Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112

Thread: British GP 2021 : Race

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    We were still 1 second per lap slower then Mercs
    No, Lewis on hard and only lewis got all of the sudden so fast. So the question is, why and how?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

A friend expressed his reaction to Hamilton's incident today..
    Pretty much sums him up.

"You Either Die A Hero, Or You Live Long Enough To See Yourself Become The Villain."

Max should have a t-shirt on the podium next time "ARREST THE GUY WHO INJURED MAX VERSTAPPEN"

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    No, Lewis on hard and only lewis got all of the sudden so fast. So the question is, why and how?
    That was a little surprising. Although Valterri was quick at the beginning of his stint but it tailed off much quicker.

But it's always been the case that the compounds get harder and Mercedes goes quicker.

Horner not ruling out asking the FIA to disqualify Hamilton from the race. We should join any such appeal too, goes without saying. Our win was stolen today. Put as much pressure on the crooks as humanly possible.

DSQ + 1 race ban or at least the former are the only acceptable outcomes.

Max trashing Hammy's victory celebrations on social media. Oh my It's on!

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    I can't blame him really. (Max)
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Care to share the link?

Yeah he's 100 % right.

RBR and Ferrari need to collaborate behind the scenes to pressure the FIA into DSQ-ing Hammy retroactively. Those seven points lost could be crucial at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by 20000rpm View Post
    Care to share the link?
    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/v...stone/6633307/

Above all, he's very lucky he wasn't around when Senna pulled such stunts because such an impact even in 1990 could've been deadly.

What is the latest on MV? Is he all OK?

I don't know guys, I didn't see the crash as bad as some of you are seeing it, Hamilton tried to make the pass and kept the radius constant. Max turned in a little more and hit him, that's how I see it. It's not like MS on JV in Jerez in 97 where MS literally turned into him.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I don't know guys, I didn't see the crash as bad as some of you are seeing it, Hamilton tried to make the pass and kept the radius constant. Max turned in a little more and hit him, that's how I see it. It's not like MS on JV in Jerez in 97 where MS literally turned into him.
    Lewis totaly missed the apex. He had like a full meter of the tarmac on his right side and then a kerb non of which he used. Verstappen left him enough space, Hamilton just didn't turn enough, probably because he went too fast into the corner. His mistake with no consequences.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Its not the crash that are bad, its the lack of penalty. Should have been a 10 seconds stop and go immediately after the re-start. Hamilton just took 33 points of Verstappen on a clumsy overtake attempt, which he was deemed the guilty party of by stewards. In he end, he just took Max out and won the race as he has no other rivals that can challenge him.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Max got maxed ������

per the stewards: say Hamilton was on a line that did not reach the apex of the corner and did not avoid the contact when Max turned into the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Lewis totaly missed the apex. He had like a full meter of the tarmac on his right side and then a kerb non of which he used. Verstappen left him enough space, Hamilton just didn't turn enough, probably because he went too fast into the corner. His mistake with no consequences.
    yep

Dirty driving from Lewis there, I guess I now see why Senna is his idol, he got away with some very dirty driving to (RIP).
    a 10 sec penalty for that is worthless and they know it, should have been a black flag or at least a 10 sec stop and go. 7 years Lew collected title after title with zero challenge and as soon as a driver starts to threaten him, he turns dirty. Disgraceful

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    What is the latest on MV? Is he all OK?

https://twitter.com/Max33Verstappen/...64989244272641

With all due respect Tony but Jerez 1997 was more unsporting than dangerous. It was a slow-speed sidepod hit. Regardless of how intentional this was, the clash was a serious case of dangerous driving and Hammy not being in control of his race car. That makes it a lot worse than an unsporting punt on a sidepod. Especially for someone with his experience to do such a thing at that corner with zero regard for Max's life is very bad either way you slice it.

Feel me?

Quote Originally Posted by 20000rpm View Post
    A friend expressed his reaction to Hamilton's incident today..
    Pretty much sums him up.

"You Either Die A Hero, Or You Live Long Enough To See Yourself Become The Villain."
    You’re friends with Harvey Dent!? That’s pretty cool.

I think it was a racing incident too. Lewis didn't keep his line tight enough. But Max doesn't try hard enough to avoid incidents and he always expects the other person to back out and this time the other person didn't. Either that or Max causes and incident. He didn't cause this one, but he didn't help it either.

The other thing is, Max has to think about the championship when he's driving. Lewis does. And when he is 30+ points down, we now see what he'll do.

Mercedes: British GP red flag saved Hamilton from retirement

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/me...ement/6633653/

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    SO HAPPY to be disappointed for losing the win in the last laps and on pure pace!!!!! OK Max was out (favorite for the win) and Lewis had a 10s penalty ,but still it was amazing to see us having so good pace especialy on mediums !!! Can we dare dreaming something very good on 2 weeks ????!!!!
    Absolutely! It's very satisfying. It also goes to show how important it is to qualify well. We can have a brilliant race car and still finish 6th because of the difficulties of overtaking. Still, it's great to see how competitive we are in race trim.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Mercedes: British GP red flag saved Hamilton from retirement

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/me...ement/6633653/
    of course it did, luckiest driver of all time. I am sure that Merc completed repairs all within the regulations as well
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Enough politics and bashing eachother
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Why is Ham a 7x WC..
    https://youtube.com/shorts/bR4NFrsOq8U?feature=share

I quite agree..