Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Saudi Arabian GP Thread - Buildup, Practice & Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by faloupas View Post
    An engine that is not in its full potential its detuned my friend.Lets not play with the words.
    Maybe the others are in the same path and open it race by race...i dont know.
    Ferrari put their engine in conservative mode at the #BahrainGp.

The team wants to gradually increase the power to study the reliability.

Source: (@CorSport)
    Once again, you seem to have badly read my post (in link)
    Of course, others do the same, everyone learned from Mercedes last year. Whoever did not homologate an ice capable of more power after a final development would lose big in this new era
    Again : http://www.thescuderia.net/forums/sh...23#post1055723
    Last edited by Gilles; 23rd March 2022 at 20:17.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Nobody knows. I would suggest during this lull period to sit back and just relax. Wait till qualifying and then wait till race day.
    +1...if pole comes again and 1-2 ...i would take it!

Nobody knows. I would suggest during this lull period to sit back and just relax. Wait till qualifying and then wait till race day.
    I wouldn't say we don't know because there have been too many indications going in that direction to not to see them.
    Everyone slowly prepares the ground to say to the fia that he realizes that he must reinforce this or that part of the ice to be able to use the most efficient mappings, arguing that it is for reliability and in fact continuing developing and gaining power. The better is to say they discover problems during ice inspection as it permits to have no need of a dnf to have access to a "reliability" evolution. Not so fair, but that's the way used by Mercedes in 2021 (the masters of cheating). Even Renault have already been saying they have concerns about reliability. It makes some years Binotto have learned that he can't win without playing their game, he is clever, so he plays their game with discretion and subtility

However, I don't expect poles and 1-2 in all races, that would even be boring.
    Charles had said he hoped to win 5 races because he thought that could be enough to be champion. Today i think it depends if Mercedes could be back, if not, 5 could be not enough
    Last edited by Gilles; 23rd March 2022 at 21:43.

An engine that is not in its full potential its detuned my friend.Lets not play with the words.
    Maybe the others are in the same path and open it race by race...i dont know.
    Ferrari put their engine in conservative mode at the #BahrainGp.

The team wants to gradually increase the power to study the reliability.

Source: (@CorSport)
    I don't think we're playing with words, a detuned engine raced last weekend and still produced the fastest car. Every engine manufacturer detunes their engine so that it can last the full cycle. This doesn't mean I believe Ferrari will win every race, just that it is not a bad sign in and of itself :)
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Great let redbull open up there pu it will probably go boom.Ferrari will play cat and mouse its to early to lead all the time they need to test red bull push them back off then break them 100% there is a strategy in place.Red bull tried this last week with ferrari and failed ,now they need to push for a victory at what risk one must ask,another Dnf for Max and that will be curtains for this years title challenge the swearing from his potty mouth will be off the charts,I can't wait expect the unexpected.

"Race Gone.." That was your comment when SC deployed..this is you faith and positivity...so no more comments from me.
    Due to the SC, not due to us being slow etc as you tried to claim throughout qualifying....

If we lost the race due to SC would not change the fact we are not slow as you were keen to suggest.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Due to the SC, not due to us being slow etc as you tried to claim throughout qualifying....

If we lost the race due to SC would not change the fact we are not slow as you were keen to suggest.
    You can not lose a race because of SC...You can lose it of a bad desicion...Lewis lost the last championship because he didnt pit...so teams are made bad desicions.And being fast doesnt mean that you cant take a bad desicion.Ferrari made a lot of bad desicions all these years.
    My comment doesnt have to do with the matter of speed...it was a comment about that you said about negativity.

I see that many of us are overoptimistic.I would say that we should wait and see.It was the same feeling in 2017 and the 2018 and we know how it ended.We are not the 2004 era team .The team tried a lot in the past... several times...2010,2012,2017,2018...always we were close but not enough.So yes...lets be optimistic but not crazy,expecting 1-2 everywhere.
    This track has a lot of straights,lets see how our car behaves on this kind of track.
    This time I agree with you to an extent. Yes, we are elated and with good reason. It's been far too long. But yes, it's only been one race and it's still early to draw conclusions. We certainly look good though, and that alone is enough cause for excitement given how somber the last two years were.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

You can not lose a race because of SC...You can lose it of a bad desicion...Lewis lost the last championship because he didnt pit...so teams are made bad desicions.And being fast doesnt mean that you cant take a bad desicion.Ferrari made a lot of bad desicions all these years.
    My comment doesnt have to do with the matter of speed...it was a comment about that you said about negativity.
    Yes you can lose a race because of the SC, is this your 1st year watching F1?
    Forza Ferrari

Hulk will drive for Vettel at the SaudiArabianGP.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Luis lost the last WDC because 8 would have really hurt this years F-1 attendance, viewership and sponsors. Masi did what he was told to do. $$ talks!! And rightfully so. Those driver salaries are outrageous! Imagine R Bull starting off with 2 DNFs!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Luis lost the last WDC because 8 would have really hurt this years F-1 attendance, viewership and sponsors. Masi did what he was told to do. $$ talks!! And rightfully so. Those driver salaries are outrageous! Imagine R Bull starting off with 2 DNFs!
    and who told Latifi to crash with a handful of laps to go, and who told Mercedes not to pit, I guess that was Masi too

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    and who told Latifi to crash with a handful of laps to go, and who told Mercedes not to pit, I guess that was Masi too
    Latifi crashed for the good of the sport...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Briatori was at the race and was seen talking to Latifi. Max told Lewis not to pit! Masi went to the toilet when someone else made the calls at the last lap!

Quote Originally Posted by KingCharles View Post
    Max said they will come back stronger in Saudi. I can see them as favourites, especially with their straight-line speed.
    I am sure that the team will compensate in this race regarding top speed.
    We have the best package.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Maybe a difficult weekend as Ferrari runs a detuned engine related to reliability issues.Maybe 3-4 will be a good result.
    Also Red Bulls are superfast on straights so lets have no big expectations and expect the best for the team.
    I still believe we dont have the best car,but a quite good base.If we cant follow Red Bull and Merc development then we will be behind after a few races.
    We have ZERO reliability issues.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

I accept for my self that i am pessimistic!Some said i m a troll.
    Lets see what all these "tifosi" will say on difficult days.
    OK enough.
    This is a Ferrari forum.
    You want to address the people of this forum, you dont do that by putting quotes to words such as Tifosi, or Tifoso.

That is disrespectful.

Of course.I read this forum since 2012.The year Fernando almost make it with a car that was a piece of s...
    My worst moment as a fan was the broken engine on Michaels back in Suzuka 2006...so i ve been thru difficult days too.
    Ferrari is a legend...so we hope that one day will be again at the top.
    I am a Tifoso since I was like 8 years old, watching (I believe it was) the Canadian GP and the cars were running V12s back in those days. At least I am pretty sure, it was like 43 years ago, and I instantly fell in love with Ferrari.
    I've seen Ferrari in their best and their worst and by worst day to this day was when , coming home, was when I learned that Gilles Villeneuve was dead.

And just to make it clear, there are people in this forum that are probably older than me and 've been watching Ferrari for more years than me, and (most importantly) have been blessed to be at a track, alas I 've not made it YET there. But I will.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    OK enough.
    This is a Ferrari forum.
    You want to address the people of this forum, you dont do that by putting quotes to words such as Tifosi, or Tifoso.

That is disrespectful.

I am a Tifoso since I was like 8 years old, watching (I believe it was) the Canadian GP and the cars were running V12s back in those days. At least I am pretty sure, it was like 43 years ago, and I instantly fell in love with Ferrari.
    I've seen Ferrari in their best and their worst and by worst day to this day was when , coming home, was when I learned that Gilles Villeneuve was dead.

And just to make it clear, there are people in this forum that are probably older than me and 've been watching Ferrari for more years than me, and (most importantly) have been blessed to be at a track, alas I 've not made it YET there. But I will.
    Respect mate
    The worst days are part of our attachment to the team, as true supporters. This story is also made up of tragedies and that is what it gives its strength. Leave the cult of "winner" to entertainment consumers, who are forced to change idols as they change brands of toothpaste
    PS : last 70's Ferrari engines were flat12

OK enough.
    This is a Ferrari forum.

That is disrespectful.

Με too mate!!If you're I Athens, maybe we could arrange something with some friends of mine.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Με too mate!!If you're I Athens, maybe we could arrange something with some friends of mine.
    I will be happy to do so, when that stupid covid subsides a bit. I suffer from Diabetes so as you can imagine I can't be too careful.

Respect mate
    The worst days are part of our attachment to the team, as true supporters. This story is also made up of tragedies and that is what it gives its strength. Leave the cult of "winner" to entertainment consumers, who are forced to change idols as they change brands of toothpaste
    Thanks mate, and I could not agree more.

Also Red Bulls are superfast on straights
    RB only looked fast on straights as Leclerc was having issues with ERS

Giovinazzi on the simulator for Abu Dhabi lap https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AHeLV7lGDE

OK enough.
    This is a Ferrari forum.

That is disrespectful.

Oh you definitely have to go! I've been to over 20 GPs in my life, always in Montreal of course and it's really quite the spectacle! I took my wife when we first me to a race, she hated motor racing, ever since then, she loves it! It's really such a blast, just try to go when Ferrari are competitive lol, it takes it to a whole other level!
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Slaqq View Post
    RB only looked fast on straights as Leclerc was having issues with ERS
    RB was fast on straights due to low downforce setup.Who said that Leclerc having ERS issues?Source?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Oh you definitely have to go! I've been to over 20 GPs in my life, always in Montreal of course and it's really quite the spectacle! I took my wife when we first me to a race, she hated motor racing, ever since then, she loves it! It's really such a blast, just try to go when Ferrari are competitive lol, it takes it to a whole other level!
    Completely agree with you! Who ever can, and is into Formula 1, have to go to a race. As I am from Belgrade, Serbia, closest track to me is Hungaroring in Budapest. I've been going there almost every year since 1995. Beside that I've been once in Barcelona - 2001, and Abu Dhabi 2014 and 2016.

OK enough.
    This is a Ferrari forum.

That is disrespectful.

First of all i m greek.Im happy seeing so many greeks here!
    The quotes was something i put just to underline that some people are here just to shout and dont support team at the bad days.
    I believe that you and me and most of people here support the team in any occasion.
    Mate i was 13 in 1998...and woke up at 5a.m just to see Schumi fighting the Mclarens...amazing years.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Respect mate
    I still have that die-cast of 312t, the first time i fell in love with the scarlet cars. RIP Niki

RB was fast on straights due to low downforce setup.Who said that Leclerc having ERS issues?Source?
    https://f1ingenerale.com/f1-gp-bahra...on-verstappen/

Leclerc himself said he had issue :
    "....And it was always also very tricky because I was struggling quite a lot with my energy and had to manage that too. But then after the third lap (after pitstop), I think I was in a better window with it and could push again and manage to have a bit of margin to manage my race"

And yet, some of us have been here for awhile....hoping. Some of us have been here since the Schumacher era. We've been thru difficult days, years and decades.....yet we are still here.
    Some of us old farts are heading for our 20th anniversary. I believe Greig is going to arrange a big party to celebrate..

Trying to be less angry..