Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Saudi Arabian GP - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Carlos and Perez under investigation for not slowing for yellows.
    geeze
    we're number one

Now I am disappointing, but 2nd and 3rd is great result! Long season, head down and harvest points!

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    We need more power. That RB-Honda engine is fast. We need couple of HP’s more.
    We're running high DF. I don't think we are lacking any HP.

Running lower DF setup worked here, but it's not gonna work in Australia. We also need the upgrades, can't run every race with the launch spec. The upgrades must come in the next race.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    If ferrari has balls they will request an investigation….
    I guess they should do, how on earth mv managed to close over 2 seconds gap when vsc was active?
    Red is the only color!!!

WH.AT A CL.A.SS

Amazing CL. He basically said everyone that MV is a beep...

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Something was fishy there
    Something was off in CL's balance after vsc. After the botched attempt by MV in which he majorly locked up his tires, he dropped 1.3-1.4 sec behind but was able to get back within DRS detection within one lap. So CL was losing time. Probably tire temps not back up.

Two take aways really:
    1. In tracks with relatively longer straights, DRS zones need to be shorter. In Jeddah, they were super over powered for sure and more than compensated time lost following someone around corners.
    2. Ferrari needs to resolve the porpoising issues ASAP so that it could go for more neutral setups. Otherwise in tracks like these, the drivers are sitting ducks as soon as someone gets in DRS range.

Still think DRS is too strong.

RB is the new Merc with that PU. Why we stupidly agreed to the freeze is anyone's guess. RB was already on the backfoot with Honda leaving now they are going to dominate till 2026. Other teams got played big time!! How do RB do it? Let McLaren test Honda PU for them for 3 years, cap wind tunnel while they have 2 teams and double the wind tunnel time, Get the biggest deal in F1 with Oracle, and of course have FIA , Sky championing them.

Sorry guys but we only have a few tracks that can beat RB - they will kill us in most tracks with that top speed.

It is necessary to continue with the development of the car, because it still has quite a few reserves f1-75

Quote Originally Posted by KingCharles View Post
    RB is the new Merc with that PU. Why we stupidly agreed to the freeze is anyone's guess. RB was already on the backfoot with Honda leaving now they are going to dominate till 2026. Other teams got played big time!! How do RB do it? Let McLaren test Honda PU for them for 3 years, cap wind tunnel while they have 2 teams and double the wind tunnel time, Get the biggest deal in F1 with Oracle, and of course have FIA , Sky championing them.

Sorry guys but we only have a few tracks that can beat RB - they will kill us in most tracks with that top speed.
    LOL no.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    Still think DRS is too strong.
    We didn't manage to overtake Red Bull in any of the 3 DRS zones. It's their top speed that is too strong. But that should change in Australia. Let's hope at least.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Will we have updated car in Aus?

On a side note: I believe CL and the pitwall lost the race today during the VSC.
    For the car behind you to gain 2'' instead of going to 4, means that the failed to keep the deltas.

IF deltas where kept by CL, that means MV didn't kept them.
    But at least, we had 1 nice 2-3 and CL got the fastest lap.

Max cheated with the VSC 100% cheat!! Disgusting!

Deltas during vsc really need to investage.

Gap was around 1.8-1.9 and reduced to 1.1 after restart

Can't complain. We knew the RB was very fast in a straight line. We are right in this. I think Max is temperamentally weaker than LEC. Over 23 - or whatever - races we can have him. Big Dutch crybaby.

And much as I dislike HAM, Max was handed the Championship last year. May it be his last, inshallah!

#FORZA FERRARI!

#essereFerrari
    Trying to be less angry..

This is vey pessimist I don’t believe that

This was the fastest race in the calendar and we only just lost to them. I don't think they will "kill us". It's just the setup route we chose did not fit this circuit as well as theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    This was the fastest race in the calendar and we only just lost to them. I don't think they will "kill us". It's just the setup route we chose did not fit this circuit as well as theirs.
    i'm surprised the tyre deg wasn't higher for them

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    LOL no.

it's only a matter of time before they improve their acceleration out of the corners. PU is king. RB are going to sadly dominate till 2026

Quote Originally Posted by alfaromeo View Post
    This is vey pessimist I don’t believe that
    King charles

Damn!
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

it's only a matter of time before they improve their acceleration out of the corners. PU is king. RB are going to sadly dominate till 2026
    and Ferrari, no chance to improve anywhere?

what?

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    i'm surprised the tyre deg wasn't higher for them
    Well Max struggled at the end of the medium tyres stint actually. Dropped to almost 3 seconds behind Charles. The hards were insanely durable, Hamilton managed almost 40 laps on them. Plus we haveto take the SC and VSC into consideration.

Binotto is always happy to go with 'for the good of the sport' so don't hold your breath there. Max just got away with cheating to get into the DRS and then has the nerve to whine about Leclerc all over the race. What a classless trashbag

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    On a side note: I believe CL and the pitwall lost the race today during the VSC.
    For the car behind you to gain 2'' instead of going to 4, means that the failed to keep the deltas.

IF deltas where kept by CL, that means MV didn't kept them.
    But at least, we had 1 nice 2-3 and CL got the fastest lap.
    Or maybe Max went beyond the delta?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Well Max struggled at the end of the medium tyres stint actually. Dropped to almost 3 seconds behind Charles. The hards were insanely durable, Hamilton managed almost 40 laps on them. Plus we haveto take the SC and VSC into consideration.
    true, our deg was still better but not by enough to overcome everything

Come on trolls again?

Come on everybody, I think our engine is slightly better than Honda. It's just that they've shown up with a dragster and us with a tank. Jeddah is the outlier of all outliers. Solely about drag if you get in a close race situation.

I hate this kind of comment two races into the season after a 1-2 and a 2-3. So stupid.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."