Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Bahrain Grand Prix Thread (Practice & Qualifying)

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    They're saying that the mini- upgrades they brought here (bottom etc) doesn't work, so they will drop them.
    There also rumors that they are even talking about returning to Barcelona spec and drop zero-pod concept because they can't find a way to make it work. But I really don't think they will go that far.
    Mercedes is in trouble IMO. Like I said earlier, they look bewildered. I did'nt think they would fix their porpoising issues in a week after testing.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    There some "whispers " that we actually have something more engine wise from Max-RedBull/Honda. But we will only figure it out tomorrow in Q3!!
    EXACTLY!!!!.....BINGO!!!!!

At worst I believe we are the second fastest team behind RB, which I don't like at all

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    At worst I believe we are the second fastest team behind RB, which I don't like at all
    That's what the pundits are saying, but we won't know for sure until tomorrow during Qualifying.

I really really hope either Leclerc or Sainz pulls ahead of Max for the P1 position.......but I remain reserved.

If you ask me it's pretty close and as it is now it really looks like Max VS Lec. I'm not at all confident that we will come on top .Max is also there and he also seems to put very good laps at ease qualy and race mode !!!! Right now I think that Max will be P1 for 0,1/0,2. But if we actually have a bit more from the engine (more from Honda) then it could turn the order and Lec take P1.
    It's a bit encouraging that we came this close with pretty much the launch spec. And according to Binotto we have focus on in season developments . So this is pretty good!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Hamilton top speed was 289kph. They are still sandbagging and they are absolutely pathetic for it.

Some conclusions
    1.We dont know engine modes or fuel loads
    2.Ferrari and Red Bull the most easy cars to drive
    3.Ferrari powered cars are up there so thats something quite encouraging.
    4.Mercedes looks to struggle in real.
    5.Porpoising is still there for everybody.
    6.It looks quite difficult for Mclaren and Aston Martin,quite well for Alpha Tauri and Alpine.

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    Hamilton top speed was 289kph. They are still sandbagging and they are absolutely pathetic for it.
    Maybe they can not/will not go faster because of the proposing issues

Ferrari have more up there sleeve 100% no need to show off just yet,yes definitely a red bull vs ferrari sandwich coming it called a Charles and sainz combo with fries.

This is my opinion but if they went any faster, the porpoising affect gets exacerbated even further.....so the W13 is limited on top speed down the straights.

Mercedes will eventually figure this out in 2 to 3 races.

Russell got 307 though. Only a few kph away from us

agreed.

Russell got 307 though. Only a few kph away from us
    Maybe he's on higher engine mode............

There is no reason at this point for sandbagging.
    They are actively trying to find a set up that works for him and fails. If everything else fails they will have to resort into giving him the setup George has found , that is if that setup is better than the one he has at this point.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

They are actively trying to find a set up that works for him and fails. If everything else fails they will have to resort into giving him the setup George has found , that is if that setup is better than the one he has at this point.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    +1.......good point.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    That's what the pundits are saying, but we won't know for sure until tomorrow during Qualifying.

I really really hope either Leclerc or Sainz pulls ahead of Max for the P1 position.......but I remain reserved.
    We won’t know until the real race(s) IMO.
    And those ‘pundits’ who previously praised Merc’s design so much and how ‘strange’ our cars are, turn out to be not-so expert in analyzing our aero design.

Quote Originally Posted by paneristi View Post
    And those ‘pundits’ who previously praised Merc’s design so much and how ‘strange’ our cars are, turn out to be not-so expert in analyzing our aero design.
    Agreed, qualifying is one thing but race pace is completely different.

These pundits or so called "experts" are riding the Mercedes/Lewis bandwagon. ALL have been sucking that pacifier for the last 8 years.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Ferrari have more up there sleeve 100% no need to show off just yet,yes definitely a red bull vs ferrari sandwich coming it called a Charles and sainz combo with fries.
    I'm hungry now.....going to get something to eat. Nice post btw and I hope your right.

thx for the pictures.....our car is so darn beautiful.....and fast i might say....
    we'll see how quick it goes tomrrow in Q3 when when we crank up the PARTY MODE....

Quote Originally Posted by paneristi View Post
    In analysing anything

Very encouraging FP1/2 for both drivers and the F1-75 looks to be pretty promising, but despite the coloured line on the front wheel shields (white for Charles/yellow for Carlos), I still wish we could have the white numbers back, the darker matt red and black numbers makes it harder to identify them on track. Hope the rest of the weekend goes our way.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Negative. I just find it interesting that you and ONLY YOU can surmise that Max is supposedly (according to you) running on a higher engine mode than Perez because AGAIN according to you "There's no way he's nearly 7 tenths faster than Perez in the sector 1 which has only 2 corners and 2 long straights."

You're the only one talking about engine modes when NO ONE knows about what engine modes ANYONE is running except the teams.

Is it possible that Perez is running a higher fuel load than Max????

Is it also possible that Max is just outperforming Perez???
    to my humble opinion i am considering 4 scenarios:

1) they have a more powerful engine
    2) they have less drag
    3) we are indeed running in a lower engine mode as mentioned on the above posts
    4) i have read somewhere that they managed drop some kg from the car since Bahrain test so there is the possibility they are just lighter

point 1 will be worrying, point 3 will be encouraging, points 2 and 4 i wont worry too much, as they are relatively an "easier" fix.

in order to check the engines we have to access to GPS data from each one's Q3 fastest lap. more details will emerge coming into the first 4-5 races mark, so anything said at this point is just hypothetical.

As already said, they are clowns. They are clowns, supporting arguments, but when the deal changes, they are naked. As already said, they will now explain to us with cheek the opposite of what they said before. As long as we're dumb enough to give them importance, they'll keep their place under the sun.
    it almost makes me want to put the sound back on sky for the next race, just to hear some of them sink into their stupidity
    Last edited by Gilles; 18th March 2022 at 18:11.

Quote Originally Posted by subfire91 View Post
    to my humble opinion i am considering 4 scenarios:

1) they have a more powerful engine
    2) they have less drag
    3) we are indeed running in a lower engine mode as mentioned on the above posts
    4) i have read somewhere that they managed drop some kg from the car since Bahrain test so there is the possibility they are just lighter

point 1 will be worrying, point 3 will be encouraging, points 2 and 4 i wont worry too much, as they are relatively an "easier" fix.

in order to check the engines we have to access to GPS data from each one's Q3 fastest lap. more details will emerge coming into the first 4-5 races mark, so anything said at this point is just hypothetical.
    Understood and great post. You are correct on post 4 but I honestly don't know how many kg they dropped from tests to Bahrain to make a comparison but you are correct that they are lighter.

RedBull have also introduced a suspension to counter the porpoising effect and both Max and Checo have these suspesions on their cars currently.

Attachment 7988

As i said , looks like Max is in front ,both qualy and race pace.BUT Lec is very close behind and if tomorrow we can make (from engine,bit better set up?) a small step forward compare to Max, then he will be on top again both qualy and the race.
    According to both Lec and Binnoto ,indeed we have some pace reserved , the question is how much is this compare to RedBulls
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Does anyone use F1TV Pro to watch the F1? I just finished the practices (had to stay late at work) and there was just an official F1 comentary with no option to chose SkyF1 which was the comentary used in recent years. Is there a way or did they drop it? I am freaking furios right now.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Does anyone use F1TV Pro to watch the F1? I just finished the practices (had to stay late at work) and there was just an official F1 comentary with no option to chose SkyF1 which was the comentary used in recent years. Is there a way or did they drop it? I am freaking furios right now.
    I use F1TV Pro, it defaults to their own commentary, they seem to have dropped the pit lane channel. Sky is under the international coverage option, there are buttons on the right hand side you want to pick the 2nd from the top for Sky.Screenshot from 2022-03-18 19-25-28.png

Qualifying is important.
    But race pace is even more important as is tyre degradation.
    So, a front row start is great but it's only that, a start. So, let's see.
    I am cautiously optimistic