Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Styrian GP 2021: Race

Well done Max

Good drive by our boys, we had some good race pace.
    Forza Ferrari

Well done to our boys. Charles had so much pace today. If not for Gasly's boneheaded move at the opening lap when he pushed Charles off track and gave him a FW damage, Leclerc would've easily finished P5.

Sainz was mighty solid during the first stint. We had pace advantage over our nearest rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by gump1480 View Post
    I dont understand the flak Leclerc is getting by Brundle and Crofty for Gasly's puncture !!
    Where was Leclerc supposed to go?
    It was 100% a mistake by Charles

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Well done to our boys. Charles had so much pace today. If not for Gasly's boneheaded move at the opening lap when he pushed Charles off track and gave him a FW damage, Leclerc would've easily finished P5.

Sainz was mighty solid during the first stint. We had pace advantage over our nearest rivals.
    Charles fault against Gasly,
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by gump1480 View Post
    I dont understand the flak Leclerc is getting by Brundle and Crofty for Gasly's puncture !!
    Where was Leclerc supposed to go?
    It's way better to mute them and then watch the race. They don't say anything noteworthy, nor you'd be missing anything worthwhile.

Good drive by Ferrari.

Well done Max....perfect drive.

We are clearly 3rd fastest Team in here. Lets hope we can get 5-6th position next week.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Charles fault against Gasly,
    No it wasn't. Gasly pushed Leclerc off track. Gasly was bit of a **** and got what he deserved.

We have today very good race peace for next week with softer tires Ferrari can be even better..

This should be our mindset from now on. Focus fully on tyre preservation and race pace and forget one lap pace.

No it wasn't. Gasly pushed Leclerc off track. Gasly was bit of a **** and got what he deserved.
    His car was screwed up. You could see in the replay the steering angle didn't match the direction he was going. He was trying not to hit anyone.

Charles Leclerc Starts And Contacts Gasly (Gasly Puncture) Styrian GP F1 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaw0FLg-15s

Charles DoD.....absolute.

The team was also excellent, the strategy shift after Charles early pitstop was excellent… although the result is not mega I think this race is a good step on the right direction

Good points but both cars lapped I mean I can't be happy with that in mind...

Leclerc didn't have to run on softs today so I think Norris would've had him covered.

Doubt there were any more points on the line but Binotto was obviously full of crap when he suggested the engine wouldn't be the worst on the grid. How typical. The car is good but the engine is like horse with carriage.

Good result for us considering Leclercs early incident and quali performance

Great race pace. Rather qualify 7th and back to be better on Sunday. May have put to much on quali earlier 8n the season only to fall back in the race. Much nicer feeling to have great speed on a Sunday.

Notice how Mercs next issue is going to be with Red Bulls 2nd engine, they are laying the ground already with that idiot driver of theirs whinging about how much they are losing on the straight, great to see him demoralised and being given a good kicking by one of the new faster generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post

Leclerc didn't have to run on softs today so I think Norris would've had him covered.

Doubt there were any more points on the line but Binotto was obviously full of crap when he suggested the engine wouldn't be the worst on the grid. How typical. The car is good but the engine is like horse with carriage.
    And we had a full year of testing for that engine........ I just hope 2022 will be better but I doubt it

I mean even Hamilton and Bottas at that point was ~40s behind Max in this short track (Hamilton was ~20s behind) before his second pit stop. The Max + RBR pace is just deadly at the moment. I mean, back in the 2018, the ENTIRE FIELD except the first 3 cars were getting lapped, so it's not really surprised here

I can't believe the team didn't tell Sainz to overtake Lewis much sooner. It's almost like they got the wakeup call from listening to the live commentary. Were they not paying attention???
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

How long until Mercedes issues a TD against Honda engine? Hamilton cannot stop talking about their straight line speed advantage. 2019 vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    How long until Mercedes issues a TD against Honda engine? Hamilton cannot stop talking about their straight line speed advantage. 2019 vibes.
    Wouldn’t doubt it. Can’t beat them , complain about them. That’s Hamilton’s motto.

Great race from both our drivers. Happy to see our strong race pace…forza ferrari
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Exactly. Full of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Wouldn’t doubt it. Can’t beat them , complain about them. That’s Hamilton’s motto.

Great race from both our drivers. Happy to see our strong race pace…forza ferrari
    Hamilton keeps going on and on about RB having upgraded their engine. As far as I know, no team can upgrade their engine during the season. He must be trying something.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Gap between Norris and Leclerc;

After 2nd lap is 30 seconds

End of the Race 19 seconds

Charles had to overtake 7-8 cars and lost 6-7 second behind ricciardo and raikkonen.

Lando raced with clean air %90 of the Race.

So I think Leclerc’s pace could have 20-25 second faster than norris after lap 3.

It's way better to mute them and then watch the race. They don't say anything noteworthy, nor you'd be missing anything worthwhile.
    I really miss the announcing crew of Bob Varsha, David Hobbs and Steve Matchett.

You don't know that!!!! We had a good pace and tire management in the other tires and we showed very good lap times on softs on Friday. Why to assume that Norris would definitely be better???!!!!!
    And on the engine ,we arenot the worst like last year but definitely quite behind Merc and Honda!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Updated Drivers' standings:

1. Verstappen - 156 pts
    2. Hamilton - 138 pts
    3. Perez - 96 pts
    4. Norris - 86 pts
    5. Bottas - 74 pts
    6. Leclerc - 58 pts
    7. Sainz - 50 pts
    8. Gasly - 37 pts
    9. Ricciardo - 34 pts
    10. Vettel - 30 pts

Updated Constructors' standings:

1. Red Bull - 252 pts
    2. Mercedes - 212 pts
    3. McLaren - 120 pts
    4. Ferrari - 108 pts
    5. AlphaTauri - 46 pts
    6. Aston Martin - 44 pts
    7. Alpine - 31 pts
    8. Alfa Romeo - 2 pts
    9. Williams - 0 pts
    10. Haas - 0 pts

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post

But this time he could be right. Honda has found alot of pace after introducing the "reliability" upgrade.

FIA was investigating every single Ferrari upgrade since early 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    But this time he could be right. Honda has found alot of pace after introducing the "reliability" upgrade.

FIA was investigating every single Ferrari upgrade since early 2018.

AMuS

According to Helmut Marko, the advantage will be even more evident in Spielberg.

"That's because of our turbocharger."

It is as new as the rest of the power unit. The turbocharger was developed by engineers who are responsible for aircraft engines at Honda.