Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Austrian GP 2021 - Race

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Different engines next year, you never know!!!!
    Ofcourse engines are different, but can we find that much horsepower to beat Honda and Mercedes next year? Surely we have made progress than last year but because of lower power baseline for Ferrari, even if we get good enough jump in HP, to say that we would be at par with Honda or Mercs would be a bit too much, IMO.

It's funny some guys are trying to say Leclerc is not driving properly LOL

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    It's ridiculous. When we have a race like Paul Ricard we deserve it. When we have races like today where you have 3 drs zones and dominated by power we have to maximise what we can and we did that. It's like people have woken up and just realised our engine power is down considerably to other teams yet still want to put them on blast. It's just disingenuous. They know we can't compete in a straight line but still moan about it.
    Not sure why some have just not accepted the position we are in and there is nothing much we can do about it, moaning about it every weekend seems strange to me. We had a decent race today considering our performance to others.
    Forza Ferrari

It's ridiculous. When we have a race like Paul Ricard we deserve it. When we have races like today where you have 3 drs zones and dominated by power we have to maximise what we can and we did that. It's like people have woken up and just realised our engine power is down considerably to other teams yet still want to put them on blast. It's just disingenuous. They know we can't compete in a straight line but still moan about it.
    Just ignore that poster. I've added him to my ignore list, you should as well. It's nothing but vitriol towards Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Exactly! But be careful, some people on here can't take this kind of honesty.
    Sainz did exactly the same thing to pass Ricciardo!

That damn orange chicane wrecked Leclerc's race. He was so lucky to get ahead in the early carnage and it just snowballed from there. At least Carlos salvaged P5 in the end but yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    Oooo ouch! You're not Primož Roglič in disguise are you? Sounds really painful and of course your confidence on the bike will be knocked a bit.
    Haha I wish, painful indeed mate. But,nothing on me 's broken and I'm walking. That's main thing. Waiting on new bits for bike that broke in fall.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Go follow your #Blessed idol in a Mercedes forum, if there is any. We don't want Hamilton fans badmouthing our drivers. Leclerc is special. He will make your idol look ordinary with the right car, as Max is doing right now.
    Leclerc is my idol actually, believe it or not. No wait. It's actually Michael Schumacher and then Charles Leclerc.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by 20000rpm View Post
    Ofcourse engines are different, but can we find that much horsepower to beat Honda and Mercedes next year? Surely we have made progress than last year but because of lower power baseline for Ferrari, even if we get good enough jump in HP, to say that we would be at par with Honda or Mercs would be a bit too much, IMO.
    I doubt that. Binotto said we'll be close to Mercedes this year and not the slowest power unit on the grid. We're even or slower compared to Renault power unit..

Sainz did exactly the same thing to pass Ricciardo!
    Sainz was already ahead before the corner entry.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by 20000rpm View Post
    Well Honda found the horsepower why can't we? They went 6 years without having a competitive engine and this year they have one.

LMAO....yeah honesty. "Black lives matter"? why don't you admit it's "only" black lives that matter to you. Show some "honesty".
    Oh dear.
    Forza Ferrari

But he set it up with the exit at the previous corner, as Charles was doing....try and pay attention.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Yeah. I will praise someone when they are doing well but no point in praising a bad job. All big teams finished infront of us after our talks about having a superb race pace, what is good about that?
    The only two teams that finished in front of us were Mercedes and RBR. Lando is the other driver who finished in front of us. You really think we can compete to Mercedes and RBR with this **** engine ????

What? He took a tighter line in to turn 3 (like you said Charles kept doing) on the last lap and passed Ricciardo into turn 4.

Well Honda found the horsepower why can't we? They went 6 years without having a competitive engine and this year they have one.
    It will take time to find that horsepower and ERS given the new engine. It won't be next year fresh out of the gates.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Greig are you going to do something about this comment or not?
    Oh...can't gasp "honesty".

As I've said, take your Leclerc bashing to Reddit/Mercedes fan forum.

Nice drive by Carlos, and Charles had a bit off day, but does not matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Will catch up on tour later. Haven't been out on bike for 3 weeks. Had bad fall, whiplash,badly bruised hip and shoulder. I'm still in lot of pain in shoulder and neck
    We have been missing you on the "WEC"-Forum !
    Hope you will be better soon.
    I wish you a quick recovery !

