Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Russian GP 2021 - Race

This is so easy ferrari missed the call for Charles,and Charles risked it for no biscuit.No doubt had the weather remaind as is Charles was looking very strong indeed.It will be exiting to see the ferrari in full flight hopefully in the dry in the upcoming races,ferrari will do well,or learn to get the strategy right with changing weather agents.Sainz drove well and intelligently and a great result,all he needs now is his new PU and ferrari can go on an all out tag team approach until seasons end.I expect a few surprises along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Norris was told the rain would not get any worse, which is why he said he would stay out, he did not ignore any orders at all.
    fast forward to 10min(14 laps to go). Lando was told NOT told the rain "would not get any worse." He was told Lewis and Bottas came in for inter's. He told his pitbox to "SHUT UP!!!" and he said "NO!!!" after refusing to take inters.

Best of Lando Norris Team Radio from Sochi | 2021 Russia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4ioZqdDbtU
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    fast forward to 10min(14 laps to go). Lando was told NOT told the rain "would not get any worse." He was told Lewis and Bottas came in for inter's. He told his pitbox to "SHUT UP!!!" and he said "NO!!!" after refusing to take inters.

Best of Lando Norris Team Radio from Sochi | 2021 Russia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4ioZqdDbtU
    So the bit they tell him the rain will stay the same intensity to the end they think must have missed your hearing.....Lando also said he was told it would stay the same intensity post race when talking with Hamilton. And at what point does the radio tell him to pit and he ignores it? Maybe you are hearing things that where not said also?

What team order did he ignore then?
    Forza Ferrari

So the bit they tell him the rain will stay the same intensity to the end they think must have missed your hearing.....Lando also said he was told it would stay the same intensity post race when talking with Hamilton. And at what point does the radio tell him to pit and he ignores it? Maybe you are hearing things that where not said also?

What team order did he ignore then?
    His defiance to listen to his pitbox cost him the race when it started to rain. Last time I checked, Lando does'nt have a weather radar in his car NOR does he have a pitbox camera in his car to see what Lewis, or Mercedes, are doing given the changing conditions.

Had Lando listened to his pitbox, we would'nt be having this debate of Lando "making the right call" while ignoring his pitbox given the changing conditions.

You have your opinion and I have mine. I feel sorry for Lando for loosing the race but it all rests on his shoulders. Lesson learned. DoD???......pfffft.

His defiance to listen to his pitbox cost him the race when it started to rain. Last time I checked, Lando does'nt have a weather radar in his car NOR does he have a pitbox camera in his car to see what Lewis, or Mercedes, are doing given the changing conditions.

Had Lando listened to his pitbox, we would'nt be having this debate of Lando "making the right call" while ignoring his pitbox given the changing conditions.

You have your opinion and I have mine. I feel sorry for Lando for loosing the race but it all rests on his shoulders. Lesson learned. DoD???......pfffft.
    The never told him to pit, you said he ignored a team order to pit, you have just made this up.

They told him they think the rain would remain the same intensity to the end, and he decided he could manage that without pitting, the rain got worse and by then it was too late.

Lewis also ignored the initial call to pit, he was then told it would get worse so he pitted, Lando was not told this. Why do you make things up then even when you post team radio that proves you wrong you still just make up things to defend your original wrong point.....bizarre.
    Forza Ferrari

The never told him to pit, you said he ignored a team order to pit, you have just made this up.

They told him they think the rain would remain the same intensity to the end, and he decided he could manage that without pitting, the rain got worse and by then it was too late.

Lewis also ignored the initial call to pit, he was then told it would get worse so he pitted, Lando was not told this. Why do you make things up then even when you post team radio that proves you wrong you still just make up things to defend your original wrong point.....bizarre.
    BIZARRE!!!! "Making things up???" Your an amazing piece of work.

What was the intitial response from the pitbox to Lando's repsone ""SHUT UP!!!!" I can put that initial response from the pitbox if you like.

What was the initial response from the pitbox to Lando's response "NO!!!" I can put that initial response from the pitbox if you like.

Lewis did'nt pit because it was "drizzling" or "spitting rain." When Lewis was told it would get worse, Lewis listened to his pitbox. Lewis was'nt defiant like Lando was.

BIZARRE!!!! "Making things up???" Your an amazing piece of work.

What was the intitial response from the pitbox to Lando's repsone ""SHUT UP!!!!"

What was the initial response from the pitbox to Lando's response "NO!!!"

Lewis did'nt pit because it was "drizzling" or "spitting rain." When Lewis was told it would get worse, Lewis listened to his pitbox.
    Not once did they tell him to pit, your own link to the radio confirms that, please have a listen to it before coming back with more made up comments.

Lewis did listen to his pitbox when they told him it would get worse.....I already said that. Lando was NOT told it would get worse, what part of that are you finding hard to understand?

Lando got no order to pit and your comment he ignored a team order is wrong, it's ok to admit you called it wrong.

