Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leclerc “racing incident”

Leclerc “racing incident”

Charles leclerc view the max Lewis crash as a racing incident citing that “maybe Lewis was not completely at the apex but that Max was quite aggressive on the outside “ Just wondered what this forum thinks of Charles comments ?

He's being diplomatic.

Is the Sabreman troll still around?

Get rid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Is the Sabreman troll still around?

Get rid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabreman View Post
    Charles leclerc view the max Lewis crash as a racing incident citing that “maybe Lewis was not completely at the apex but that Max was quite aggressive on the outside “ Just wondered what this forum thinks of Charles comments ?
    I don't think it was a "non-racing" incident, if that's what you're asking.

My problem is that: Hamilton causes a huge crash that sends another driver into hospital, get's a lenient penalty, gets his car fixed under the red flag and overtakes Leclerc with 2 laps to go, thanks to his far superior machine. To me, it's both unfair and frustrating.

Whether it's a racing incident or not, the punishment wasn't proper. russel got a 3 place grid drop for doing something similar to Sainz. Hamilton was basically able to build enough of a lead over the trailing guys that a 10 sec penalty pretty much ensured he didn't lose any positions so not much of a penalty at all. If Leclerc hadn't been in the lead, Hamilton would have had 40 - 50 sec available to sit in his pitbox.
    Should have been 10 sec stop and go or should have had to serve it within the first 2-3 laps after safety car went in.

Yeah 10 second stop and go to be served in 3 laps would have been more appropriate.
    Forza Ferrari

Both drivers had only one thing in mind, the points ! I believe both drivers were equally to blame at the moment of contact. 10 seconds was in leu of doing nothing. I wished it on several posts that while Max & Sir Lewis went at it Charles or Carlos would be right there to go around them. It happened ! A Ferrari podium !!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Both drivers had only one thing in mind, the points ! I believe both drivers were equally to blame at the moment of contact. 10 seconds was in leu of doing nothing. I wished it on several posts that while Max & Sir Lewis went at it Charles or Carlos would be right there to go around them. It happened ! A Ferrari podium !!
    You've been warned already about your sir lewis c**p.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Yeah 10 second stop and go to be served in 3 laps would have been more appropriate.
    100% and ive been saying this for years! And its always Lewis that benefits from this stupid rule, and then the media and his fans call it an amazing comeback! Its ridiculous
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

Quote Originally Posted by dfunk257 View Post
    100% and ive been saying this for years! And its always Lewis that benefits from this stupid rule, and then the media and his fans call it an amazing comeback! Its ridiculous
    Aside from the Silverstone crash, somehow HAM always manages to get away with relatively little or no damage and is able to continue his race, and always seems to benefit from SC interventions, even when it's his fault and he has to reverse onto the track! He has the luck of the Gods, that's for sure, and I find that incredibly frustrating. A 10sec stop and go would have been more appropriate at Silverstone, then maybe Charles would have got his well-deserved win. I wish.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Aside from the Silverstone crash, somehow HAM always manages to get away with relatively little or no damage and is able to continue his race, and always seems to benefit from SC interventions, even when it's his fault and he has to reverse onto the track! He has the luck of the Gods, that's for sure, and I find that incredibly frustrating. A 10sec stop and go would have been more appropriate at Silverstone, then maybe Charles would have got his well-deserved win. I wish.
    Not that I pay as much attention to F1 as I used to, but when was the last time a stop & go (without being able to work on the car during the same trip through the pitlane) handed out?

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    Not that I pay as much attention to F1 as I used to, but when was the last time a stop & go (without being able to work on the car during the same trip through the pitlane) handed out?
    You don't even see drive through penalties anymore. 10 seconds was the harshest penalty I've seen in years.

There was a stop and go given just a couple races ago. Was it Stroll?

Keep checking. If you see something say something.

Well, nobody was closer to the incident then Charles. He saw it happen right before his eyes - and he saw everything what Verstappen and Hamilton did before it all went wrong.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    I wonder if folks here would have found a stop and go fair had he been given it and still went on to win the race.

I'm not happy that LH won. I really thought that the 10 sec penalty was enough to deny him victory, especially given Leclerc's strong pace in the first stint. So I was quite disappointed with the outcome. But as for the 10 second penalty. I can't be unhappy with it it because I know that 1st lap incidents at corners usually go unpunished.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Hamilton’s luck is unbelievable, and yes very frustrating. It will run out though, surely.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    I wonder if folks here would have found a stop and go fair had he been given it and still went on to win the race.

I'm not happy that LH won. I really thought that the 10 sec penalty was enough to deny him victory, especially given Leclerc's strong pace in the first stint. So I was quite disappointed with the outcome. But as for the 10 second penalty. I can't be unhappy with it it because I know that 1st lap incidents at corners usually go unpunished.

