View Poll Results: Should Hamilton receive a race ban for sending Verstappen to the hospital?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

29 69.05%
  • No

11 26.19%
  • I was to busy feeding the goats

2 4.76%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Should Hamilton receive a race ban for sending Verstappen to the hospital?

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    Obviously i don't want people to get hurt but that's why Max doesn't get a lot of sympathy from me.He dishes it out, he has to be able to take it too.
    This is why I don't get some people's outrage here. Verstappen would've done the same thing, he doesn't care one bit about another driver's safety. He has always been rash and dangerous. TBH, we can call tomorrow's incident "Karma".

I hope both Ham and Ver will implode from now on and take each other out more often.

We all know that if either Ferrari driver had done this to Lewis, the penalty would have been more severe, especially at Silverstone, and there would have been outrage from both Sky and the local fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Liscia View Post
    I voted Yes but it's very hard to choose between Ham and Ver - the older one who is so full of himself and the younger one who is brash and rather crude. Neither one cares much how they win as long as they do - the mark of the truly unsportsmanlike (losers in the final analysis). I am thankful that our team progresses and is made up of gentlemanly sorts who will eventually have their day. Great drive by Our guys, Leclerc in particular- probably the most decent guy on the grid.
    Perfect summary and all very true!

I know what RoGro did in Spa looked way worse, but it was also at a much slower speed and no one went to the hospital.

He got a race ban, didn't he?

But because it's TwoChains TakeAKnee the FIA will do nothing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    The reasons people are raging against Hamilton:

1. The lack of consequence for eliminating your rival from the race and gaining 32 points in the standings by doing so. A complete farce penalty that had no bearing on the offenders race.

2. Free repairs after causing a collision enabling the offender to keep his position when he should have been in the pits and last.

3. The celebration like he had won the WDC when he won because of an incident he was deemed guilty of causing

4. The actual incident.

If the FIA had given Lewis a proper penalty he would have finished like 7th to 10th or so and still gained a few points on Max, but the real outrage would have been avoided since FIA had signaled its NOT OK and you cant benefit greatly from taking out your main rival!

So basicly 4 things that are clearly wrong, the incident, the red flag saving repairs, the lack of sufficient penalty and the celebration.

Had the FIA sanctioned Hamilton properly, the repair issue and celebration issue would have been eleminated. I could have lived with the incident, if the proper penatly had been assessed, had he finished 11th the championship would not have been affected in such a dramatic fashion!

Hamilton basicly erased Max excellent driving this year by making a mistake running into Max, I dont see how anybody can argue that is good for the sport.

Red Bull will have change engine and gearbox etc as well which could further decide the championship.

Final note: Its possible that Lewis is getting more abuse than he should have because of the insanity of the regulations.
    Well said..
    This happened between Ham and Max. Tomorrow it could happen between Max and Charles. FiA, as usual, given the trend, would look the other way. What would you do?

Man some of you guys are losing it. Can we stop with the politics and the wishes of death on people, it's just a sport.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

I don't think a race ban is appropriate.

But what we was given was certainly very lenient.
    The 5sec/10sec penalty was introduce as a more lenient alternative for minor transgressions, but what happened wasn't minor in any way.

May not be intentional, but it was certainly a very bad decision by Lewis to stick to his guns despite not being ahead of Max, and already ran wide.
    He should have backed off, but he didn't. Instead, he sent Max into the barriers at high speed.

He should have been given a 10 sec stop go penalty, at the very least.
    We all knew Merc could easily recover that 10 sec with the performance advantage they have. Hell Lewis even had the chance to fix his car up nicely.

Pretty sure even Toto himself was expecting something worse when he decided to send emails out with diagrams all, that was really desperate

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    This is why I don't get some people's outrage here. Verstappen would've done the same thing, he doesn't care one bit about another driver's safety. He has always been rash and dangerous. TBH, we can call tomorrow's incident "Karma".
    Just refreshing the memories of how Max is a wonderful driver..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkAoSghdD6Y

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Man some of you guys are losing it. Can we stop with the politics and the wishes of death on people, it's just a sport.
    There are always rotten apples among fresh ones. Two posters here are wishing death of a driver, not most. Maybe you should do your job and kick these people out.

Passionate debate is one thing, but wishing death of a driver is abhorrent. This forum will be better without them.

There are always rotten apples among fresh ones. Two posters here are wishing death of a driver, not most. Maybe you should do your job and kick these people out.

Passionate debate is one thing, but wishing death of a driver is abhorrent. This forum will be better without them.
    Some members kick it gangsta sometimes doubt you should take that person's comment too literally my guess is he was just mad as a hatter

Quote Originally Posted by 20000rpm View Post
    Just refreshing the memories of how Max is a wonderful driver..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkAoSghdD6Y
    No one is saying he is! On the contrary he is one of the dirty! And he was waiting for karma to hit him in the face, and it happened yesterday! Unfortunately, that also reflected on Ferrari...

