Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324

Thread: 2022 Bahrain Grand Prix Thread (Practice & Qualifying)

Quote Originally Posted by JacKy View Post
    Attachment 7994

Here you can see , RB doesnt even using 8th gear on middle Sector’s Straight ( before t11 )

And despite we have had shorter gear ratio , RB does reaches higher RPM at 8th gear on main Straight. I guess they’re running lower downforce setup. Doesnt make sense otherwise.
    I did caculations, we use shorter gear ratios mainly on the lower ones. The 8th gear ratio is near the same
    Also, it seems Leclerc changes gears at lower Rpm
    Maybe we use more rear wing(s), don't forget the beam one, like it was part of our car's concept, need more time and tracks to really understand

Got this picture yesterday from a friend, and my God she is right! Look at how Mercedes is UGLY! Like, with no offense to persons, cripple!

Attachment 7995

Quote Originally Posted by SFTifoso View Post
    Charles had a moment in turn 13. Lost about 0.1 secs, and then gained it all back on the penultimate straight, then through the last turn, and on the main straight. Our PU and the cars ability to put power to the ground is very very good.
    I inferred differently from the video...on all straights where DRS is used, VES gains a lot in the latter section of straight and has good top speeds. On the penultimate straight there is no DRS.. and over there LEC was clearly faster then VES all throughout the straight.

Quote Originally Posted by paneristi View Post
    All of a sudden these people have a problem with Haas. Laughable!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Leclerc gains in S2 but Max is still ahead....until the last turn and Leclerc pulls ahead Max.

Leclerc Vs Verstappen | Side-By-Side Qualifying Comparison | 2022 Bahrain Grand Prix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe8ucnyNUgs
    I saw an interesting phenomenon: wherever DRS zones are there RB has significantly higher Topspeed compared to Ferrari. But on the penultimate straight where there is no DRS zone, the top speeds are comparable..infact Ferrari is slightly ahead. Could be that our DRS is less effective??

Quote Originally Posted by gump1480 View Post
    I saw an interesting phenomenon: wherever DRS zones are there RB has significantly higher Topspeed compared to Ferrari. But on the penultimate straight where there is no DRS zone, the top speeds are comparable..infact Ferrari is slightly ahead. Could be that our DRS is less effective??
    Could be a number of things...more wing, more drag, the way we have our gear ratio set up....but hey I’m not an expert...I’m sure Ferrari know better than all of us....the important thing is that we’re fast over the whole lap

Quote Originally Posted by JacKy View Post
    Attachment 7994

Here you can see , RB doesnt even using 8th gear on middle Sector’s Straight ( before t11 )

And despite we have had shorter gear ratio , RB does reaches higher RPM at 8th gear on main Straight. I guess they’re running lower downforce setup. Doesnt make sense otherwise.
    Could make sense, RB longer geared but their 8th is shorter than Ferraris, just means Ferrari have a larger gap between 7th and 8th gears. At the next race Ferrari may well use more battery in the engine map between 7th and 8th as a torque fill so their acceleration does not suffer.

Edit: wrong thread :D
    Last edited by patrese86; 20th March 2022 at 17:41.

Quote Originally Posted by paneristi View Post
    The care barely resembles the Ferrari. The AlphaTauri is far closer to Red Bull than Haas is to Ferrari.