Page 9 of 66 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122233459 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari F1-75 Discussion Thread

Our engine sounds wild, very beefy. I like the sound already!
    https://youtu.be/J-0iLAfboVU

1952, 1953 and 1956 were would-be constructors'-winning title seasons under the points system the thing was introduced with in 1958 so it'd be fair to add a 'virtual' treble of titles more if you want to.

Agree with you there Svedese! In 1953 we were touring Southern Europe
    while Ascari was winning everything (since the year before) in the F500.
    I was 8 years old and that is how I becane a Ferrari fan! There is no way
    I could ever support any other team. A great high for Hawthorn in '58
    followed so closely by his passimg:(
    Last edited by Liscia; 4th February 2022 at 20:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Liscia View Post
    Nice to know there are some other 'mature' tifosi on this forum, Liscia, I just missed the '50s but have been a Ferrari tifoso since 1966, our devotion will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Liscia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Nice to know there are some other 'mature' tifosi on this forum, Liscia, I just missed the '50s but have been a Ferrari tifoso since 1966, our devotion will never die!
    Respect !

Last edited by Gilles; 6th February 2022 at 14:28.

FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Well seen

Does anyone has seen any words from Leo Turrini . I cant find his blog
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Does anyone has seen any words from Leo Turrini . I cant find his blog
    Is it this one?
    https://www.quotidiano.net/blog/turrini
    Last edited by Gilles; 6th February 2022 at 18:32.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    The WDC title for drivers was started in 1950.

The WCC title for constructors was started in 1958. So, officially his "google search" (as you put it) is correct with 16 official WCC titles. Ferrari won 4 prior to 1958......so did Alfa Romeo with 2 and Mercedes wiith 3 I believe....but no body to include the history books OFFICIALLY counts any constructors wins before 1958 regarding said teams.
    Bingo. Officially there are 16 WCC. Everything else is a failure. If Greig wants to count things before they were counted he can be my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    The way I see it, 75 years of perseverence are 75 years of success.
    They don’t hand out participation trophies in real life.

Guest*

Website won’t let me edit post to correct it.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Bingo. Officially there are 16 WCC. Everything else is a failure. If Greig wants to count things before they were counted he can be my guess.

They don’t hand out participation trophies in real life.
    If you ask anyone, F1 included who is the most successful team in F1, they will tell you it's Ferrari.
    Now, you want to cry out and say Ferrari is not successful, go ahead and do that.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    If you ask anyone, F1 included who is the most successful team in F1, they will tell you it's Ferrari.
    Now, you want to cry out and say Ferrari is not successful, go ahead and do that.
    If you get the number of OFFICIAL WCC wins by ANY F1 team that has been in F1 and divide those wins by the number of years you get a percentile. The higher the percentile, the more SUCCESSFUL an F1 is and vice-a-versa...the lower the percentile, the less successful an F1 team is.

At least that's my interpretation of what SUCCESSFUL is.
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 7th February 2022 at 06:55.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Bingo. Officially there are 16 WCC. Everything else is a failure. If Greig wants to count things before they were counted he can be my guess. .

Ah so 2 WDC for Ascari are failures because there was no WCC at the time? Can also say the Fangio and Hawthorn WDC are failures as well because was no WCC....always good to double down on your own failure though...

Are you saying these WDC do not count?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post

Ah so 2 WDC for Ascari are failures because there was no WCC at the time? Can also say the Fangio and Hawthorn WDC are failures as well because was no WCC....always good to double down on your own failure though...

Are you saying these WDC do not count?
    WS6TransAm01 is discussing OFFICIAL WCC titles........that's it. If it's NOT an official WCC title, it'a a failure according to WS6TransAm01

He's not saying WDC titles don't count.

WS6TransAm01 is discussing OFFICIAL WCC titles........that's it. If it's NOT an official WCC title, it'a a failure according to WS6TransAm01

He's not saying WDC titles don't count.
    Perhaps you should read his comments again, pay attention to the bit that says 16 WCC is success everything else is a failure....

