all cars are still in one piece after the 1st 3 laps; " Mainly Max " then all the updates; tires; pits and so on will count. Who wins in Spain has been a big deal WDC WCC wise. Pole is not a lock on the win anymore. I'm as anxious to see Mick finish ahead of Russell as much as who ever wins the race.
    Last edited by Brembo; 6th May 2021 at 00:59.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,761
    Binotto: "We have also improved significantly in aerodynamics, but we are not yet at the level of the two top teams. Here, our hands were partly tied because of the homologation. Most of the areas were closed."

    Who agreed for Homologation isn’t he part of it?

    Binotto: "The majority of our team is already working on the 2022 car. But that doesn't mean that there are no more development steps on the 2021 car. But there is no fixed plan for the development. If we think of something, it will be done."

    So next year will see the true reflection. Hmmm waiting

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    8,678
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Binotto: "We have also improved significantly in aerodynamics, but we are not yet at the level of the two top teams. Here, our hands were partly tied because of the homologation. Most of the areas were closed."

    Who agreed for Homologation isn’t he part of it?

    Binotto: "The majority of our team is already working on the 2022 car. But that doesn't mean that there are no more development steps on the 2021 car. But there is no fixed plan for the development. If we think of something, it will be done."

    So next year will see the true reflection. Hmmm waiting
    We’ve all been waiting for Ferrari to build a rocket and dominate the grid since 2009....hasn’t happened yet...so I’m not gonna get too hyped yet for next years rules...someone will get it spot on....we’ll see

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    8,491
    Andreas Seidl confirmed to RTL that McLaren will test some new upgrades on Friday (they already brought upgrades in Portimão, which worked, now that‘s the next part).



    Helmut Marko to RTL: "Where we still lag a bit behind Mercedes is on the engine side, not on the combustion engine but in the overall package. When Mercedes charges their battery and then releases all the power, they seem to have more horsepower than we do."




    AMuS

    Where do you still see weaknesses?

    Binotto: "We still lack a bit of engine power, although we have made very good progress there. Both in qualifying and in the race. That can make us vulnerable in a battle in the race."
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    England
    Posts
    274
    So theres a news story saying the new floor tested last Friday will not be used in Spain. They will try a high of rear wing with a view to using it in the next race in Monaco plus they have some rear suspension set up changes to reduce the 3ccessive tyre wear they have suffered from this season.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA!
    Posts
    2,270
    We all know how it will turn out, but I'm hoping for a repeat of 2016. Mercs take each other out, Fish-Lips wins, Lando and Charles on the podium.

    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    We’ve all been waiting for Ferrari to build a rocket and dominate the grid since 2009....hasn’t happened yet...so I’m not gonna get too hyped yet for next years rules...someone will get it spot on....we’ll see
    The chances of that someone being Ferrari are slim to none, unfortunately.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    8,678
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    We all know how it will turn out, but I'm hoping for a repeat of 2016. Mercs take each other out, Fish-Lips wins, Lando and Charles on the podium.



    The chances of that someone being Ferrari are slim to none, unfortunately.
    never know.....maybe the rumors are gonna start going around again that Rory Byrne is working relentelelsy on the new reg car.....then again so is Newey....and he gets things right more often then not

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    1,502
    Binotto should say we are not at the level of the top4 teams never mind the top2.Hard work binotto and be consistent with the work and the personel at ferrari this paves the way to success.As was once said perfect practice makes perfect.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,857
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    never know.....maybe the rumors are gonna start going around again that Rory Byrne is working relentelelsy on the new reg car.....then again so is Newey....and he gets things right more often then not
    He didn't in 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    482
    Do they have a new diffuser?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    42
    Not bad with M tyres on FP1.
    Let's see our performance with Softs.
    Last edited by Keyser Soze; 7th May 2021 at 10:55.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    6,830
    Last edited by tifosi1993; 7th May 2021 at 11:11.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    42

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA!
    Posts
    2,270
    Remember when by the time FP1 ended there would have been like 7 pages of comments on this type of thread?

    Sad.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    England
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Remember when by the time FP1 ended there would have been like 7 pages of comments on this type of thread?

    Sad.
    Worse as most the world are working from home so traffic should be up.

    FP1 was promising laptime wise on Mediums. Still Merc engines take a step up by Saturday so McLaren and Merc will be much faster tomorrow.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    6,830
    Long run: Sainz very steady on softs, Leclerc's looking very quick.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA!
    Posts
    2,270
    I feel so sorry for Charles... so much talent, such a waste.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Sarajevo
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    I feel so sorry for Charles... so much talent, such a waste.
    He will be our and Ferraris champion

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    162
    Leclerc With Soft
    1.22:953
    1.23.508

    Leclerc With Medium
    1:23:532
    1:23:626
    1:23:057
    1:23:330
    1:23:574
    1:24:317

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    162
    Both Mercedes with Mediums

    1.22.700-1.23.000

    Both Redbull with Softs

    1.23.500~

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    13,023
    I know it is only Friday, but it is nice to see CL on 3rd spot with only +0.165

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    6,830
    Last edited by tifosi1993; 7th May 2021 at 15:13.

  28. #28
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kiato-Greece
    Posts
    3,001
    are we good at S3 after SO many years ???!!!!! I'll wait for Q and the race to confirm it ,but if its true ,it will be like a small miracle for us !!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    162


    Not sure about if we run on little bit lower fuel but pace look good.

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    are we good at S3 after SO many years ???!!!!! I'll wait for Q and the race to confirm it ,but if its true ,it will be like a small miracle for us !!!
    Yeah Finally!!! We always lose time at Sector 3 of Spain and Hungary.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •