Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Belgian GP 2021 : Race

At least we got points eh, something we normally shouldn't have had in a race.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

I don't blame them for not racing, the visibility was next to impossible and would have been extremely dangerous.

I just can't believe they didn't even attempt to race on Monday. That's the joke that F1 is. People were complaining about logistics. Sorry, but they were going from Spa to Zandvoort. It's a less than 4 hour drive! Nascar drives across the USA every weekend!! If the time it takes to load and unload the circus takes that long, then maybe it's time for the sport to look at reducing the cost and over the top luxury that goes on behind the scenes. Do teams really need these $50 million dollar rolling hotels to eat soup in?

So red bull saved their engine for one race.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Didn't the race lasted for 16 laps?
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991...ian_Grand_Prix

It lasted for 16 laps, but used the order from 14th lap as a final result.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    I don't blame them for not racing, the visibility was next to impossible and would have been extremely dangerous.

I just can't believe they didn't even attempt to race on Monday. That's the joke that F1 is. People were complaining about logistics. Sorry, but they were going from Spa to Zandvoort. It's a less than 4 hour drive! Nascar drives across the USA every weekend!! If the time it takes to load and unload the circus takes that long, then maybe it's time for the sport to look at reducing the cost and over the top luxury that goes on behind the scenes. Do teams really need these $50 million dollar rolling hotels to eat soup in?
    There are people that work for the races we see in the weekend that cannot work on Monday.
    How would that work ?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

I am sure the teams could easily have raced a day later, not so sure the marshalls could just not turn up for work cause you wanted to see a race though
    Forza Ferrari

1.) Logistics....which you mentioned.
    2.) F1 just started a triple header.
    3.) Forecast for Spa on Monday is the same for Sunday.....gloomy and raining....so Monday would'nt work.

Fyi, all the top 10 got half the points alotted because the drivers did'nt do a full race....so drivers and teams have a .5 next to their points.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Everyone can have their own opinion. Unfortunately not everyone is in charge. It's life. What happened today is no one's fault. I'm disappointed that I waited three weeks and then didn't get a race, but it is what it is.
    I'm sure Russell is one happy driver!! And his fans got to see him on the podium! Williams is back! If this keeps up it may be Russell @ Merc with Lewis replacing Bottas as #2 !

I knew that I would be driving home 460 miles today and would be unable to see the race. I was so upset since Spa is my favorite track.

Looks like I didn’t miss anything.

Shame for the fans and those who sat at home waiting for something to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    There are people that work for the races we see in the weekend that cannot work on Monday.
    How would that work ?
    I forgot the Marshals are volunteers. It certainly wouldn't be realistic to find and train replacements in half a day.

If Monday was going to be just as bad of weather, then it wouldn't make any difference anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I'm sure Russell is one happy driver!! And his fans got to see him on the podium! Williams is back! If this keeps up it may be Russell @ Merc with Lewis replacing Bottas as #2 !
    It must hurt you to see P2 George, P3 Lewis.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    It must hurt you to see P2 George, P3 Lewis.
    Not really. 2 1/2 years to get some points with his Williams. The best to him. Sir Lewis with a date with 8. I wished Ferrari on the podium even though a 3 lap race is a first for me. Charles is pushing real hard every race. He for sure wants that seat come 2023. I was at the Indy 2005 race with 8 cars if I remember correctly. I got a refund for my tickets and used it for the next race. This 3 lap race was a first for me to see. Be ready for the posts coming to tell you to " Stop feeding me!! " .
    Last edited by Brembo; 30th August 2021 at 08:29.

I would have been quite upset if I paid to watch 2 laps under the SC, I totally understand the safety concerns and don't blame them for red flagging the race, but I think they could have moved the race to another day for the benefit of the fans.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...