Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2022 Pre-Season Testing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    He looked really worried in '20 and in '17 '18 '19 he wasn't gonna fired if he lost. Now he will.
    And replaced with who? JeanvTodt joined as manager in 1993 and didn't win until 1999 (constructors). Drivers title 2000 (8th season as manager).

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    And replaced with who? JeanvTodt joined as manager in 1993 and didn't win until 1999 (constructors). Drivers title 2000 (8th season as manager).
    Don't know who ,this is Elkanns job. But I have a strong feeling and the way I "read" things in the team is that when Binotto took charge (and Arrivabenes place ) he made a deal with Elkann that he will take a blank check and 3 year credit to put together the team as he wants to target the championship in 2022!!!!! I also have the feeling that 2019 s engine saga that lead us to or "punishment " in 2020 ,the deal with FIA was that we will look like we are punished but we actually gaining more wind tunnel- cfd time.
    So that's why I say that this year is make or break year for Binotto and "his" team /people. He had ALL the ingredients for 3 years to prepare for this year.He has NO excuses left.
    And from what I " read" in his and Mekies words at launch date, they know it too.
    If the fail to win this years championship thet will leave the team. And I don't think we will wait too long if we are quite behind in the 1st 2-3 races!!!

P.S Don't think that I don't like Binotto. I actually believe (or want to) in him and his "plan"!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    but you could see the progress from 1996 onwards.

Don't know who ,this is Elkanns job. But I have a strong feeling and the way I "read" things in the team is that when Binotto took charge (and Arrivabenes place ) he made a deal with Elkann that he will take a blank check and 3 year credit to put together the team as he wants to target the championship in 2022!!!!! I also have the feeling that 2019 s engine saga that lead us to or "punishment " in 2020 ,the deal with FIA was that we will look like we are punished but we actually gaining more wind tunnel- cfd time.
    So that's why I say that this year is make or break year for Binotto and "his" team /people. He had ALL the ingredients for 3 years to prepare for this year.He has NO excuses left.
    And from what I " read" in his and Mekies words at launch date, they know it too.
    If the fail to win this years championship thet will leave the team. And I don't think we will wait too long if we are quite behind in the 1st 2-3 races!!!

P.S Don't think that I don't like Binotto. I actually believe (or want to) in him and his "plan"!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    That's exactly the same situation now.
    As there was nothing to hope from the previous 2 years, but limited progress last year compared to 2020. The real game starts now, but I don't think anyone would be fired in some races if we don't dominate or at the end of the year if we don't win the championships. Things have been said, and my understanding is that the goal is to compete for wins this year, championships are no longer mandatory from the start of what must be the a winning cycle
    Last edited by Gilles; 4th March 2022 at 15:31.

Interesting theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    So took 3 years before even saw any progress. I personally saw alot of progress last season despite the limitations on what could be changed. I just do not see who could replace Binotto and Ferrari seem to be on an upward path. The culture of firing was a contributor to the lean spell of the 80's and early 90's and seemed to come back the past decade. I see progress under Binotto and would like to see this continue championship this year or not. As long as they are getting better.

Yes. Let's not judge on 1 season with new rules. Getting to the top is an progressive path. Let's see what they can get to before we tear it all down and start over.

Thursday 10th March 2022
    7:00am – 11:00am GMT
    12:00pm – 4:00pm GMT
    Friday 11th March 2022
    Saturday 12th March 2022

Oh Noo!! I thought tomorrow is going to be first day!

48 Hours to go!

I guess it will be daylight testing only. No sessions at the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Yes. Let's not judge on 1 season with new rules. Getting to the top is an progressive path. Let's see what they can get to before we tear it all down and start over.
    If Mercedes’ dominance continues and this turns into a 1 horse race again; it will be F1 that has failed not Ferrari.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Well let's hope that the FIA and formula1 do not fail and apply the new era to the letter of the regulations now in play.Failure to do so will be catastrophic for the sport and will highlight how much of a failed establishment it is,this is not an option.Fair play is afforded to all teams not just one,they spend millions of euros to compete and they expect a one rule fits all policy no matter the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    If Mercedes’ dominance continues and this turns into a 1 horse race again; it will be F1 that has failed not Ferrari.
    Seb @ R Bull 4x WDC , Merc with Luis. Now we have Max ! Lets hope this time around Ferrari will be the team.

With the history of Ferrari's strategy goofups, I don't think Ferrari has a Title shot this year also.

Wow your positivity overwhelmed me .Ferrari have a great chance sit back mr negative and enjoy the positive ride,iam sure you will get to enjoy it.Forza ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by mihirshah28186 View Post
    With the history of Ferrari's strategy goofups, I don't think Ferrari has a Title shot this year also.
    I disagree. How could you possibly know this ahead of any serious testing?

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by mihirshah28186 View Post
    I agree, their strategy weren't great last years, but it's even harder with bad cars. For this year, they only aim to win races, not title so far.
    Last edited by Gilles; 9th March 2022 at 20:28.

Please do not afford yourself any agony,and please do not watch any races,the ferrari goof ups and stuff ups will only drive you to despair so avoid all races at all cost.

Mercedes and the no side pods concept of radical fi car,my feeling is they could not settle on a design or had problems designing side pods that work with the current car so some genius said bugger it let's have none,it will be interesting to see if this blunder or wonder works.

Kaspersky no longer a partner of the Scuderia.

https://twitter.com/F1inGenerale_/st...374021/photo/2
    It's not how start but how you finish.

That Mercedes looks ugly

Quote Originally Posted by JacKy View Post
    That Mercedes looks ugly
    Unfortunately F1 is not beauty contest

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Why? If Ferrari or any other team is unable to adapt to fresh changes, why has F1 failed and not those teams?

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Why? If Ferrari or any other team is unable to adapt to fresh changes, why has F1 failed and not those teams?
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Unfortunately F1 is not beauty contest
    Hope it is not fast aswell

[AMuS]

Horner about the new Mercedes: "The new Mercedes violates the spirit of the regulations. For us, there are some parts that are not legal."

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Will be because he hates Lewis.
    Forza Ferrari

That Mercedes is bouncy.

#F1Testing
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!