Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Bahrain Grand Prix Thread (Practice & Qualifying)

A nation will pause as they watch the sf 75 take to the race track,no pressure.It amazes me how red fools and mad mercedes have created this warning hysteria about ferrari.No its redbull and mercedes then ferrari for now.Expect the unexpected,a new sherrif will be in town.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Both Charles and Carlos: "Yes, we are aiming for the victory this weekend."

#BahrainGP #SkyItalia
    If you’re not aiming for victory you may as well not show up.

Go for the throat take no prisoners a ferrari victory or nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Ferrari 1-2 not too fussed about the driver order

New intro for 2022 season
    https://youtu.be/s5VCm-YxrKQ

Today our ascension to the top begins

#AMus: The Mercedes engineers are working on adjusting the car so that it comes into its aero window with a lot downforce without porpoising. Figures are circulating in the paddock that Mercedes might have found about a second with its new concept compared to the old one.
    It is questionable whether Mercedes can get the porpoising under control without additional slots and holes in the floor. And that would cost lap time. In any case, Mercedes has not yet proved that its concept is the most promising. Nevertheless, the competition is worried.

In the paddock, no one wants to make a real judgement on the W13. Many believe that Mercedes hide the true potential during testing. One team calculated that Mercedes has one second in their hand with just engine power alone. The team saw in the GPS data of Williams.

#AMus: reports that Red Bull has reduced the weight of the RB18. The car is still above the minimum weight but rumors say that the current weight reduction could give them two or three tenths per lap.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    #AMus: reports that Red Bull has reduced the weight of the RB18. The car is still above the minimum weight but rumors say that the current weight reduction could give them two or three tenths per lap.
    2 or 3 tenths represent 6 to 10kg on this track. it seems to me to be a lot of mass gain and close to the excess mass they had at the start

2-3 tenths? Was the car 25 kilos heavy or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    2 or 3 tenths represent 6 to 10kg on this track. it seems to me to be a lot of mass gain and close to the excess mass they had at the start
    I thought 10 kilos was worth around 3 tenths when the cars were under 700 kg?

Many believe that Mercedes hide the true potential during testing. One team calculated that Mercedes has one second in their hand with just engine power alone. The team saw in the GPS data of Williams.
    Impossible. Tifosi1993 said Mercedes were barely holding back.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    It's not how start but how you finish.

#AMus: The Mercedes engineers are working on adjusting the car so that it comes into its aero window with a lot downforce without porpoising. Figures are circulating in the paddock that Mercedes might have found about a second with its new concept compared to the old one.
    It is questionable whether Mercedes can get the porpoising under control without additional slots and holes in the floor. And that would cost lap time. In any case, Mercedes has not yet proved that its concept is the most promising. Nevertheless, the competition is worried.

In the paddock, no one wants to make a real judgement on the W13. Many believe that Mercedes hide the true potential during testing. One team calculated that Mercedes has one second in their hand with just engine power alone. The team saw in the GPS data of Williams.
    I not sure the teams are really afraid of Mercedes' concept, maybe more generally by Mercedes ability to deliver a fast car.
    It seems that Ferrari can also gain 1 second with their PU relatively to the tests.
    Mercedes will progress in terms of porpoising, on this race and the following ones, and therefore gain in speed. They were behind a week ago, no doubt they will have already made progress, let's see how much
    In this season's beginning, the first big gains are in recover what everyone lost in compromising floor work to escape porpoising. Mercedes is late, but it might not last very long

I thought 10 kilos was worth around 3 tenths when the cars were under 700 kg?
    From for formu1a.uno : "The 46 kg or more weight gain between the current and last season's cars at the Sahkir circuit is worth over 1.5 seconds"

Another idiotic post. I've said both Ferrari and Mercedes are holding back while Red Bull turned up the power. But since your mind so intertwined with the thoughts of Red Bull, Max and Newey, you can't even read properly.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Is SS454 going to train you up to be more functional?

I not sure the teams are really afraid of Mercedes' concept, maybe more generally by Mercedes ability to deliver a fast car.
    It seems that Ferrari can also gain 1 second with their PU relatively to the tests.
    Mercedes will progress in terms of porpoising, on this race and the following ones, and therefore gain in speed. They were behind a week ago, no doubt they will have already made progress, let's see how much
    In this season's beginning, the first big gains are in recover what everyone lost in compromising floor work to escape porpoising. Mercedes is late, but it might not last very long
    It’s general update post from me.

If Mercs can find such gain, then ferrari too can. Hence I’m expecting ferrari to be super strong, if any below than that I’ll be disappointed. Because you sacrificed 2 years just for this change to bounce back strong.

On the other side, if we get behind Mercs & RB it’s very difficult to catch them again. So fingers crossed, hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Another idiotic post. I've said both Ferrari and Mercedes are holding back while Red Bull turned up the power. But since your mind so intertwined with the thoughts of Red Bull, Max and Newey, you can't even read properly.
    I recall you saying that Red Bull were almost running Q3 engine modes, Mercedes not that high, and Ferrari WAY reduced. I asked based on what findings, you refused to reply, which was no shock at all. Now the paddock rumors are Mercedes were massively holding back. Time will tell, I sure hope you were right, but how often is that the case?

Not long now. Forza Ferrari!

From for formu1a.uno : "The 46 kg or more weight gain between the current and last season's cars at the Sahkir circuit is worth over 1.5 seconds"
    Very interesting. Seems high, though I'm sure that changes per track. In 2005 when Q1 was ran with empty tanks and Q2 was ran with race fuel, Alonso was 2.1 seconds slower with 23 laps of fuel onboard. Though Q2 was ran on a different day, and I'm sure they didn't use as much fuel in the race. But 23 laps of fuel was surely over 46 kg, in a car that weighed only 600 kg.

So ,from all the experts in this forum, have we won the championship or we end up 3d/4th.
    I'm asking to see if it's worth to see the race or go for a walk???!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

So ,from all the experts in this forum, have we won the championship or we end up 3d/4th.
    See the first 5 races, if you're not satisfied with the results then I suggest go for a walk.

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    See the first 5 races, if you're not satisfied with the results then I suggest go for a walk.
    Still there is next season.

#AMus: Teams have submitted technical info about their cars & the planned Bahrain upgrades to the FIA. The document has now been released to the media. Mercedes clearly put the most effort into it. Alpha Tauri, Williams & Haas are helpful too. The rest is more or less useless.

Mercedes modifications for race 1: front wing (flaps), nose (more undercut), floor (edge ahead of rear tyre), rear break ducts (lower deflector endplate).

experts?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    experts?
    Figure of speech......he's joking.

It’s general update post from me.

If Mercs can find such gain, then ferrari too can. Hence I’m expecting ferrari to be super strong, if any below than that I’ll be disappointed. Because you sacrificed 2 years just for this change to bounce back strong.

On the other side, if we get behind Mercs & RB it’s very difficult to catch them again. So fingers crossed, hope for the best.
    This gain is about the porpoise resolution, Ferrari had recovered more than Mercedes, so Mercedes should recover more than Ferrari, just logical. This does not prevent Ferrari from keeping ahead by working before Mercedes on the next subject, which is the undertseer one. Nothing is lost. And if even Ferrari were slower at the start of the season than some rivals, I really don't see why they couldn't catch up.
    Last edited by Gilles; 18th March 2022 at 10:50.

Still there is next season.
    aaaahhhh yes, the ever illustrious "next season" hopes.