Thread: 2022 Bahrain Grand Prix Race Thread - Ferrari 1-2

I think we will be quite strong in Saudi

Man, do I hope this is true!

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    How was Hamilton able to follow Sainz for so long and then drop off the face of the earth over 15-20 laps other than the formula allowing him to be pulled along artificially? Unless you think it was on race pace that Hamilton was matching Sainz? I guess Hamilton is such a God that he can make up for a 0.7 second/lap deficit
    Is this you explaining how this formula helps slower cars stay with faster cars? Lol.

So how did he drop off the face of the earth, did the FIA suddenly switch off the formula?
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    �� | Ferrari put their engine in conservative mode at the #BahrainGp.

The team wants to gradually increase the power to study the reliability.

Source ✍️: (@CorSport)
    Our turn!
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Is this you explaining how this formula helps slower cars stay with faster cars? Lol.

So how did he drop off the face of the earth, did the FIA suddenly switch off the formula?
    Tire wear... that's how he dropped back out of the window 1 second window. He didn't magically gain or lose speed lmao
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

I'm assuming that they were conservative with the power levels during the race only, and not during qualifying. However, I hope they did hold back, but still very happy for them to be in this position and Mercedes to be on the back foot.

What goes around comes around its a universal rule now its mercedes turn to dig them selves out of this hole,the experience will do them the world of good no doubt.

Ferrari F1 Bahrain - Leclerc, technical problems during the duel with Verstappen
    https://www.newsf1.it/ferrari-f1-bah...on-verstappen/

Leclerc's Duel With Verstappen | Jolyon Palmer's F1 TV Analysis | 2022 Bahrain Grand Prix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUK7_qRuroM
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Ferrari F1 Bahrain - Leclerc, technical problems during the duel with Verstappen
    Thanks for this.

wow, so his duel with max was even better than we thought. Nice to see also that the pitwall is ready to suggest a fix for that issue quickly. Impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    I'm not so sure. Leclerc himself said after the race that he was recharging on purpose so he can attack on the exit, and the reason he got away after the third duel is because Max locked up and fell behind. So I'm seriously doubting this article.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Tire wear... that's how he dropped back out of the window 1 second window. He didn't magically gain or lose speed lmao
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    I think we will be quite strong in Saudi
    Judging from this https://youtu.be/9RME6YkiVPw , I should agree with you. Combine this with ‘22 tire/car character, and we’ll get the better picture.

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    I'm not so sure. Leclerc himself said after the race that he was recharging on purpose so he can attack on the exit, and the reason he got away after the third duel is because Max locked up and fell behind. So I'm seriously doubting this article.
    Will this convince you more?
    https://f1ingenerale.com/f1-gp-bahra...on-verstappen/

Leclerc himself said he had issue a few laps :
    "....And it was always also very tricky because I was struggling quite a lot with my energy and had to manage that too. But then after the third lap (after pitstop), I think I was in a better window with it and could push again and manage to have a bit of margin to manage my race"

Sorry but have no time to look back but someone here already mentioned how a way should be found to polarize or blank out the screen on our steering wheel
    as that data could be crucial to the competition during races and even in post-race analytical circumstsnces.

Gp Gedda, Ferrari. Leclerc and the "poor seagull": "That's why I said it on the radio, now let's push harder"

The Red Sea is swollen with waves, strong winds blow, birds draw parables in the sky. A seagull has become Ferrari's new lucky charm. That of the song "Tu comm'a mme" by the neo-melodic Gianni Celeste, which has become a catchphrase on social media. Charles Leclerc quoted a verse after crossing the finish line, if you ask him he laughs: "It was a game born from the boys of the team, if I had won I would have had to say" the poor seagull has lost his partner "during the radio check (one procedure ed) at the end of the race ". In Bahrain, in the garage, they wore it right from the tests , to ease the tension.

https://www-corriere-it.translate.go...n&_x_tr_pto=sc

Red Bull statement on double retirement in Bahrain: “Both cars suffered lack of fuel pressure. Correct amount of fuel in both cars, but a vacuum prevented the pumps from drawing fuel. We’ve taken the necessary steps to correct this issue and we expect no problems this weekend.”

The fight for 8 continues, Ferrari back to fighting for WDC, WCC ! R Bull got served the 2021 win on as silver platter! F -1 is for sure back to Fan appreciation! The cars are covered with sponsors!