Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: British GP 2021 : Practice and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    Great effort from Charles. A shame for Sainz as he could of been right on the McLaren's if not for the incident with Russell
    Should've qualified higher yesterday. It was his own poor effort yesterday that put him on the pack.

I like Sprint Q, I’d take it any day against FP3 session

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Should've qualified higher yesterday. It was his own poor effort yesterday that put him on the pack.
    Yeah true. He has such good race pace though (he's shown it this season for us) it's a shame he keeps finding himself lower in qualifying

Although it was good to see Max over take Two-Chains McPander I’m not sure the juice is worth the squeeze here. I still don’t see a point to this sprint race and the schedule all all screwed up for those not living in the European time zone(s)

I dunno... It's quite exciting, sure, but I somehow miss watching the progression of teams setting up the cars, testing different programes and only then, when ready, showing it all in quali and race. Maybe... Maybe if it was FP1 and FP2 on friday and then Quali and Sprint race on saturday? But that would go against their idea for each day to have some meaning. Whis I also don't like. Too much action is too much action.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

It just looks like they trying to make their manufactured racing more exciting for more of the weekend which it just can't do. You can't polish a turd.

It's a strange kind of GP weekend and they were lucky with the weather, imagine if Silverstone had been wet and windy over the three days, it would put a different spin on things with far more chance of accidents. Good for Max beating HAM and Charles did a great and controlled drive to P4. I worry in the real GP tomorrow that Mclaren are quick enough to take us in the DRS zones once the race settles, assuming we don't have the sort of problem Carlos had with Russell today.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    It's a strange kind of GP weekend and they were lucky with the weather, imagine if Silverstone had been wet and windy over the three days, it would put a different spin on things with far more chance of accidents. Good for Max beating HAM and Charles did a great and controlled drive to P4. I worry in the real GP tomorrow that Mclaren are quick enough to take us in the DRS zones once the race settles, assuming we don't have the sort of problem Carlos had with Russell today.
    6 hours of Monza tomorrow should be a good watch!

If I can find it to watch that is, doesn't look like it's on any TV channel.

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    It just looks like they trying to make their manufactured racing more exciting for more of the weekend which it just can't do. You can't polish a turd.
    Exactly

I guess F1 has been losing so many people over the past years, so they are like forced to do something to spice up this Circus. I dont know what to think about this new format.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    I guess F1 has been losing so many people over the past years, so they are like forced to do something to spice up this Circus. I dont know what to think about this new format.
    yep. F1 is'nt really interested in the "older viewers" that have been watching F1 for 20 to 40 years. There target market are the milleninials and z-generation....unfortunatley that market has a "short attention" span so they are un-interested.

I really hope this format that we have seen at Silverstone fails. We have 2 more GP's with this same format. It's all in its testing phase.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    yep. F1 is'nt really interested in the "older viewers" that have been watching F1 for 20 to 40 years. There target market are the milleninials and z-generation....unfortunatley that market has a "short attention" span so they are un-interested.

I really hope this format that we have seen at Silverstone fails. We have 2 more GP's with this same format. It's all in its testing phase.
    I'm a "millennial" and I haven't liked any of the "enhancements" they've made over the last decade+.

I'm a "millennial" and I haven't liked any of the "enhancements" they've made over the last decade+.
    I'm speaking in a general sense. Good to hear.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Watched it, tried to be unbiased and open minded. but, nope I didn't enjoy it and I far prefer the normal qualifying.

Liberty seem to be making bad decisions one after another, I know some people hated him but my god I wish Bernie was still in charge!

F1 much like football has become micro managed. They are only concerned with how they can attract new viewers and don't care for the older viewers. I started watching F1 because I was attracted to the technical side and also the natural ability of the drivers. But I didn't want there every thought broadcast to the viewers, or hearing what the team principals think. The rise of social media has given people a sense of entitlement, and skewed perception over what they perceive as entertainment.

I don't know know how to feel about it. It's not great, but it isn't terrible either, just so unnecessary

6 hours of Monza tomorrow should be a good watch!

If I can find it to watch that is, doesn't look like it's on any TV channel.
    Motorsport.tv is the way I watch wec. Its 3.99 or 4.99 a month.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Motorsport.tv is the way I watch wec. Its 3.99 or 4.99 a month.
    I really should just pay for it, I mean I pay for DAZN boxing every month. It just seems the way to watch anything you actually want to watch you need a separate subscriptions for.

Just watched it after giving the live a miss for a 50-mile bike ride. I think Charles should be able to drive away from Norris if he gets to stay ahead at the start and if not pass him at the pitstop. He had amazing pace in comparison even after Norris made it past Alonso.

Carlos was unlucky that Russell messed the situation up but is still in a spot where he could challenge the McLarens with the right strategy tomorrow provided he gets away well.

The highlight was obviously Verstappen obliterating Hammy at the start, I hope he can do it again because if Mercedes lose on one of their big tracks then they're in serious trouble.

Come race time it's not safe for any driver in the top 10 to have Russell near them. He needs more skill time still in the back before he can safely drive among the fast cars. He's trying too soon with aggressive driving not having enough experience from F-2 and F-1 back rows. He needs to please stay away from Ferrari's boys. He want's that Merc seat at any cost! Crashing is not the way to do it. He's for sure no Max.
    Last edited by Brembo; 18th July 2021 at 03:00.

After lando overtake Alonso, leclerc’s pace avg 0.3 sec faster than lando. I am sure we can stay ahead mclaren’s but unfortunetly for sainz 0.3 sec pace is not enough to overtake here. 4-7 likely to best result for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
    Watched it, tried to be unbiased and open minded. but, nope I didn't enjoy it and I far prefer the normal qualifying.

Liberty seem to be making bad decisions one after another, I know some people hated him but my god I wish Bernie was still in charge!
    I feel the same and it's all very well having to pay Sky for their F1 channel but I get really annoyed with the inane questions they ask the drivers, it's all become too PC obsessed and the drivers can't say what they'd like to say either! The team principals are just as bad, all I want is to see the quali and race as before, preferably with two red cars somewhere near the front. Liberty are turning it into a US-style circus and I'm surprised Brawn and Domenicali went with it, but they're under pressure to up the fan base with younger viewers, which I seriously doubt will happen unless it all becomes virtual!! Good luck to our ragazzi today, anyway.

Carlos will have to hope for the race pace advantage on high fuel being even bigger than on low fuel. I think it could be a wise move to start him on hards to run deep into the race before doing a one-stopper. I think a lot of teams that have gone for low DF settings will struggle a lot with the mediums after 15 laps on high fuel. Already yesterday there were plenty of blisters so I do believe he could pick up a lot of spots that way.

For Charles, his race is about getting away well enough to remain in P4 and then just do his own race from there.