1. I voted yes, but only because I strongly believe that the penalty was a farce.
    2. This is not world championship. Its British formula. I wonder when people will realise this. If it was Schumacher , MV, CS, anyone else instead of a British driver, the "press" would ask for a ban for life, not a race.
    3.I don't care about our performance. Championship is not clean.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    No one is saying he is! On the contrary he is one of the dirty! And he was waiting for karma to hit him in the face, and it happened yesterday! Unfortunately, that also reflected on Ferrari...
    Mate... It was a sarcastic comment. We know from start how Ferrari, especially Vettel had been at the receiving end when racing against Max.

Mate... It was a sarcastic comment. We know from start how Ferrari, especially Vettel had been at the receiving end when racing against Max.
    I know! I am just saying that karma hits and never forget....

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I know! I am just saying that karma hits and never forget....
    Max will return the favor in kind in the upcoming GP's. I wonder how Crofty, Brundle and all the rest in SKY media will handle that one???
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Max will return the favor in kind in the upcoming GP's. I wonder how Crofty, Brundle and all the rest in SKY media will handle that one???
    Indeed! If those two selfish brats keep at it we might reap some benefits;)

I have the impression that most accidents with LH involvement results to the retirement of the other driver. And the other driver looks to be hit at the back wheel, again most of the times.
    It's just my impression though...

Or...

For sure Charles was right there to go around the fight. So far Ferrari is 17 points ahead of this time lat season.

Then he should brace for few more high speed crashes because Hamilton is not gonna back down any longer. Leclerc already gave Max his own medicine after Austria 2019 and continuous to do so when he's in a genuine fight with Max, Hamilton is a bit late to that party but at last he has arrived and not gonna leave that party wagon any more.

And their respective teams as well. So lets hope they will keep on imploding from now on and provide some nice popcorn worthy dramas for us Ferrari fans.

No. I just want both Mercedes and Red Bull camp to implode. You could argue that Max had it coming, ever since he has entered F1, he has always been ruthless.

Hamilton on the other been enjoying a dominant car for 8 years. It has masked his shortcomings but now it's getting reveled again because of Max-Red Bull challenge.

I just want both of them to not give each other any room from now on. It will make things spicy and funny, to me atleast, and it will improve our prospect of bagging up some healthy amounts of points.
    No I don't agree that max had it coming nor do I agree with the so called 1st lap thing.
    51 G impact. And it was lewis fault. Even if he did not do it on purpose he did eliminate his wdc competition while he was able to go on and win.
    So if we want to see things we had complains about red flag and qualify right? Why not limiting what can be rectified under red flag with no consequences then? If you go past that you go to the end of the grid.
    I am pretty sure this would limit this kind of accidents.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

I'm curious when being able to fix cars under red has been allowed. Didnt Ferrari get penalised for working on Kimis car one race ( I think after he was hit by Bottas in 2017 or 2018).

But dont think Hamilton needs a race ban. But definitely stewards need to work on proper penalties for such an error. Whether it was an accident or not, I think Hamilton has enough experience to know that corner was never going to be taken the way he went into it.

Also another thing, this whole conversation is about this incident , all this chat about what Max has done in the past is moot. Honestly.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Also another thing, this whole conversation is about this incident , all this chat about what Max has done in the past is moot. Honestly.
    What has been done in the past should definitely be moot both ways. It's about this race. Good point!

I voted NO.

The 10sec penalty IMO was'nt enough. Lewis should have recieved a stop-and-go penalty PLUS 3 points added to his super-license.

It was clearly Lewis's fault.

These racing stewards and penalties are so inconsitent.
    100% agree with this.
    Every driver when given a penalty should get either a drive through which must be taken within 3 laps, or disqualified full stop from the race, depending on the accident. The current penalty laws are an absolute joke as was proven the last grand prix and many more recently.
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

F1 needs to change the Red Flag rules. What kind of peanut brain thought it was a good idea to allow the cars to get fixed during a red flag and effectively reset the race? If the teams were prohibited to do so, then Lewis would have been forced to pit or retire with his front wheel issue

Back in the day F-1 had the " T Cars! " set up basically for the team's #1 driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Back in the day F-1 had the " T Cars! " set up basically for the team's #1 driver.
    Unfortunately, those back in the days are long gone and this new so called Formula 1 is here to, once again unfortunately, stay!

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    F1 needs to change the Red Flag rules. What kind of peanut brain thought it was a good idea to allow the cars to get fixed during a red flag and effectively reset the race? If the teams were prohibited to do so, then Lewis would have been forced to pit or retire with his front wheel issue
    Maybe to ensure there is no debris flying all around due to damaged components and endangering the safety of others.
    Something like this..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq95z3Pbjs0
    Last edited by 20000rpm; 26th July 2021 at 06:42.

Maybe to ensure there is no debris flying all around due to damaged components and endangering the safety of others.
    Something like this..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq95z3Pbjs0

There is nothing that says they couldn't have fixed the car while the race was being run. Just not during the red flag. Cars should be in parc ferme. If it cost them 3-4 laps, then that right there would be a deterrent to not hit someone next time.