Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hungarian GP 2021 : Practices and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Those were just arbitrary numbers. Live feed? then post the screenshots here. You need to back up your claim with either with visual evidence or lap time delta.

I've already posted the driver tracker here, and not some arbitrary numbers. And the tracker clearly showed that Hamilton did a normal out lap. He caught up with the Norris-Ocon-Bottas train in the sector 2. There was no deliberate slowing down. It was Verstappen-Red Bull who were desperate to pass Hamilton because they were behind. If they were so worried, the should've left the garage earlier. Probably when Gasly left. And it was Verstappne who screwed up Perez by going extremely slow in the last sector.

And there was no slowing down from Hamilton after the pit exit. But there was a deliberate slowing down from Verstappen in the last sector to keep Perez, which made Perez to miss out his final Q3 attempt. Live timing clearly showed it, driver tracker clearly showed it, stewards saw nothing wrong with Hamilton, other teams or drivers saw nothing wrong Hamilton. It's just Red Bull and the fringe minority here who always seem to have problem and look for controversy where there was none. And they fill up each thread with mindless conspiracy theories and TBH, it's getting quite boring to read all that garbage.

Like you for example, who felt the need to open up a thread questioning whether Hamilton actually received any racist abuses. And it says a lot.

So yeah, I'm quite enjoying the Ham-Ver dogfight. Unlike some people here ofcouse, who are seem to be getting angry rather than enjoying the Mercedes-Red Bull imploding.
    Sky Sport live feed from the tv, anyone can watch it. I gave you the time stamps on the clock, go watch for yourself.

Your video doesn't show what happened in the pits, but it very clearly shows Hamilton speed out off once he exited the pit lane and then immediately slow down to a crawl while still with in the pit out exit lane. It also shows Hamilton clearly speeding up on areas that Max could get around, and then slamming on his brakes. This wasn't a warm up lap at all, it was 100% a deliberate spoiler lap. Compare his speeds during his out lap and it is very different than any other driver in front of him.

Just because you don't want to admit what happened doesnt mean it didn't. Anyone with half a brain can see what Lewis did.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I think Ham will just cruise to another win, the chickenwingman will help him build an early lead, and that will be it.
    So you feel Bottas is truly Rubenized !

https://twitter.com/HondaRacingF1/st...480804865?s=20

Unbelievable how punished VER has been for Hamiltons mistake:

- Instead of leading the championship by 40ish points, it's an 8 point lead.
    - Roundabout 1.5 million $
    - Bungling with an inferior PU next weekend, likely having a bearing on quali results
    - Being forced to use a PU that's not calibrated in the next race
    - A slam dunk engine penalty later on in the season, so Lewis will continue to reap benefits from his Silverstone error

A change of regulations are neeeded so that the guilty part in a collision does not gain massive advantages even when deemed guilty by stewards.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post

- Bungling with an inferior PU next weekend, likely having a bearing on quali results
    - A slam dunk engine penalty later on in the season, so Lewis will continue to reap benefits from his Silverstone error
    Yeap. Business as usual. LH needs to make all history books records! Well done to everyone who has ruined this once great sport!
    An one more THANK YOU for this, as it saved me money and time traveling to Hungaroring this year!

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post

A change of regulations are neeeded so that the guilty part in a collision does not gain massive advantages even when deemed guilty by stewards.
    Ah well poor Red Bull, they did not care when Mad Max was smashing off cars when he was not a title contender....
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Sky Sport live feed from the tv, anyone can watch it. I gave you the time stamps on the clock, go watch for yourself.

Your video doesn't show what happened in the pits, but it very clearly shows Hamilton speed out off once he exited the pit lane and then immediately slow down to a crawl while still with in the pit out exit lane. It also shows Hamilton clearly speeding up on areas that Max could get around, and then slamming on his brakes. This wasn't a warm up lap at all, it was 100% a deliberate spoiler lap. Compare his speeds during his out lap and it is very different than any other driver in front of him.

Just because you don't want to admit what happened doesnt mean it didn't. Anyone with half a brain can see what Lewis did.
    Nothing has happened. Otherwise there would've been a cry from Red Fools and there would've been a investigation. Hell, even Perez said after Quali that Hamilton did nothing wrong. There was no evidence of any wrongdoings. Maybe, you can send your "timestamps" to Horner and Marko, clearly they and the rest of the F1 community missing some evidence.

But yeah, you and the rest of the fringe minority here can stay outraged. Maybe open up another thread and post all your outrage and sympathy for Max and Red Bull there.

I and I'm sure the majority here are simply enjoying the drama that is unfolding and hoping for more.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Ah well poor Red Bull, they did not care when Mad Max was smashing off cars when he was not a title contender....
    How dare you say something bad about Max....he can't do anything wrong!

Funny isn't. As if Ham is crashing into Leclerc or costing Ferrari championship points. This whole drama is funny for everyone bar the Mercedes and Red Bull fanbase.
    Last edited by tifosi1993; 1st August 2021 at 10:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I think Ham will just cruise to another win, the chickenwingman will help him build an early lead, and that will be it.
    Very likely but that's not important. It's going to be good to see where Sainz and LeClerc can finish and focus only on them, the rest don't matter.

Isn't his post about changing the rules so the guy causing wrecks is held more accountable? Why try to deflect Lewis being guilty with some of Maxes incidents in the past which most people didn't agree with either?

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Nothing has happened. Otherwise there would've been a cry from Red Fools and there would've been a investigation. Hell, even Perez said after Quali that Hamilton did nothing wrong. There was no evidence of any wrongdoings. Maybe, you can send your "timestamps" to Horner and Marko, clearly they and the rest of the F1 community missing some evidence.

But yeah, you and the rest of the fringe minority here can stay outraged. Maybe open up another thread and post all your outrage and sympathy for Max and Red Bull there.

I and I'm sure the majority here are simply enjoying the drama that is unfolding and hoping for more.
    Why did Alonso get a penalty in 2007? I don't recall McLaren calling for a penalty on themselves.

Why did Alonso get a penalty in 2007? I don't recall McLaren calling for a penalty on themselves.
    If you're referring to the Hungary 2007 penalty, it was for "impeding" Lewis at the pit stop during qualifying.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    If you're referring to the Hungary 2007 penalty, it was for "impeding" Lewis at the pit stop during qualifying.
    Alonso got a penalty for impeding another driver in the pits. I do not believe Mclaren lodged a protest against their own driver, but I am not 100% sure.

So let's assume the FIA took it upon themselves to investigate the matter which they found Alonso to be stationary in his pitstall without mechanical issue and without order from his team, and thus deliberately preventing another driver (his teammate) from entering his pitstall, but not preventing Hamilton from actually going out and doing a lap. Technically Hamilton had a choice to back up, and exit the pits and do another lap on the tires he had on. This resulted in a 5 place grid penalty for Alonso.

FFW to qualifying Hungary 2021, Lewis deliberately drove down the pit road at an unusually slow speed impeding Max Verstappen and Perez from getting by. Lewis then exited the pit lane under throttle to then slow down dramatically to again impeded the Red Bull drivers within the white lines of the pit road exit lane.

How is this different than 2007? If it is correct that McLaren did not protest themselves in 2007 and the FIA took it upon themselves to issue a penalty for unsportsmanlike impeding, then the FIA do not need a formal complaint from Red Bull to issue an investigation or penalty in this case. Yet as we know, nothing happened.

Isn't his post about changing the rules so the guy causing wrecks is held more accountable? Why try to deflect Lewis being guilty with some of Maxes incidents in the past which most people didn't agree with either?
    If it hurts Red Bull then so be it, no idea why suddenly Red Bull and Max are the upstanding guardians of the sport....
    Forza Ferrari

If it hurts Red Bull then so be it, no idea why suddenly Red Bull and Max are the upstanding guardians of the sport....
    Probably because people are so tired of Lewis winning, and Max is the only guy in a position to dethrone him.

When Max was driving very erratically early in his career, people were calling for his head. I believe the FIA clarified the rules when it came to changing directions on the straights.

It should be a unanimous vote to have the rules changed so that a driver that causes a race ending wreck receives a far more severe penalty. Right now what's to stop the team's #2 driver from taking out their rival's #1, even if it means risking driver safety if all it costs is a front wing that is repairable under red flags, and a 10 second time penalty?

Probably because people are so tired of Lewis winning, and Max is the only guy in a position to dethrone him.

When Max was driving very erratically early in his career, people were calling for his head. I believe the FIA clarified the rules when it came to changing directions on the straights.

It should be a unanimous vote to have the rules changed so that a driver that causes a race ending wreck receives a far more severe penalty. Right now what's to stop the team's #2 driver from taking out their rival's #1, even if it means risking driver safety if all it costs is a front wing that is repairable under red flags, and a 10 second time penalty?
    There is nothing to ever stop a no2 driver doing what you say if they feel inclined to do so, but you do the drivers a great disrespect if you actually believe any of them would do so. Just because you are sick of Lewis winning does not mean we need to bend over for Red Bull. Who is paying for the damage we got today? It's racing...
    Forza Ferrari

There is nothing to ever stop a no2 driver doing what you say if they feel inclined to do so, but you do the drivers a great disrespect if you actually believe any of them would do so. Just because you are sick of Lewis winning does not mean we need to bend over for Red Bull. Who is paying for the damage we got today? It's racing...
    It wouldn't be bending the rules for Red Bull,it would be changing the rules for everyone. Especially in the cost cap era we are now in, it is unfair to get collected in an accident by a stupid mistake. Racing incident is one thing, but when one driver is 100% at fault. Currently the punishment isn't enough, and the penalties are not fair.

Kimi should have received a harsher penalty for crashing into Mazepin, and it's unfair they get a DNF and have to cover those costs, while Kimi simply gets a 10 second penalty and gets to keep racing.
    Sainz perhaps should have received a penalty for impeding the AlphaTauri in quali, though I am not sure if that driver was on a flying lap or not, but either way it shouldn't have happened.
    A driver can get a stop/go penalty for speeding 1 kph over the limit, but a driver do something stupid and potentially severely injure a competitor and only get a 10 second time penalty.

There's a problem with the penalties, and right now its having a major impact on the WDC and WCC championships.

Sure it would be disrespectful and rotten for a driver to deliberately crash into a competitor.... Schumacher did it, Senna did it, others have done it.

It wouldn't be bending the rules for Red Bull,it would be changing the rules for everyone. Especially in the cost cap era we are now in, it is unfair to get collected in an accident by a stupid mistake. Racing incident is one thing, but when one driver is 100% at fault. Currently the punishment isn't enough, and the penalties are not fair.

Kimi should have received a harsher penalty for crashing into Mazepin, and it's unfair they get a DNF and have to cover those costs, while Kimi simply gets a 10 second penalty and gets to keep racing.
    Sainz perhaps should have received a penalty for impeding the AlphaTauri in quali, though I am not sure if that driver was on a flying lap or not, but either way it shouldn't have happened.
    A driver can get a stop/go penalty for speeding 1 kph over the limit, but a driver do something stupid and potentially severely injure a competitor and only get a 10 second time penalty.

There's a problem with the penalties, and right now its having a major impact on the WDC and WCC championships.

Sure it would be disrespectful and rotten for a driver to deliberately crash into a competitor.... Schumacher did it, Senna did it, others have done it.
    You said a no2 driver taking out the no1....bit different.

Rules are the same for all. Speeding in the pits and under yellows etc is always been harshly dealt with and for good reason.
    Forza Ferrari

You said a no2 driver taking out the no1....bit different.

Rules are the same for all. Speeding in the pits and under yellows etc is always been harshly dealt with and for good reason.
    It's not a bit different. Any driver has his own thoughts and self control to choose to deliberately crash another driver. Whether you are the #2 playing the team game, the champion against the rival, or the last place guy hitting someone faster. It has happened and so it could happen again because the consequences are practically zip.

You tell me what's worse, speeding 1 kph at pit lane entrance or making a bad driving decision that puts your competitor into the wall in a 51g impact?

What about a crash in pit lane when the mechanics are doing their work?

Yeah it's different off course and I don't recall it ever happening in the sport so I guess we don't need to consider it at all.

Penalties for speeding in the pits under yellows etc are pretty clear cut based on data they are not based on what is worse. Can't just bend the rules because it was only 1kph at the start of the pitlane otherwise the rule is pointless.
    Forza Ferrari

Yeah it's different off course and I don't recall it ever happening in the sport so I guess we don't need to consider it at all.

Penalties for speeding in the pits under yellows etc are pretty clear cut based on data they are not based on what is worse. Can't just bend the rules because it was only 1kph at the start of the pitlane otherwise the rule is pointless.
    You didn't answer my question.

You didn't answer my question.
    As I said penalties are not based on what is worse so there is no question to answer.
    Forza Ferrari

What up with the deflections and whataboutism in your post? Are you going to bring from 1980's or something now? @jgonzalesm6 already explained the incident of 2007 Hungary to you, I don't think I've to add anything.

There's no point of having any discussions. Nothing happened in Qualifying Hungary 21.

But feel free to waste your time and energy on an irreverent and utterly pointless discussion. Bye.

@Greig and @tifosi1993 your lack of answers speak volumes. That's fine.

LOL penalties are not decided by the outcome.
    Forza Ferrari

LOL penalties are not decided by the outcome.
    You know what I asked

You know what I asked
    So why are you struggling?
    Forza Ferrari

Binotto (that is, Ferrari) has suggested that since we're now in a new era where budget cap is in effect, the party that causes collisions and so forth, should be the one that pays the bills to the affected teams. That would mean for instance that the "minor mistake" that Bottas made , would be quite an expensive one for Mercedes.

I find this quite interesting, also I 'd really like to see this put in effect.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

RIP racing if that ever happens.....
    Forza Ferrari

Dead anyway..

Liberty clown life.
    Trying to be less angry..

Lack of what answer? and questions you have asked? Do you want people to post racist comments here so you can finally see that Hamilton had to endure racism, since you seem to believe that he hasn't received any because you haven't seen them?

Nothing happened in Qualifying, but you seem hellbent on proving otherwise. On the other hand you don't believe the racist abuses Ham had to endure after Silverstone, which actually happened.

You're hopeless dude. Go send your "evidence" to Red Bull, maybe they will reward you with money for your pointless effort and dedication.