Which means he does indeed say WDC does not count.......but you don't need to defend his failure....
    Forza Ferrari

From Leo Turrini

I know they are convinced that they have reduced the power unit gap, even with bio fuel.
    But there are not openly declared (?) doubts about the “innovative” (they say) solutions adopted for aerodynamics.
    A lot of caution, but if at the first GP you are half a second above RB and Mercedes, bye mom.
    Are we starting with the doubts????!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Are we starting with the doubts????!!!!
    Inevitably, to the usual question of the relevance of the simulations is added that of the aero concept adopted. identical for all teams

Perhaps you should read his comments again, pay attention to the bit that says 16 WCC is success everything else is a failure....

Which means he does indeed say WDC does not count.......but you don't need to defend his failure....
    That's not the way I am interpreting it. He means 16 WCC titles in 75 years. Again, OFFICIAL WCC titles. Everything in those 75 years THAT ARE NOT WCC TITLES ARE A FAILURE.

That's not the way I am interpreting it. He means 16 WCC titles in 75 years. Again, OFFICIAL WCC titles. Everything in those 75 years THAT ARE NOT WCC TITLES ARE A FAILURE.
    So why are 2 WDC for Ascari for example considered failure for Ferrari? please do enlighten me....why would they be considered failure considering there WAS NO WCC to win....
    Forza Ferrari

So why are 2 WDC for Ascari for example considered failure for Ferrari? please do enlighten me....why would they be considered failure considering there WAS NO WCC to win....
    He's not talking about WDC titles......ONLY OFFICIAL WCC TITLES ONLY!!!! OFFICIAL WCC TITLES !!!! OFFICIAL WCC TITLES!!!!

He's not talking about WDC titles......ONLY OFFICIAL WCC TITLES ONLY!!!! OFFICIAL WCC TITLES !!!! OFFICIAL WCC TITLES!!!!
    Can't believe I'm getting caught up in this but..... In those years where there was no WCC, then winning the WDC makes Ferrari the champ for those years. There was nothing else to win so the goal was to win the WDC and they did that. So I think those years should be counted as a win for us and shouldn't be seen as failures.

No he said Ferrari have only had 16 years of success in 75 years, which is not true. Try and understand before you reply again.

To make it easier for you, count the years Ferrari won WCC or WDC, see if it adds up to 16...

p.s it won't.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Can't believe I'm getting caught up in this but..... In those years where there was no WCC, then winning the WDC makes Ferrari the champ for those years. There was nothing else to win so the goal was to win the WDC and they did that. So I think those years should be counted as a win for us and shouldn't be seen as failures.
    No he said Ferrari have only had 16 years of success in 75 years, which is not true. Try and understand before you reply again.

To make it easier for you, count the years Ferrari won WCC or WDC, see if it adds up to 16...

p.s it won't.
    Let's just wait and see what he meant.

I thought this topic was about our new Ferrari competition crusher. But it seems it's more about statistics on our team being successful enough. Who cares? It's Ferrari and they are doing motorracing for 75 years continuously. That's quite an achievement on its own and it's something they and the fans can be proud of. Ferrari kept Formula 1 alive. Williams and McLaren have been there for a long time as well but not as long as Ferrari. And besides if Ferrari won too many titles, nobody would watch F1 because there's no competition. We can be proud of the History and achievements from our team. And they will be successful again. And it might just be this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari312T4 View Post
    I thought this topic was about our new Ferrari competition crusher. But it seems it's more about statistics on our team being successful enough. Who cares? It's Ferrari and they are doing motorracing for 75 years continuously. That's quite an achievement on its own and it's something they and the fans can be proud of. Ferrari kept Formula 1 alive. Williams and McLaren have been there for a long time as well but not as long as Ferrari. And besides if Ferrari won too many titles, nobody would watch F1 because there's no competition. We can be proud of the History and achievements from our team. And they will be successful again. And it might just be this year.
    it's just friendly bickering while we wait for the new super car , you know to keep the thread alive. They all love Ferrari at the end of the day

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    it's just friendly bickering while we wait for the new super car , you know to keep the thread alive. They all love Ferrari at the end of the day
    +16. +55

Ferrari and Ducati will end their relationship with Philip Morris.

No more Marlboro or Mission Winnow logos.