Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Turkish GP 2021 Race

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    And what exactly is your point? You wanted Charles to defy the laws of physics and lap faster with this graining tyres over those who already had their tyres under control? Laughable.
    No... I am saying that even though EVERYONE struggled with the inters after the pits, he did struggle the most (more than Hamilton, more than anyone and lost the most). That!s my point. Nobody else was driving in 1:37s and 1:38s, not even Hamilton who pitted later. And thanks to that he lost the podium.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Yeah...Lew was so much faster that he eventually finished the race 4 seconds behind Charles.

This is really isn't going anywhere.
    He was behind Charles the whole time, pitted later, cought him, them started to struggle when Charles had his tyres ok, but never was as slow, as Leclerc... It's all I am saying. You are just twisting it all. Have a nice day everyone,

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Ham should have gotten a penalty for forcing Perez off the track like that... Atleast a 5second penalty!

Just an fyi but Ocon went to the end of the race on the same tires.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by RicRac View Post
    Ham should have gotten a penalty for forcing Perez off the track like that... Atleast a 5second penalty!
    Lol ahah like the FIA/Stewards would ever penalize ham.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Reasonable from LEC as we were set up for dry conditions. If we ever build a fast car, he will blitz it; if we don't, another driver's career destroyed by Ferrari!

How was BOT 'Driver of the Day'? Donkey in fastest car and on pole.. SAI drove a blinder but hey, Ferrari are the bad guys!

#FormulaJ*

*J as in 'joke'.
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    Reasonable from LEC as we were set up for dry conditions. If we ever build a fast car, he will blitz it; if we don't, another driver's career destroyed by Ferrari!

How was BOT 'Driver of the Day'? Donkey in fastest car and on pole.. SAI drove a blinder but hey, Ferrari are the bad guys!

#FormulaJ*

*J as in 'joke'.
    Sainz was voted driver of the day.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    No... I am saying that even though EVERYONE struggled with the inters after the pits, he did struggle the most (more than Hamilton, more than anyone and lost the most). That!s my point. Nobody else was driving in 1:37s and 1:38s, not even Hamilton who pitted later. And thanks to that he lost the podium.
    How you compare absolute times from different cars with different downforce set up????!!!!!Lec struggled a bit more due his low dnf set up.But the thing is that more or less they ALL struggled for 3-4 laps or more but also on their 3d/4th lap on new inters. LEC also was quick on his 1st 2-3 laps but then the tires start grainning.Ham was also slow on his grainning laps.He was 2 secs slower then Gasly!!!!!
    The point is ,why you (and some other guys here), what to yell how bad the team or the drivers are??? Especially when you clearly see that almost all teams/drivers making the same mistakes from time to time???!!!!I never understood people who like bitching all the time about everything and their excuse is :Why we can't have an opinion about the team???
    The thing is that there is different thing to have an honest opinion and make constructive criticism ,from bitching miserable all the time !!!!!!!
    Last edited by PURE PASSION; 10th October 2021 at 16:58.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Just an fyi but Ocon went to the end of the race on the same tires.
    I saw Ocon's right front tire......jeezus....there's a hole right down to the carcass. I don't think Lewis would have made it to the end since his car is set-up differently to Ocons and Ocon's car was 3 to 4 seconds off the pace.

Mercedes should have pitted Lewis earlier to take into account the "graining" effect.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

C'mon guys, can't we just acknowledge that both Charles and Carlos drove excellent races under the circumstances and we got closer to Mclaren, we lost a possible podium due to leaving Charles out too long and mucked up Carlos's stop. Not sure if it was the pit wall or Charles who ultimately decided to pit but it should have happened earlier. Hindsight is always best but it was a big gamble, we still got good points and things are looking up but the pit wall need to be more proactive and reliable.

Okay, maybe Charles' pitstopstrategy was killing his race - and that's a shame. BUT: From the start to the pitstop he never lost Bottas and Verstappen out of his sight. His pace was very much the same as Verstappen's.
    Carlos came al the way from the back and had about the same pace.
    Shame about the strategy, but I feel positive.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Ok guys Istanbul is finished now we must look forward for USA ����. What’s very optimistic is this new power unit they work excellent.

We're major favourites to overhaul McLaren now either way. With this new engine we're simply faster than them at normal tracks. Hopefully we can deliver the knockout blow in Mexico and Brazil since the Mercedes engine will be a lot tamer at higher elevation.

Today it seemed that we could actually challenge even the big guns on race pace.

Charles was within 2s from Max for the first stint. Also he had a very low down force setup for a dry race...

I think looking back at the highlights now, if we pitted when Max did we would of got 3rd but we didn't know how quickly the inters would run out and we was caught between a slim chance of winning or settling for 3rd.

I echo the thoughts of others though in that we look like we have a good package now to go into these last 6 and we've made a step compared to McLaren. I think Austin will be similar to today but with Carlos qualifying higher up obviously. Maybe with some errors from those around us we can capitalise.

That mercedes doesn't have a weakness right now, so much faster in a straight line even with ridiculous levels of downforce. Was hoping Max might be favourite going into these last races, not sure now. Mexico with the altitude might be an equaliser but I don't see what part of a track Mercedes are weak at, even in slow corners if they exit onto a straight they just have this massive burst of speed in the initial acceleration.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Sainz was voted driver of the day.
    Yeah, I realise that now. But on Hamiltonvision, otherwise known as the BBC Sport website, it was BOT!

#LOLLOCKS
    Trying to be less angry..

