Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Saudi Arabian GP Thread - Buildup, Practice & Qualifying

I don't wanna be party popper, but since Aramco is F1 sponsor and since they've been attacked the day F1 weekend started there, ain't it quite a high risk to have such a gathering in that city under Aramco sponsoring? I really don't wanna see some kind of an explosion going off during a grid walk or something. We should just get out of there... and swiftly.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by faloupas View Post
    Expect 1-2 everywhere and 1s margin from everyone...what Mercedes did in 2014...if you agree with me thats ok...if you dont its your problem.Not mine.
    As your said expectations are out of reality, seriously, what are you aiming for here?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    As your said expectations are out of reality, seriously, what are you aiming for here?
    Sharing thougths.Watching what others fans say about Ferrari.I didnt offend anybody.
    Some people use words like miserable,troll etc for me.It is their problem,not mine.
    Today we had a bad session.Two cars almost crashed.Thats my opinion.
    And sorry i want 1s margin of everyone.Thats my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Any possibility of the race being cancelled if there are further attacks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I think SkyTV said there was going to be meetings after FP2 with the drivers, the teams and the FIA. Curious to see what's going to happen. Having an attack happen 10km away from the track is too close for comfort IMHO.
    The race is going forward according MBS(FIA Director). He assures everyone will be safe.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Greedy f1 do you think they really give a toss about the drivers they are driven by $$$and greed.The drivers should boycott the race.The venue has to many human rights issues and should be wiped of the calender.

Sharing thougths.Watching what others fans say about Ferrari.I didnt offend anybody.
    Some people use words like miserable,troll etc for me.It is their problem,not mine.
    Today we had a bad session.Two cars almost crashed.Thats my opinion.
    And sorry i want 1s margin of everyone.Thats my opinion.
    Wanting 1s margin is not an opinion, it's more a wish. Then, why do you want that?

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    The race is going forward according MBS(FIA Director). He assures everyone will be safe.
    Heh, it seems kinda absurd to me, that they are stopping every race with "2 drops" of water on the track for drivers safety, yet bombs dropping few kilometers from the circuit is fiiiine.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Wanting 1s margin is not an opinion, it's more a wish. Then, why do you want that?
    Mercedes made it in 2014.Mclaren almost made it 1998.We made it in 2004...so why not?

Mercedes made it in 2014.Mclaren almost made it 1998.We made it in 2004...so why not?
    The many rules to keep the grid close?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Heh, it seems kinda absurd to me, that they are stopping every race with "2 drops" of water on the track for drivers safety, yet bombs dropping few kilometers from the circuit is fiiiine.
    Agree! Absurd!

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Greedy f1 do you think they really give a toss about the drivers they are driven by $$$and greed.The drivers should boycott the race.The venue has to many human rights issues and should be wiped of the calender.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Agree! Absurd!
    MBS and Domenicalli held a meeting with all the team principals and were given the option NOT to compete…..all agreed to compete.

Of course money is the purpose of being in such countries, at such times they cannot change their way so easily.
    The F1 circus makes its way between its contradictions, which are those of our world
    At the same time as we debate this sport, bombs fall here and there, children go hungry, the planet is damaged. We are aware, but still looking for room for our childhood passion. That's sad things couldn't be simple

Of course money is the purpose of being in such countries, at such times they cannot change their way so easily.
    The F1 circus makes its way between its contradictions, which are those of our world
    At the same time as we debate this sport, bombs fall here and there, children go hungry, the planet is damaged. We are aware, but still looking for room for our childhood passion. That's sad things couldn't be simple

read post #222.....this meeting included drivers as well from various teams.

Such dominations kills the sport, why not wanting drivers been fighting each others until the last race instead of no-competition situation?

The many rules to keep the grid close?
    I respect your opinion. I understand that rules trying to keep the grid close,but for me that is more a kind of excuse.
    Do you think we made a car way faster than the others and the rules stopped us?
    Mercedes made cars all these years which had the potential to minimise the losses of the rules.That happened because they had a clear margin from all the other teams.For example FIA banned party mode on quali but they still thad the ability of poles.They had the ability to stay in front in every compound...even with hards against softs.
    Ok i know...FIA helped them a lot...but we all know that they were way the fastest team.
    So why not Ferrari?

Rec Bull most likely wanted to do a run with very low fuel to simulate the end of a race. Fitted the hard tyres as to disguise their activity.

Such dominations kills the sport, why not wanting drivers been fighting each others until the last race instead of no-competition situation?
    Sorry between sport and Ferrari domination i prefer the second.
    Nobody was aware of sport when we dominate in 2000-2004 area.I support Ferrari so i dont care about the sport as much as Ferrari.

read post #222.....this meeting included drivers as well from various teams.
    Unsurprisingly, F1 people like us too aren't ready to see war invited into racing.
    On the other hand, the F1 organizers are responsible for this situation, some places aren't right places to compete
    Last edited by Gilles; 25th March 2022 at 20:41.

Unsurprisingly, F1 people like us too aren't ready to see war invited into racing.
    On the other hand, the F1 organizers are responsible for this situation
    Agreed, this is just my opinion but unless the region gets clear of these terrorist attacks I doubt we see Jesddah on the calender in 2023 and so on.......good riddance too.