If he had come back to win the race from a 10 sec stop and go, that would have been a great accomplishment. A 10 sec time penalty was really nothing, especially taking it after a significant lead was built up so he didn't lose places. Bottas was never going to hinder him. If he had to take the time penalty earlier in the race, then he would have dropped down quite a few places and that would have made the race interesting.. plug would have given Leclerc a much better chance at winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    If he had come back to win the race from a 10 sec stop and go, that would have been a great accomplishment. A 10 sec time penalty was really nothing, especially taking it after a significant lead was built up so he didn't lose places. Bottas was never going to hinder him. If he had to take the time penalty earlier in the race, then he would have dropped down quite a few places and that would have made the race interesting.. plug would have given Leclerc a much better chance at winning.
    I wouldn't say it was nothing since he only caught Leclerc with 3 laps to go, and apparently because we didn't have good pace on the hards as we did on the mediums. So theoretical it would have cost him a win because without the penalty he definitely would have won, and with the penalty he almost didn't win. Yes it's not much, just a difference of one position, but didn't Lando's botched pit stop also contribute to that?
    Forza Ferrari

Also, the penalty itself is probably severe, it's just that the Merc is a beast of a car compared to the rest of the field. Penalties have never taken into account relative performance differences of cars.
    Forza Ferrari

Hamilton’s luck is unbelievable, and yes very frustrating. It will run out though, surely.
    Count Max in on unbelievable luck coming out of that accident safe and sound! The best news result !

I wouldn't say it was nothing since he only caught Leclerc with 3 laps to go, and apparently because we didn't have good pace on the hards as we did on the mediums. So theoretical it would have cost him a win because without the penalty he definitely would have won, and with the penalty he almost didn't win. Yes it's not much, just a difference of one position, but didn't Lando's botched pit stop also contribute to that?
    Also, the penalty itself is probably severe, it's just that the Merc is a beast of a car compared to the rest of the field. Penalties have never taken into account relative performance differences of cars.

I don't think the win was ever in doubt. Leclerc did a great job of keeping and holding the lead, but we've all seen the Merc on low fuel and hard tires. If they had any doubt, they would have stopped Hamilton earlier to give him more laps.

That penalty is only severe to cars in the midfield where 10 sec means a drop of 5-6 places. Giving 10 sec to a car that can lap the field is really no penalty if it can take it whenever it wants to. The 2-3 lap rule is a no-brainer.

I can only speak for myself, and here's the answer:
    If someone is given a penalty that sends him to the end of the grid and yet they run an excellent race, even win it, then in my eyes , good for them.
    They paid the price, they are great drivers.

An example ? Michael at Monaco, when he was sent to the back of the grid, ended up finishing P5 at a race when people claim that overtaking is next to impossible.

Lewis got a pat on the back of the neck, and went on to win the race with a car that can only be challenged by RBR.
    And he went on to say that he has no moral issues to do this again because he knows what he is doing.

That answers the question if this punishment is a yoke .
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    I can only speak for myself, and here's the answer:
    If someone is given a penalty that sends him to the end of the grid and yet they run an excellent race, even win it, then in my eyes , good for them.
    They paid the price, they are great drivers.

An example ? Michael at Monaco, when he was sent to the back of the grid, ended up finishing P5 at a race when people claim that overtaking is next to impossible.

Lewis got a pat on the back of the neck, and went on to win the race with a car that can only be challenged by RBR.
    And he went on to say that he has no moral issues to do this again because he knows what he is doing.

That answers the question if this punishment is a yoke .

Good comments. The issue then is with the rules and not with Hamilton nor with the stewards. Hamilton made a mistake, caused an accident and was punished for it. The stewards can only apply the rules as they are. They cannot change them or create them. That is done on another platform in another process. Maybe the rules need to change but as things stand, they are applied equally to everyone, whether its Max fighting for the championship or Lewis driving a rocket ship or Russel beating his Williams donkey to death.
    Forza Ferrari

I got something for you guys.........

Now the rules are if your opponent throws you out of the race in wheel-to-wheel action and it's your opponents fault and you have to take on an allotted component i.e. a new ICE unit for example, you get "penalized" for taken the alloted component even though it was'nt your fault.

Here is where I think the rule needs changing. IF it was'nt your fault and you need a new ICE unit due to the incident with your opponent{his fault}, you should be granted a "free" change instead of getting penalized for a new ICE unit due to the allotment situation.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

ACCIDENT : an undesirable or unfortunate happening like an automobile accident.

Good comments. The issue then is with the rules and not with Hamilton nor with the stewards. Hamilton made a mistake, caused an accident and was punished for it. The stewards can only apply the rules as they are. They cannot change them or create them. That is done on another platform in another process. Maybe the rules need to change but as things stand, they are applied equally to everyone, whether its Max fighting for the championship or Lewis driving a rocket ship or Russel beating his Williams donkey to death.
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I got something for you guys.........

Now the rules are if your opponent throws you out of the race in wheel-to-wheel action and it's your opponents fault and you have to take on an allotted component i.e. a new ICE unit for example, you get "penalized" for taken the alloted component even though it was'nt your fault.

Here is where I think the rule needs changing. IF it was'nt your fault and you need a new ICE unit due to the incident with your opponent{his fault}, you should be granted a "free" change instead of getting penalized for a new ICE unit due to the allotment situation.
    That's not a bad idea. I would agree to that if someone lost a power unit through an incident that was 100% not their fault.