Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2022 Pre-Season Testing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Riccardog View Post
    brundlefly just commented on the Ferrari colour - "that car looks glum, I know it's a darker red, but it's glum" WHAT THE F"£$%?

even the colour offends these *******s?
    Pathetic guy, as ever

Bundle is a ******.

That mercedes looks unfinished to me reminds me of pinoccio with no nose.

If this Mercedes formula works, they will be like SpaceX on straights, so much lesser drag. Wonder how they'll perform on medium-slow speed corners

CS is putting laps!

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    If this Mercedes formula works, they will be like SpaceX on straights, so much lesser drag. Wonder how they'll perform on medium-slow speed corners
    Not necessarily. While the frontal area should be significantly less than other teams, the sidepods don't appear like they would do much to control the wake off the front tires and aren't redirecting airflow away from the rear tires. The tires are the cause of the most drag on an F1 car. So far, all my readings of different simulations suggest Ferrari's design is one of the least draggy cars, especially around the rear wheels.

#AMuS "It's two worlds. The Ferrari looks huge against our car. But it's definitely fast. You could already see that during the tests in Barcelona," an engineer tells us.
    #AMuS The Ferrari still seems to be a little higher on the springs on the rear axle. This gives the F1-75 good traction out of slow corners. Apparently, Ferrari nevertheless manages to seal the underbody and thus effectively utilize the Venturi effect.
    #AMuS The Mercedes and the Ferrari could not be more different from each other. One has almost no sidepods, the other a very wide and long one with a huge dent in it.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

has pirelli posted the lap time difference expected for the compounds ? can anyone provide ?

Lock-ups into Turn 10 have been a theme for Lewis Hamilton this morning. The Mercedes has looked a handful at times through here #F1 #F1Testing https://t.co/f8SkLz7nEb
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

So they have an untested car witch appearto have a lot of troubles and they only have 2,5 days to make it ready for the 1st race!!!!! If they come up on top in Q3 ,I simply can't explain it!!! Just that somehow (legally or not I can't say since they can't prove illegal) they are YEARS ahead of everybody else in every erea (engine,chassis, aerodynamics etc) and they play with us all!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Mercedes up to their cheating ways again. nothing changes. :(

Hass : "logistical issues with their cargo prevented them from taking part on Thursday morning in Bahrain. They are still expected to join the fun this afternoon"
    Ross Brawn: “There is no doubt that the Mercedes concept is something we didn’t anticipate. It’s a very extreme interpretation of the regulations and inevitably there is going to be a lot of debate.”
    Max Verstappen posted a 1:28.960 during testing at Bahrain in 2021
    Hass recovered it's traditional livery
    Ferrari use Barcelona's engines for reliability evaluation
    Last edited by Gilles; 10th March 2022 at 11:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Hass : "logistical issues with their cargo prevented them from taking part on Thursday morning in Bahrain. They are still expected to join the fun this afternoon"
    HAAS gets to practice on Sunday due to logistical issues.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

It's not how start but how you finish.

I’ve no problem with no pod, narrow pod, wide pod, even if Toto wears mankini, as long as it is SF 1-2 all seasons

Quote Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
    Mercedes up to their cheating ways again. nothing changes. :(
    Binotto said its legal. But he suggested that they should talk about mirrors.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    So they have an untested car witch appearto have a lot of troubles and they only have 2,5 days to make it ready for the 1st race!!!!! If they come up on top in Q3 ,I simply can't explain it!!! Just that somehow (legally or not I can't say since they can't prove illegal) they are YEARS ahead of everybody else in every erea (engine,chassis, aerodynamics etc) and they play with us all!!!
    It's Mercedes. If there's a performance boost from this they will fix it. There's no doubt.

Haas straight down to business this afternoon with Fittipaldi. Lots of time to make up - Toto Wolff seemed to be against it getting a morning of running on Sunday…

Toto and McLaren against Haas getting more time on Sunday. How pathetic..

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Haas straight down to business this afternoon with Fittipaldi. Lots of time to make up - Toto Wolff seemed to be against it getting a morning of running on Sunday…

Toto and McLaren against Haas getting more time on Sunday. How pathetic..
    Don't judge them, their hotel is near the track, they just need to sleep

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Why? If Ferrari or any other team is unable to adapt to fresh changes, why has F1 failed and not those teams?
    When the rules only allow for one team to be successful over 8 years, and a potentially the next 4, F1 has failed. Everyone rags on for Ferrari for being failures, however not one other team has gotten a sniff of Mercedes except for RB last year. Even then, they needed help from some grey area decisions in the last race. Is it really possible that 9 other teams with hundreds of engineers cannot figure out how to get close to Merc? Yes, F1 has always been about only 3-4 out of 10 teams being contenders, however there has only been 1 team contending for 7 of the last 8 years. That is not a sport, nor a competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Will be because he hates Lewis.
    Yes, my dislike for Lewis is not news around here. Much like you being the president of his fan club. Nothing would make me happier than for him to never win another race again, however, this has nothing to do with him. Merc is allowed different freedoms than other teams and given different opportunities. I am fed up with only 1 team winning races and if we have to watch that same team win every race for the next 4 years F1 is finished. I do not care which team or driver anyone cheers for, but how could anyone be happy if its 2014 all over again and Merc is only fighting themselves?