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    It will take time to find that horsepower and ERS given the new engine. It won't be next year fresh out of the gates.
    Well like I've said before mate. If we don't have a competitive engine next year then by all means give them both barrels but let's give them a chance to show otherwise. It's been a hard time for everybody at the factory with the engine debacle, then factory shut down, and we seem to be heading in the right direction but yes the engine is something we are pinning our hopes on and we've spent alot of time and resources on 2022 so we can't have the same kind of excuses from that point..but that's just my feeling anyway. We are open to criticism of course but it's like beating a dead horse in regards to the engine. I think we all know that but we keep kicking the horse anyway

Alonso chasing Russell - not once did he try to force it around the outside around a corner.
    Did you watch a different race? Alonso and GR had a contact..

Also saying that Leclerc is impatient or how to take corners properly is awkward at least. He did 3 overatakes on Perez and got pushed off twice.

The only reason he couldn't overtake DR is because McLaren is ridiculously fast on straights. Even Hamilton struggled to overtake Lando Norris.

Quote Originally Posted by elnano14 View Post
    The only two teams that finished in front of us were Mercedes and RBR. Lando is the other driver who finished in front of us. You really think we can compete to Mercedes and RBR with this **** engine ????
    The engine isn't rubbish. It's not as powerful as the Honda/Mercedes, but it's nowhere near rubbish. We can fight and defend, which we couldn't do last year.

Quote Originally Posted by elnano14 View Post
    Whole car lacking not only engine. Since 2019 Ferrari chassis is clearly behind Mercedes and Red Bull.

Next up Silverstone. I think we will be pretty strong there. We may struggle during the qualifying, but we can make a difference with the race pace. Ferrari should focus on high downforce setup. Our car performs well with high downforce rear and front wings and protects the tyres a lot better.

I guess you weren't expecting Ferrari to jump ahead of Renault and Honda in 2015 after their dismissal performance in 2014?
    Renault did not get their act together. Ferrari after a dismal 2014 sorted out the issues but did not challenge the Mercs till maybe 2017. Honda despite a horrible start to their F1 season developed an engine which clearly challenges the Mercs.
    My point is how did we go so much worse in just 1-2 years? We had one of the competitive engines on the grid till 2019. Were we using that trick fuel meter all the while long enough to fall this much behind? Yes, I will agree that 2020 was a miserable year as we couldn't use the factory due to pandemic, but then how could others develop their engine? Does this not baffle you? If we were Renault, I would have never complained coz they were never competitive in the first place, but for us the fall was too big and this is what disturbs me.

The engine isn't rubbish. It's not as powerful as the Honda/Mercedes, but it's nowhere near rubbish. We can fight and defend, which we couldn't do last year.
    Mercedes got the the engie right from the get go and have progressed.

Honda got it wrong....they were the laughing stock....then turned it around in 7 years and beating Mercedes.

Ferrari........................................... ................yeah.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post
    Whole car lacking not only engine. Since 2019 Ferrari chassis is clearly behind Mercedes and Red Bull.
    No longer. The current chassis is equal to both Merc and Red Bull. If the current car had 2018/2019 power units, let's just say it wouldn't be finishing behind either Merc or Red Bull.

Oh...can't gasp "honesty".

As I've said, take your Leclerc bashing to Reddit/Mercedes fan forum.
    Lol you reckon that's honesty? Why don't you admit that only white lives matter to you? Clearly you're a bloody racist - I make a remark about Leclerc's driving you stoop to talking about race? How's a bit of honesty on your side?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Mercedes got the the engie right from the get go and have progressed.

Honda got it wrong....they were the laughing stock....then turned it around in 7 years and beating Mercedes.

Ferrari........................................... ................yeah.
    Even if you exclude 2019 PU, the 2018 was still better than Merc. Ferrari was on pole in Baku, dominated Spa and was 1-2 in Monza.

If we had Leclerc in 2018, Ferrari would've won the WDC quite easily.

As for my comments on Leclerc, I'll keep them right here thank you very much. If you can't handle it try logging off. It works.
    Last edited by ntukza; 4th July 2021 at 15:20.
    Forza Ferrari