Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Saudi Arabian GP Thread - Buildup, Practice & Qualifying

Max was strong last year. Let's see how it will go.
    As long as CL is 2nd we are OK.

Maybe a difficult weekend as Ferrari runs a detuned engine related to reliability issues.Maybe 3-4 will be a good result.
    Also Red Bulls are superfast on straights so lets have no big expectations and expect the best for the team.
    I still believe we dont have the best car,but a quite good base.If we cant follow Red Bull and Merc development then we will be behind after a few races.
    Last edited by faloupas; 23rd March 2022 at 13:46.

Quote Originally Posted by faloupas View Post
    Maybe a difficult weekend as Ferrari runs a detuned engine related to reliability issues.Maybe 3-4 will be a good result.
    Also Red Bulls are superfast on straights so lets have no big expectations and expect the best for the team.
    I still believe we dont have the best car,but a quite good base.If we cant follow Red Bull and Merc development then we will be behind after a few races.
    "detuned engine related to reliability issues" --> What?
    http://www.thescuderia.net/forums/sh...23#post1055723

Ferrari 1-2, RB was as you said superfast on straights because they had way less wing then we did, and yes we have the best car at the moment.

well if that Red Bull has overheating issues, get pole and force them to run in dirty air, and they'll continue to overheat their breaks and wear out their tyres.

unless they convince Adrian Newey to compromise and open up the aero to improve the cooling, which would also cost them lap time.

( or they will have to run more fuel which will also cost them 1-2 tenths in race pace )

Ferrari 1-2 incoming.

Well... just for fun I made myself a "dream" results table of each race before the season started and Bahrain went exactly as I predicted for our guys For Saudi I went for 2nd and 3rd, so let's see.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Let's just 1-2 the whole season to make sure

Man that would be a dream come true! After so many years, we tifosi really deserve a dream season!
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

I'm not sure what you are implying precisely, but the engine will be at least at the same level as the last race. They are taking a pragmatic approach to increasing the power which I am sure other manufacturers are doing the same.

https://youtu.be/RobMrQXiuQ4

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    well if that Red Bull has overheating issues, get pole and force them to run in dirty air, and they'll continue to overheat their breaks and wear out their tyres.

unless they convince Adrian Newey to compromise and open up the aero to improve the cooling, which would also cost them lap time.

( or they will have to run more fuel which will also cost them 1-2 tenths in race pace )

Ferrari 1-2 incoming.

Also Red Bulls are superfast on straights ….
    Until they run out of gas, then they slow down a tad.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Until they run out of gas, then they slow down a tad.

Charles was having a great race last year, he was P4 and would've finished P3. But he pitter under the SC and the later the red flag screwed him over. From P4 to P7 with no fault of his own.

I see that many of us are overoptimistic.I would say that we should wait and see.It was the same feeling in 2017 and the 2018 and we know how it ended.We are not the 2004 era team .The team tried a lot in the past... several times...2010,2012,2017,2018...always we were close but not enough.So yes...lets be optimistic but not crazy,expecting 1-2 everywhere.
    This track has a lot of straights,lets see how our car behaves on this kind of track.

I see that many of us are overoptimistic.I would say that we should wait and see.It was the same feeling in 2017 and the 2018 and we know how it ended.We are not the 2004 era team .The team tried a lot in the past... several times...2010,2012,2017,2018...always we were close but not enough.So yes...lets be optimistic but not crazy,expecting 1-2 everywhere.
    This track has a lot of straights,lets see how our car behaves on this kind of track.
    We can expect you to pour negativity onto the team though that's for sure.

Why would we have a problem with lot's of straights?
    Forza Ferrari

Marko speaks......take it for what it's worth.

Marko says "fuel supply system" was behind the double DNF in the BahrainGP. He told F1-Insider: "To put it simply. A vacuum in the fuel supply system caused the engine to run out of fuel. I think we can solve the problem already in Saudi Arabia this weekend."

Marko denied speculation about the cars not having enough fuel to get to the end of the race. "Without giving exact figures: There was still enough petrol in the tank of both cars," he said.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Way to bring the mood down, can you see any positives in the Ferrari start? Seems to me like every post from you is a bit negative.

I can see plenty of positives, and if we don't enjoy this feeling when Ferrari wins, when are we going to enjoy it?
    Yes redbull might have a faster car on the straights, but it is also true that we went with higher downforce for the twisty bits. I feel like our car will suit more tracks than Red Bull. But that's just my opinion, which is a bit more optimistic.

A Ferrari 1-2 to open the season. We haven't seen Ferrari winning for over two and a half years. Championship or not, all signs point towards a much more successful year than 2020 or 2021. That's exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    We can expect you to pour negativity onto the team though that's for sure.

Why would we have a problem with lot's of straights?
    "Race Gone.." That was your comment when SC deployed..this is you faith and positivity...so no more comments from me.
    When we are 1-2 "yeah!great! etc etc and then "race gone"...
    I said lets see how the car behaves on this kind of track.
    And if you remember Red Bull was way faster on straights.I dont care for downforce or setup.They were faster.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    A Ferrari 1-2 to open the season. We haven't seen Ferrari winning for over two and a half years. Championship or not, all signs point towards a much more successful year than 2020 or 2021. That's exciting.
    Lets hope that it will be indeed a more successful year.

You're right. It is impossible to stop overly optimistic people as was the case with overly pessimistic people a few days ago yet. Some may even have frequented both categories. Not you, it's true.
    But i would say that we don't know if we are not at the begining of a new succes area, everything still possible

After what happened to Max, Perez and Gasly, Honda powered drivers should be worried right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    You're right. It is impossible to stop overly optimistic people as was the case with overly pessimistic people a few days ago. Some may even have frequented both categories. Not you, it's true.
    I accept for my self that i am pessimistic!Some said i m a troll.
    Lets see what all these "tifosi" will say on difficult days.

And yet, some of us have been here for awhile....hoping. Some of us have been here since the Schumacher era. We've been thru difficult days, years and decades.....yet we are still here.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    And yet, some of us have been here for awhile....hoping. Some of us have been here since the Schumacher era. We've been thru difficult days, years and decades.....yet we are still here.
    Of course.I read this forum since 2012.The year Fernando almost make it with a car that was a piece of s...
    My worst moment as a fan was the broken engine on Michaels back in Suzuka 2006...so i ve been thru difficult days too.
    Ferrari is a legend...so we hope that one day will be again at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Well said ..!!

We cheer, we show our agony, banter etc… we still love ‘Ferrari’. It’s just not a name, it’s “history”.

Why would the tough days return, they seem distant to me, for a while, We won't be seeing a 2020 anytime soon.
    That you were called a troll is not surprising given your words, you cannot reasonably be surprised. Hard to believe you're clumsy enough not to do it on purpose.
    Speaking of which, have you reconsidered your judgment on why the engine is supposed to be detuned, because again, your words didn't sound innocent?

An engine that is not in its full potential its detuned my friend.Lets not play with the words.
    Maybe the others are in the same path and open it race by race...i dont know.
    Ferrari put their engine in conservative mode at the #BahrainGp.

The team wants to gradually increase the power to study the reliability.

Source: (@CorSport)
    Last edited by faloupas; 23rd March 2022 at 20:10.

An engine that is not in its full potential its detuned my friend.Lets not play with the words.
    Maybe the others are in the same path and open it race by race...i dont know.
    Nobody knows. I would suggest during this lull period to sit back and just relax. Wait till qualifying and then wait till race day.