Hi everybody,
    Charles did a great drive, one more time i would say
    In my opinion, the main question is why did he go for dry settings?
    It made him struggling in quali as in race (more than others to get tires temp for example)
    I can't understand the critics about his speed
    Coming from people on this forum is disappointing me
    We must be positive, we have the drivers, waiting for the car now

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Hi everybody,
    Charles did a great drive, one more time i would say
    In my opinion, the main question is why did he go for dry settings?
    It made him struggling in quali as in race (more than others to get tires temp for example)
    I can't understand the critics about his speed
    Coming from people on this forum is disappointing me
    We must be positive, we have the drivers, waiting for the car now
    +1, that's the right attitude, mon ami!

Bien dit et a toi aussi Wisepie !

Thanks guys
    If i can give you my feeling :
    Charles is our best catalyst to improve the whole team, because of his talent, his hard work, his modesty and his involvement into a team he love
    Last year i was pretty anxious, seeing him taking so many risks with that soap, for nuts
    I believe the technical follows the right direction now, but i'm not convicted yet about the team management so far :
    Why Charles this week seemed to be confident to have dry settings? Don't he have some engineers to tell him he had more to loose than to gain?
    He his a young driver, and need someone as a Briatore or a Brawn to help him, as far i saw, i'm not certain he's got this kind of support
    Also, i'm looking to CS declarations whit some fear, he seems not to have too much reserve (of course, it's a competitor)
    When he is in front of Charles, he says that it is the maximum to extract from the car (even if Charles had troubles)
    When he starts last for an engine change, he cry because he could be fighting for podium too instead of get last (that was not the same words with Charles two weeks before)
    There is several examples..., as in Monaco, Charles came to see Carlos on the podium, but Carlos had no many empathy for his pain, none after the quali, not so much more after the race
    He never support Charles when, due to safety cars, this one loose positions and an deserve advantage, but report how close he was to him at the end of the race...
    Today we ear about pilots who are rich's sons, it's not Charles's case, that's Jules Bianqui helped him
    As you have understand, i'm not so confident about SF's pilots management (remember SV, alone and without team support after his Germany mistake)
    Also each of you saw my avatar. Today, few remember, but SF had some responsibility whit his death (Mauro saying again today that he couldn't be champion, in one way i like the engineer, but it's so bad management side, and a shame to not shut up today)
    Charles is not that different, pure talent, so, i fear a little bit for him
    Last edited by Gilles; 11th October 2021 at 14:25.

Here we can see all lap times & the drop in performance with fresh tires :
    Attachment 7841
    Attachment 7838
    Last edited by Gilles; 11th October 2021 at 15:47.

The driver management at Ferrari has always been questionable with usually one driver favoured over another, whether it's justified or not. Charles' arrival will have destabilised Seb Vettel, some of the media are now suggesting that Carlos is the more complete driver and favoured by the engineers for his feedback. I hope this won't in turn destabilise Charles, who seems to be increasingly frustrated with his engineer's unclear decisions/instructions. Gilles was always going to be a WDC given the car and with Enzo's support, he had the team eating out of his hands, just like Michael. I agree that we need a stronger and more driver-orientated leader than Mattia Binotto, if only to look after that side of things, I assume that's why Laurent Mekies has been given that kind of role, but is it working? I would like to think that it's part of the building of a new team being gathered together to mount the challenge that we all know we must have if we are to compete on level terms with Merc/RB and even Mclaren.

Not sure about Gilles. He was very close with the mechanics for sure, but Mauro never like him. They told him to let Joddy win the championship, even if he was in the team before and also quicker on track. They promised to him that the year later would be his year, but the car wasn't able to win. The following year, they didn't do anything to prevent Pironi to stole his place even after team order. When he crashed, just the race after, he was angry and ran after Pironi lap time, without belts on him ... So i'm not sure they learned anything and i'm not so confident on this side, and when today i listen to Mauro, i'm sad

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    He was behind Charles the whole time, pitted later, cought him, them started to struggle when Charles had his tyres ok, but never was as slow, as Leclerc... It's all I am saying. You are just twisting it all. Have a nice day everyone,
    Well too bad for you, because none of your theories are backed up by any facts. And what's more, your own words don't make any sense. So according to you, Hamilton caught Charles but then started to struggle, but never as slow as Charley, so my question is, what exactly did you mean by that?

Leclerc pitted on lap 47, Hamilton on lap 50. The gap was 0.597 seconds on lap 52, but then Charles pulled away and the gap was 5.024 seconds on lap 57. See? Hamilton was much, much slower than Charles. There's nothing to twist here. It's you, who's doing all the twisting here with your logical fallacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Here we can see all lap times & the drop in performance with fresh tires :
    Attachment 7841
    Attachment 7838
    The gap between Max and Charles was only 1.5 seconds when Max pitted for the new intermediates on lap 36. Had Ferrari pitted Charles on the same lap or the lap before, there's nothing suggest that he wouldn't able to keep up with Max or even overtake him.

But oh well, what's done is done. Both Charles and Ferrari gambled for the win, which shows the hunger and the determination.

I agree, regarding the team building and its needs. I hope next year car to be closer to mercedes, not equal maybe, but close enought to allow both of our drivers to fight for wins. I trust Binottoto to be able to deliver that kind of car, even if i din't understood well what they did with the 2019 and 2020 ones. Ferrari used to be complex politicaly wise, and if not often mentioned, the death of SM hurt them a lot. Stability is not so easy at the scuderia. The great news for me is that they seems to be going in the right way with their tools, for the first time in yearS (one of the main reasons for their last years drop). People have to consider that they already made a great comeback from last year, whith calm and method, under Binotto leadership. This work already pay and we could expect good fights for the coming races, that's a big improvement. Hope this will give good time to everybody here, waiting for even better in...just 5 months from now

where do you guys get all this data?

I have F1TV and can look at live timing during events, but i'd like to be able to look at data after sessions. Specifically laptimes and speeds.

I found these on a forum that usually never publishes them. Otherwise, I often find some data here:
    https://scuderiafans.com/