I respect your opinion. I understand that rules trying to keep the grid close,but for me that is more a kind of excuse.
    Do you think we made a car way faster than the others and the rules stopped us?
    Mercedes made cars all these years which had the potential to minimise the losses of the rules.That happened because they had a clear margin from all the other teams.For example FIA banned party mode on quali but they still thad the ability of poles.They had the ability to stay in front in every compound...even with hards against softs.
    Ok i know...FIA helped them a lot...but we all know that they were way the fastest team.
    So why not Ferrari?
    You missed the fact this season has all new rules again designed to close the grid up?

Ferrari won't be 1 second faster than everyone, get over it.
    Forza Ferrari

You missed the fact this season has all new rules again designed to close the grid up?

Ferrari won't be 1 second faster than everyone, get over it.
    1998,2009,2014 big changes in regulations.All aiming to make cars slower and improve racing ...blah blah blah.
    Grid never really closed up...top teams was always faster than the small teams.This is the kind of this sport...the grid will only close up if all use the same engine,the same gearboxes etc etc.This is not gonna happen.
    Except 1998 ,Ferrari made cars way slower than their rivals because made bad choices...so it is a matter of ability and of direction.
    I know that Ferrari wont t be 1 second faster,it has not this ability.It is not the team used to be.
    I dream a Ferrari 1 second faster...what do you dream? .One good year and then fighting again for second or third position?

You have some selective memory Faloupas.

1998 Schumacher gap to fastest McLaren:

Australia: 0.757
    Brazil: 1.158
    Argentina: 0.399
    San Marino: 0.464
    Spain: 1.523
    Monaco: 0.904

Goodyear introduces an upgraded tyre:
    Canada: 0.284
    France: 0.230
    Britain: 0.449
    Austria: 0.034 (wet)
    Germany: 1.621
    Hungary: 0.393
    Belgium: 1.345
    Italy: -0.390
    Luxembourg: -0.379
    Japan: -0.178

Basically, whenever Goodyear didn't give Ferrari very bad compounds it was pretty close all along that season. Not to mention that Schumacher's settings were geared towards race pace in general. He knew he'd most likely be on the second row anyway. It was a tyre deficit, not necessarily a performance-related one. You see, that the car got hammered in Germany and Belgium but took pole in Italy and dominated Canada in race trim makes little sense without understanding the tyre war situation at the time.

It was a season that got away with the Coulthard mistake and definitely not a year of McLaren domination. If the Spa crash had not happened I'd be leaning towards Michael pulling that title off.

1998,2009,2014 big changes in regulations.All aiming to make cars slower and improve racing ...blah blah blah.
    Grid never really closed up...top teams was always faster than the small teams.This is the kind of this sport...the grid will only close up if all use the same engine,the same gearboxes etc etc.This is not gonna happen.
    Except 1998 ,Ferrari made cars way slower than their rivals because made bad choices...so it is a matter of ability and of direction.
    I know that Ferrari wont t be 1 second faster,it has not this ability.It is not the team used to be.
    I dream a Ferrari 1 second faster...what do you dream? .One good year and then fighting again for second or third position?
    Ok there really is no point you being here or being a Ferrari fan.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    You have some selective memory Faloupas.

1998 Schumacher gap to fastest McLaren:

Australia: 0.757
    Brazil: 1.158
    Argentina: 0.399
    San Marino: 0.464
    Spain: 1.523
    Monaco: 0.904

Goodyear introduces an upgraded tyre:
    Canada: 0.284
    France: 0.230
    Britain: 0.449
    Austria: 0.034 (wet)
    Germany: 1.621
    Hungary: 0.393
    Belgium: 1.345
    Italy: -0.390
    Luxembourg: -0.379
    Japan: -0.178

Basically, whenever Goodyear didn't give Ferrari very bad compounds it was pretty close all along that season. Not to mention that Schumacher's settings were geared towards race pace in general. He knew he'd most likely be on the second row anyway. It was a tyre deficit, not necessarily a performance-related one. You see, that the car got hammered in Germany and Belgium but took pole in Italy and dominated Canada in race trim makes little sense without understanding the tyre war situation at the time.

It was a season that got away with the Coulthard mistake and definitely not a year of McLaren domination. If the Spa crash had not happened I'd be leaning towards Michael pulling that title off.
    Read again...i wrote except 1998.
    But accept it or not it was Michaels ability and Ross's intelligence that brought us to the last race challenging the title.Do you remember Hungary?
    Overall F300 was a good iconic car to me...it was the base for F399 and F12000 ,but those Mclarens were on a different league when they didnt have reliability issues.

Everyone has the right to be a fan on his way.
    You didn t say what is your dream as a Ferrari fan.

And after all this is Saudi Arabian GP thread and not a place to explain our general thoughts about the team .
    You criticize someone who just said that we had a bad session because both cars almost crashed.
    Express your thoughts about the session and let the others say or believe whatever they want.

And after all this is Saudi Arabian GP thread and not a place to explain our general thoughts about the team .
    You criticize someone who just said that we had a bad session because both cars almost crashed.
    Express your thoughts about the session and let the others say or believe whatever they want.
    You will never be satisfied no matter what, your posts are pointless.
    Forza Ferrari

You will never be satisfied no matter what, your posts are pointless.
    You reply on my posts...so its your problem,not mine.

It's after midnight there, drivers have been meeting still and now Horner, Wolf etc gone back into meeting.
    Forza Ferrari