I will wait until Q3 to judge our performance vs Mercedes and Redbull. If Merc has a 1-1.5 second advantage and the regs are locked in again F1 will have failed its fans. (Except for Hams fanboys of course).
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Will Lewis be the one to beat this year again?

Max: "I don‘t think so, Ferrari also looks strong this year, at least now in the tests. It is difficult to judge the others. Some teams still get some upgrades before the first race."

Will it be a three-way fight? Mercedes vs Ferrari vs Red Bull?

Max: "It‘s difficult to say. So far Ferrari looks strong. Mercedes will always be there. For us it looks positive.
    "
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

No one was talking about Redbull upgrades, did they bring anything?

Quote Originally Posted by speedmaster View Post
    No one was talking about Redbull upgrades, did they bring anything?
    DAY 2 & 3
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Hearing someone on the Ferrari side (on the updated W13) says it's clearly extreme, but that they somehow thought of that direction at the time, discarding it, preferring the potential of what they produced.
    It's not something he scared.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    When the rules only allow for one team to be successful over 8 years, and a potentially the next 4, F1 has failed. Everyone rags on for Ferrari for being failures, however not one other team has gotten a sniff of Mercedes except for RB last year. Even then, they needed help from some grey area decisions in the last race. Is it really possible that 9 other teams with hundreds of engineers cannot figure out how to get close to Merc? Yes, F1 has always been about only 3-4 out of 10 teams being contenders, however there has only been 1 team contending for 7 of the last 8 years. That is not a sport, nor a competition.

Yes, my dislike for Lewis is not news around here. Much like you being the president of his fan club. Nothing would make me happier than for him to never win another race again, however, this has nothing to do with him. Merc is allowed different freedoms than other teams and given different opportunities. I am fed up with only 1 team winning races and if we have to watch that same team win every race for the next 4 years F1 is finished. I do not care which team or driver anyone cheers for, but how could anyone be happy if its 2014 all over again and Merc is only fighting themselves?

I will wait until Q3 to judge our performance vs Mercedes and Redbull. If Merc has a 1-1.5 second advantage and the regs are locked in again F1 will have failed its fans. (Except for Hams fanboys of course).

I get tired of your stupid allegations.
    Forza Ferrari

Its amazing that with such prescriptive regulations Mercedes still came up with a such unique solution compared to everyone else. Even Brawn said they never anticipated this extreme design when creating the new rules. Isn’t it amazing to see that it is always Mercedes that comes up with the best solution and the one that is not even anticipated by rule makers? And eventually that solution always gets a green light from the FIA. Is it just a coincidence, does Mercedes have the brain power that no one else has? Or it is something else? Again, 9 other teams with hundreds of engineers and not one came up with this solution. Very interesting. It is also interesting that in a budget cap era, they can somehow build one car for the release date, a completely different car for the first test and another completely different car for test 2. Will Merc change LuLu and Geroge’s engine every race this year and run at fully party mode all the time? Afterall, their budget seems endless.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post

I get tired of your stupid allegations.
    You can like Ferrari and still like Hamilton right? You probably dream of him coming here every day. You are the first to defend his every move. I get tired of you protecting him on a Ferrari forum.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

You can like Ferrari and still like Hamilton right? You probably dream of him coming here every day. You are the first to defend his every move. I get tired of you protecting him on a Ferrari forum.
    Show me some quotes of me defending him? As I said you are tiring with lies about me....

Is this a Ferrari forum, wow never realised that...again show me some of these defending Lewis comments I make....
    Forza Ferrari

Its amazing that with such prescriptive regulations Mercedes still came up with a such unique solution compared to everyone else. Even Brawn said they never anticipated this extreme design when creating the new rules. Isn’t it amazing to see that it is always Mercedes that comes up with the best solution and the one that is not even anticipated by rule makers? And eventually that solution always gets a green light from the FIA. Is it just a coincidence, does Mercedes have the brain power that no one else has? Or it is something else? Again, 9 other teams with hundreds of engineers and not one came up with this solution. Very interesting. It is also interesting that in a budget cap era, they can somehow build one car for the release date, a completely different car for the first test and another completely different car for test 2. Will Merc change LuLu and Geroge’s engine every race this year and run at fully party mode all the time? Afterall, their budget seems endless.
    So you have decided it's already the best solution? Yet we have Ferrari saying they looked at similar and dismissed it...

We don't see anyone coming up with the solution Ferrari have done, so why is it so angering you that nobody has went with what Mercedes have done?
    Forza Ferrari