He said shut up when they told him the track was slippery, like he did not know this LOL this was a driver concentrating on keeping the car on track and not wanting radio comms to tell him what he already knows.

He said no to when they asked if he wanted to go to inters, asked remember not told just asked. He said no as they had previously told him the rain would not get worse.

Really not hard to understand but you clearly have some issues.
    Forza Ferrari

but you clearly have some issues.
    Likewise.

Likewise.
    So when did he ignore a team order?
    Forza Ferrari

So when did he ignore a team order?
    Have a nice day Greig.

Have a nice day Greig.
    Forza Ferrari

1:30:54 LEC: “stop next lap”

LEC: “is the rain keep going”

box: “yes it will keep like this”

LEC: “wait… leave it for now” “stay out stay out”

box: “ok copy”

1:32:00 box: “ok to stay out if you can stay on track”

LEC: “(…) to go”

1:32:57 box: “first car with inters Verstappen … and 4 laps to go”

1:33:22 let: “we need to box guys I think”

box:”it’s 3 laps to go now”:

lec: “we need to box now (…)really, otherwise (unintillegible)

box: “copy box”

1:34:00 box:”and we expect the intensity to increase so box this lap”

lec: “copy” “have we lost everything?”

box: “no”

1:34:22 box: “if you think you can keep the car on track, it’s the best to stay out, if not, come in”

1:34:37 box: “and box now, box” (pit entrance line on the right)

lec: “no, no, if I can stay out… I’ll try to keep car on track (pit entrance already passed)

Lewis did ignore the first call to pit.

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post

1:34:22 box: “if you think you can keep the car on track, it’s the best to stay out, if not, come in”

lec: “no, no, if I can stay out… I’ll try to keep car on track (pit entrance already passed)
    Why is there no outrage over Norris not getting a penalty!!!

We intentionally follow the rules, which hurt our race, Norris doesn't, and gets away with it?

Why???? Because he cried???

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post

We intentionally follow the rules, which hurt our race, Norris doesn't, and gets away with it?

Maxi felt it was'nt intentional. It was a cause-and-effect issue due to the rain on the track and Norris's inability to control the car while entering the pits correctly because of the slick tires.

I guess someone will now say Leclerc ignored team order now also
    Forza Ferrari

Maxi felt it was'nt intentional. It was a cause-and-effect issue due to the rain on the track and Norris's inability to control the car while entering the pits correctly because of the slick tires.
    Ah yeah, Norris couldn't control the car. Must have been the wind.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post

To me he should have got a penalty. Other drivers on slicks made it into the pits without crossing the line. If Lando spun out in the pits and hit a mechanic, would they say it's okay just because of the conditions? There are many many cases of penalties being too harsh or hardly an infraction, but the FIA have always been strict with pit road violations. Seemed like a cut and dry penalty to me.

This sounds so "polictical." Of course everything went acccording to plan wih Sainz because HE CALLED IT on team radio before the pit box....So Carlos got the team ready. He became his own tire strategist when it started to rain.

It was "chaotic" with Leclec because WE(Ferrari) did'nt react quick enough to 1) bring him in after Sainz to double stack to change to inter's 2) Leclerc felt he could'nt come in because Sainz was in first.......really ????. Where's the confidence that Leclerc needed ot here like "BOX BOX BOX" immediately after Sainz.

Of course they will build and learn on the experienced gained today.........Ferrari needed to be pro-active instead of being reactive. You can build a better car but IF your pitwall is'nt up to snuff in moments like this, you're lacking when going up against Mercedes or RedBull in situations like this.
    If you look at Merc, both the driver (Lewis) and the team are confident enough to make strategy calls. They don't intimidate each other despite robust exchanges from time to time. Bottas on the other hand doesn't seem to have the same confidence as Lewis on calling strategy, as a result he doesn't enjoy the same strategy benefit as Lewis (putting aside the no. 1 driver dynamic which obviously is a factor).

Looking at Ferrari, I get the feeling the pit crew and the drivers don't have equal confidence. Leclerc had made his own calls in the past and this may have caused the team to be less confident in making calls and instead rest on their laurels and wait for the driver to call. This should not be the case. I saw a similar thing with McLaren and Lando where they asked him what he thinks about inters instead of telling him to box. Drivers are so high-profile in the sport that the pit wall are scared of them. Again, except at Merc and possibly Red Bull.

Whereas Leclerc seems more talented than Carlos, Carlos seems more level-headed than Leclerc, which is why he made the call earlier and better than Leclerc.

For Leclerc to say he couldn't come in because Sainz was coming in perhaps shows too much respect and tip-toeing between the drivers and not enough big-picture thinking. Imagine Max or Lewis or Alonso saying that. I certainly can't. In fact I don't think Sainz would have thought like that either. Leclerc should have insisted on coming in, but obviously whatever Ferrari are doing with their driver management led him to think he doesn't have the right to do that.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post

Thanks for this. I should have read it before writing my comment. Utter confusion.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

"SHUT UP " !!!

PS : Oh , and have a nice day