Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Styrian GP 2021: Race

Great result considering our grid slots and Charles and Gasly's first lap incident, without that and Carlos getting stuck behind HAM for so long, it could have been even better. Charles voted DoD, he did some great overtakes, if a bit close at times. Just what the team needed after France and let's hope for more next week. Forza always!

No more updates for Mercs, stopped developing 2021 car...so this was the end of Mercedes dominance?

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    No more updates for Mercs, stopped developing 2021 car...so this was the end of Mercedes dominance?
    After the StyrianGP, it sure looks that way regarding the edning of Mercedes dominance.

Unfortunate for Redbull as I'm sure they would have liked for Mercedes to STILL BE IN THE FIGHT rather than throw in the towel for the 2021 season.

Mercedes can also say something to the effect of "Of course RedBull won the 2021 season as we[Mercedes] stopped development of the W12 to focus on the 2022 season"
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Red Bull can say the same then
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    No more updates for Mercs, stopped developing 2021 car... so this was the end of Mercedes dominance?
    For now?
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Charles is still a bit reckless, which is worrying considering that he's had enough seasons now to mature as a driver. Look at how much Norris has matured. I really hope Charles irons out these silly mistakes, otherwise great drive from him. He was really fast out there.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    AMuS

According to Helmut Marko, the advantage will be even more evident in Spielberg.

"That's because of our turbocharger."

It is as new as the rest of the power unit. The turbocharger was developed by engineers who are responsible for aircraft engines at Honda.
    Did Honda even lockdown?

I remember they were going to do a later lockdown. Did they?

I guess not because how else did they bring engine upgrades not just at the start of last season, but also this season.

I thought they were going to be forced to stop development to keep it "fair" with what Europe went through.

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    But this time he could be right. Honda has found alot of pace after introducing the "reliability" upgrade.

FIA was investigating every single Ferrari upgrade since early 2018.
    Renault did the same thing, suddenly their V8 was as good as the Ferrari V8, despite the engines being frozen in the V8 era.

I'm not too worked up over the first turn incident. It was 3 wide racing. And these type of things are the risk you take when you compromise on qualifying.

And you can't say things like "Max has matured", there is no comparison. One has to race 3 wide at the start of the race, the other gets to rocket away at the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    I'm not too worked up over the first turn incident. It was 3 wide racing. And these type of things are the risk you take when you compromise on qualifying.

And you can't say things like "Max has matured", there is no comparison. One has to race 3 wide at the start of the race, the other gets to rocket away at the start.
    Yeah but the wing didn't break during the turn 3 incident, it broke when he was back on track on the straight and he moved into Gasly while they were racing down the straight. That's the problem!
    Forza Ferrari

Does anyone know if Leclerc ran the softs at all in the race, and how he found them throughout the weekend? I ask because I believe this past week's softs will be next week's mediums. Is the change in compound likely to suit us or not?
    Forza Ferrari

He started on softs.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    AMuS

According to Helmut Marko, the advantage will be even more evident in Spielberg.

"That's because of our turbocharger."

It is as new as the rest of the power unit. The turbocharger was developed by engineers who are responsible for aircraft engines at Honda.
    Their turbo always has been better in tracks with altitude that's true. Also they claim their new Exxon oil combined with the reliability updates (they reduced the vibrations alot) and the new rear wing improved the performance.

Probably Lewis and Toto are looking like sore losers right now but don't forget that Marco and Horner did that for 7 years.

Honda has found unbelievable performance in just a year. They were down in power in 2020 and Mercedes brought a 20-25BHP upgrade this year.. Somehow Honda managed to surpass them and they even claim they will leave a gift for AT and Redbull before they quit the sport. That means they're confident enough that they will bring more performance for the next year.

And I'm struggling to understand how Ferrari agreed with that. Probably we're going to have the worst PU until 2025 for 'the good of the sport'..
    Last edited by Warp; 28th June 2021 at 16:54.

And I'm struggling to understand how Ferrari agreed with the that. Probably we're going to have the worst PU until 2025 for 'the good of the sport'..
    I am really afraid about that.

I don’t believe that Ferrari will have the worst power unit for 2022-2025…

Charles moving up through the pack after his first lap mishap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5RKIaOpcso

Quote Originally Posted by alfaromeo View Post
    I don’t believe that Ferrari will have the worst power unit for 2022-2025…
    Binotto, is that you?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by springfield View Post
    He started on softs.
    Okay thanks.
    Forza Ferrari

No

And I'm struggling to understand how Ferrari agreed with that. Probably we're going to have the worst PU until 2025 for 'the good of the sport'..
    Of course there is that off chance we could have a very good engine come next year.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

So like 2 days ago Wolff said that they will not bring any upgrades this season. A few hours ago James Allison said they will bring engine and chassis upgrades.. Toto was bluffing just for 2 days or Mercedes is a hot mess right now ?

So like 2 days ago Wolff said that they will not bring any upgrades this season. A few hours ago James Allison said they will bring engine and chassis upgrades.. Toto was bluffing just for 2 days or Mercedes is a hot mess right now ?
    I'm inclined to believe it's the latter.
    Forza Ferrari

By the way, is anyone going to call the FIA the Ferrari-IA for letting Charles off the hook for such a blatant error, or does that kind of thinking only apply when it's Merc and LH?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    By the way, is anyone going to call the FIA the Ferrari-IA for letting Charles off the hook for such a blatant error, or does that kind of thinking only apply when it's Merc and LH?
    Are you serious?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Are you serious?!?!?
    Oh come on, he moved sideways into Gasly on the straight.
    Forza Ferrari

Lifetime ban for him!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Lifetime ban for him!
    Lol you think the Ferrari-IA would ever do that? Never. They'd probably let him off the hook completely. Oh wait. They already did.
    Forza Ferrari

I see it that both drivers were equally guilty of moving towards each other and Gasly was forcing Leclerc to the outside when he'd only just regained the track. I do think that Charles needs to be a bit less impetuous in the first laps of the race, though. And I'm grateful that no penalty was forthcoming despite feeling sorry for Gasly.

Lol you think the Ferrari-IA would ever do that? Never. They'd probably let him off the hook completely. Oh wait. They already did.
    Yeah! There is a huge conspiracy!