Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021
Results 601 to 612 of 612

Thread: 2021 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, May 20 - 23

  1. #601
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,521
    Quote Originally Posted by impactX View Post
    You can be sure that they don’t have that mindset. Updating the procedures? What a joke. It is just pure laziness and incompetence.

    Edit: To elaborate further, what was shown was a mentality of staff being told what to do and they would not doing anything extra. Likely a sign of how unstable the organization is to have staff not wanting to go the extra mile (do everything according to a manual written by the clown, then no one can get in any trouble).
    I believe that's why Toto welcomes Sir Lewis' input, both positive comments and negative towards the team results each race. Who can be more informed on the car in general after each race more than the driver? Sir Lewis can just as well keep quiet and take his pay . Merc results speak loud and clear; driver input helps. Lewis had nothing but praise for the team after Bahrain and Spain. Charles and Carlos need to give Binotto a run for the money as far as input for the current year. A pole no less !
    Last edited by Brembo; 25th May 2021 at 23:45.

  2. #602
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,521
    WE Ferrari fans need to have faith in our team now! Merc is out of 1st! They can't even change a tire !

  3. #603
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,859
    Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    This would not happen at Redbull or mercedes ferrari have to stop there layback casual approach and stop acting as if nothing big has happened.What has happened is massive charles deserves better very very ordinary indeed.There should be consequences no doubt.Lewis does not podium and he demands a full and proper investigation the way it should be, they are drivers that want to win its in there DNA.Slack ferrari cost charles and the team big points.
    Merc were the team that couldn't change a wheel and brought their 7x champ in too early. It's easy to make mistakes when you aren't the quickest on the track and have to work for wins.

  4. #604
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    2,826
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I believe that's why Toto welcomes Sir Lewis' input, both positive comments and negative towards the team results each race. Who can be more informed on the car in general after each race more than the driver? Sir Lewis can just as well keep quiet and take his pay . Merc results speak loud and clear; driver input helps. Lewis had nothing but praise for the team after Bahrain and Spain. Charles and Carlos need to give Binotto a run for the money as far as input for the current year. A pole no less !
    Not every input is a good input.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  5. #605
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    2,826
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Merc were the team that couldn't change a wheel and brought their 7x champ in too early. It's easy to make mistakes when you aren't the quickest on the track and have to work for wins.
    Also, to add to this, a team that has been complacent because they're used to win way too easily, is prompt to make mistakes when under pressure.
    Monaco made this way too evident for Mercedes.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  6. #606
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,506
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Merc were the team that couldn't change a wheel and brought their 7x champ in too early. It's easy to make mistakes when you aren't the quickest on the track and have to work for wins.
    Absolutely. A team that has to push to 100% is far more likely to make mistakes. Same as a driver. Mercedes and Lewis has had it far too easy for 7+ years.

    In 2002 when Ferrari had a dominant car, the team and Michael made virtually no mistakes.
    In 2004 the first time Ferrari had to push, and Michael crashes into Montoya in the Monaco tunnel.

  7. #607
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    8,679
    Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Absolutely. A team that has to push to 100% is far more likely to make mistakes. Same as a driver. Mercedes and Lewis has had it far too easy for 7+ years.

    In 2002 when Ferrari had a dominant car, the team and Michael made virtually no mistakes.
    In 2004 the first time Ferrari had to push, and Michael crashes into Montoya in the Monaco tunnel.
    i thought the F2004 was the dominant one....as they couldn't even believe from winter testing how quick that car was.....
    So the SF1000 proved to be a DUD....let's hope the SF21 will be much better then its predecessor.

  8. #608
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,506
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    i thought the F2004 was the dominant one....as they couldn't even believe from winter testing how quick that car was.....
    statistically speaking 2002 was even more dominant. Schumacher finished on the podium every single race.

  9. #609
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    India
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Absolutely. A team that has to push to 100% is far more likely to make mistakes. Same as a driver. Mercedes and Lewis has had it far too easy for 7+ years.

    In 2002 when Ferrari had a dominant car, the team and Michael made virtually no mistakes.
    In 2004 the first time Ferrari had to push, and Michael crashes into Montoya in the Monaco tunnel.
    A correction to your statement; it was Montoya who crashed into MSC, not the other way around. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtzyI5fbiAc )

    Also, 2003 and 2006 were years where MSC made mistakes.

  10. #610
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,506
    Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    A correction to your statement; it was Montoya who crashed into MSC, not the other way around. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtzyI5fbiAc )

    Also, 2003 and 2006 were years where MSC made mistakes.
    Thank you. I always felt Michael shouldn't have braked so hard, but technically yes Montoya crashed into him.

    2003 and 2006 MSC had to push to the limit every race and thus mistakes were made. Hakkinen made mistakes in a close championship, so did Lewis, so did Alonso.

  11. #611
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    India
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Thank you. I always felt Michael shouldn't have braked so hard, but technically yes Montoya crashed into him.

    2003 and 2006 MSC had to push to the limit every race and thus mistakes were made. Hakkinen made mistakes in a close championship, so did Lewis, so did Alonso.
    Yep.

  12. #612
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,521
    Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    statistically speaking 2002 was even more dominant. Schumacher finished on the podium every single race.
    Including Austria!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •