Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Belgian GP 2021 : Practices and Qaulifying

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Wow Lando. Why is Pirelli not able to crate a capable wet tyres? We used to race in thunderstorms and now in almost any rain it's undrivable...
    Yeap! You are absolutely right. Spain 1996, Malaysia 2001...

This Pirelli tyres are garbage!

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    ****ing hell. Hope he's okay

Should of listened to seb
    Who crash? Lewis? I stop watching even it's free in our country.

Masi is going to cause a serious injury/death, so many near misses and he still learns nothing
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

Ouch!.........Lando! And great sportsmanship from Vettel.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Masi is a garbage race director. Charlie always listened to drivers, but Masi doesn't.
    We should not balme Masi, we should be blaming Pirelli. If they would make a propper wet tyres drivers would be able to race in these conditions.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

J Chan//

Norris. He tried to enter Eau Rouge at 270 kph with Pirelli's full wets. I guess he felt a bit invincible. Hamilton is way too experienced to try that you know

Quote Originally Posted by TonyRizza View Post
    Masi is going to cause a serious injury/death, so many near misses and he still learns nothing
    Guy needs to lose his job. He's not cut out for it. Way too many mishaps and indecisive decision makings.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Masi is a garbage race director. Charlie always listened to drivers, but Masi doesn't.
    He only listens to Toto and Lewis.

That crash can happen in the dry, just because drivers have become accustomed to the level of grip these cars give doesn't mean you can attack corners like that in the wet. Yes they should of listened to seb but also as a driver you need to judge the conditions if you are going to drive in them.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    This Pirelli tyres are garbage!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    We should not balme Masi, we should be blaming Pirelli. If they would make a propper wet tyres drivers would be able to race in these conditions.
    Full wets drain 60ltrs per second per tire. That part of the track Eau Rouge then Radiollon turns the car from negative g's to positive g's then you add the amount of rain....he should of lifted off the throttle sooner when entering Eau Rouge.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    J Chan//

Norris. He tried to enter Eau Rouge at 270 kph with Pirelli's full wets. I guess he felt a bit invincible. Hamilton is way too experienced to try that you know
    maybe LH is dancing with the devil! he's so lucky since day 1 his rookie days almost beat ALO or beat ALO in WDC!

That crash can happen in the dry, just because drivers have become accustomed to the level of grip these cars give doesn't mean you can attack corners like that in the wet. Yes they should of listened to seb but also as a driver you need to judge the conditions if you are going to drive in them.
    Yeah, I believe the adequate entry speed was about 145 mph/230 kph or thereabouts. Norris went way quicker than that.

Disappointing for us though. Don't really know what we can do tomorrow. We need alot of luck, other drivers making errors etc.

I don't know where we were losing time today, I heard Brundle say Sainz was quickest in S1 at one point so did we sacrifice some downforce and then lose too much time in S2 and the end of S3?

Ourselves and alpine are roughly equal in terms of engine (disregard Haas and Alfa) and we both find ourselves outside the top 10. Whereas did McLaren run extra downforce because they have the Merc engine, even Williams?

It all comes back to engine and we are always gonna have to sacrifice one way or the other until we get parity. Next year has to be the year. I don't see an improvement of 10HP making much of a difference but maybe it will mean we can be more flexible and help the drivers in setup and not lose so much performance
    Last edited by patrese86; 28th August 2021 at 14:29.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Full wets drain 60ltrs per second per tire. That part of the track Eau Rouge then Radiollon turns the car from negative g's to positive g's then you add the amount of rain....he should of lifted off the throttle sooner when entering Eau Rouge.
    Full wets drain 85 ltrs per second when the car is at 300km/h. Norris was doing about 270, so then it would be about 80 ltrs.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

LN is in 10th better than our Ferraris

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    Full wets drain 85 ltrs per second when the car is at 300km/h. Norris was doing about 270, so then it would be about 80 ltrs.
    copy.

Look... and they go out on inters... wets are useless. 80 liters my buttocks.

MAX ON POLE

Russell!!!

Norris will at least need a new gearbox after that impact + Bottas down five spots so that should be P9 Leclerc and P11 for Sainz. Considering the circuit I'll take it any day. Both have a chance to score okay points if they keep it on the asphalt tomorrow!

Give that merc sit to Russell and he will be make Ham run for his money. No wonder why he wants to keep Bottad in that second seat.
    Red is the only color!!!

Russell made a stomping lap....P2.....ahead of Lewis.

Quote Originally Posted by hakanabi View Post
    Give that merc sit to Russell and he will be make Ham run for his money. No wonder why he wants to keep Bottad in that second seat.
    yep. +1

Disappointing for us though. Don't really know what we can do tomorrow. We need alot of luck, other drivers making errors etc.

I don't know where we were losing time today, I heard Brundle say Sainz was quickest in S1 at one point so did we sacrifice some downforce and then lose too much time in S2 and the end of S3?

Ourselves and alpine are roughly equal in terms of engine (disregard Haas and Alfa) and we both find ourselves outside the top 10. Whereas did McLaren run extra downforce because they have the Merc engine, even Williams?

It all comes back to engine and we are always gonna have to sacrifice one way or the other until we get parity. Next year has to be the year. I don't see an improvement of 10HP making much of a difference but maybe it will mean we can be more flexible and help the drivers in setup and not lose so much performance
    I too was wondering if that 10 HP boost will really allow us to run more wing levels and challenge the McLarens and Willaims in these conditions ?? Don't think so..it is chassis related. For many many years our cars have been pathetic in mechanical grip..Sainz had so much wheel spin accelerating out from last corner today...lap after lap. Definitely a combination of poor aero and mechanical grip in the car today.

Glad Norris is okay but his speed was obviously too high under the circumstances and he got bitten.
    Pirelli makes the garbage they're told to make and are perfectly capable of making much better tires - those
    dictating/recommending INFERIOR tire specs are to blame but exactly who are they?????;( Are they catering
    to those perverts who tune in to races just for the crashes/mayhem? so that eyeballs stay glued to the screen?

Norris had more than enough pace to be on pole today. But after his big shunt, he would probably start from the pitlane. Bottas has 5 place grid drop so he'll start from P13.

So Leclerc will start on P9, Sainz is on P11. We have to capitalize on Norris's crash here.

Quote Originally Posted by hakanabi View Post
    Exactly my thoughts on this....he’s afraid Russel will make him look like an amateur in the same machinery if Merc hives him the seat...

Of course Hamster is happy with the Butler....he’s a solid #2

They are going to make changes to Eau Rouge to slow the cars down drastically. Possibly the old layout then into Radillon.

I don't like it but it is for safety. Drivers could lift off the throttle.