Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2022 Pre-Season Testing Thread

I am awaiting news about cancelation of Russia GP any day. If not, I am canceling my F1 subscription. Sure, I am just 1 guy, so they won't even notice that, but that's all I can do.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    If you want predictions:
    I would pay a hell of lot attention to McLaren
    Sorry but not so evident for me : they still have a wind tunnel not at the best level, even if they have clever people, it would be hard for them to do miracles with it

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    Well said. Let's see how Sir Lewis of Hamilton deals with this one. As least Seb has said his piece..
    What did Seb say?

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    What did Seb say?
    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/v...asion/8458166/

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Good on Seb. Doing the right thing isn't always pleasant.

Good on Seb. Doing the right thing isn't always pleasant.
    Uefa set to move Champions League final away from Russia
    and
    Verstappen doesn't want a Grand Prix in Russia: 'Not right to race there'

hopefully our drivers will voice an opinion too....

Leclerc now goes quickest. Outlets quick to tell us it's still slower than Norris time yesterday but left out which compound Lando set his time on and how old his tyres were..

We all know that you can be super quick in testing and have a poor season and vice versa.. at least our car is both quick out of the box and reliable so far.

I'm sure both Mercedes and RB will soon be up to speed but promising signs for the Scuderia...
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    Leclerc now goes quickest. Outlets quick to tell us it's still slower than Norris time yesterday but left out which compound Lando set his time on and how old his tyres were..
    Norris did it on C4 yesterday, Lec is on C3. Don't know in what stints they did it.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Norris did it on C4 yesterday, Lec is on C3. Don't know in what stints they did it.
    Yeah I know. Just always feel like they are quick to knock us down a peg or two but omit information at the other end to suit their agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    I am awaiting news about cancelation of Russia GP any day. If not, I am canceling my F1 subscription. Sure, I am just 1 guy, so they won't even notice that, but that's all I can do.
    I don't see anyone in F1 would intentionally go to a country that's waging war, and being openly hostile and threatening.
    I'd imagine all teams would boycott if the sport insist to proceed there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I don't see anyone in F1 would intentionally go to a country that's waging war, and being openly hostile and threatening.
    They go to China don't they? They have been threatening to invade Taiwan for decades and look what they did to Hong Kong...

F1 intentionally goes to terrible countries all the time. Do you want to peruse the list of human rights violations in Qatar? Didn't stop F1. Hypocrisy is the #1 rule of F1

They go to China don't they? They have been threatening to invade Taiwan for decades and look what they did to Hong Kong...

F1 intentionally goes to terrible countries all the time. Do you want to peruse the list of human rights violations in Qatar? Didn't stop F1. Hypocrisy is the #1 rule of F1
    Qatar - the 'front' for Islamist terror groups, Saudi Arabia - well, need I say more? China, as you say! Still, money talks.

After all Sir Lewis Hamilton's particular virtue-signalling, odd he has nothing to say about these countries! We await his thoughts on Russia's invasion of Ukraine with interest..
    Trying to be less angry..

Qatar - the 'front' for Islamist terror groups, Saudi Arabia - well, need I say more? China, as you say! Still, money talks.

After all Sir Lewis Hamilton's particular virtue-signalling, odd he has nothing to say about these countries! We await his thoughts on Russia's invasion of Ukraine with interest..
    Hypocrite

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post

The FIA will hold a meeting tonight with the teams to discuss the RussianGP.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

DELETED
    Last edited by Tony; 24th February 2022 at 16:54.

DELETED

Another strong performance at sector 3 from Leclerc.

I’m telling you guys , this is only thing i am looking up to. Looks very promising.

DELETED

Guys it's enough!
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

C'mon boys, this is the pre-season testing thread, not a political free for all, Ferrari on top is a great morale-booster and I know it's only testing but let's not have WW3 discussions on here just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    DELETED
    I agree that the testing thread should not be the place for political or world event discussion.

But leave it to you to bring up your discrimination and hate against Americans. Interesting you ignore anyone else's input on the subject as long as they don't reside from the USA.

Back on topic, it will be interesting what teams do to counter the porpoising effect. Ideally a team will find a way to bleed off the load at max speed, but not sure how to legally do that. Stiffer spring rates will make the already super stiff cars unforgiving, and raising the ride heights could significantly reduce performance in every corner.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by From Treviso View Post
    "Also suspensions are much more simple this year and are stiffer so cannot ride the Kerbs" - no, the tyres are stiffer due to the very low profile, which now means that the suspension has to be softly sprung and to have more compliance. Note that there's more unsprung weight due to the larger rims, which means some added stiffness to the suspension is required to counteract the extra mass when hitting bumps and kerbs - but overall, still much softer than when with the fat tyres of the past.
    I see it that you need stiffer suspension to keep consistent ride height. Many articles around stating suspensions this year are super stiff compared to last year. With ground effects suspensions used to be much harder, apparently in 1979 Ligier had springs at 4000ibs per sq inch.

Quote Originally Posted by scudieros View Post
    Grazie for the link, fratello!

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    And apparently Ferrari and McLaren both suffered the least from this phenomenon... it must be hell to drive the RB or the Mercedes lol...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...