Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516

Thread: 2022 Saudi Arabian GP - Race Thread

Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    From what i understand, higher DF makes the porpoising worse (i heard this on Sky, i can't remember who they interviewed that said this). Suspension setting is the main way to fix purpoising.
    then why go with the high DF setup?

did they just simply over estimage degredation?

we need to send Giovazzi back to Italy to be running these simulations! ( i'm half kidding )

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post

we need to send Giovazzi back to Italy to be running these simulations! ( i'm half kidding )
    No idea lol, I'm not qualified to talk on this haha. It's just something I heard on Sky during the FP's I think anyway. It's also not clear how bad Ferrari's porpoising issue is, they did address it through a new floor, so is it still that bad?
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    No idea lol, I'm not qualified to talk on this haha. It's just something I heard on Sky during the FP's I think anyway. It's also not clear how bad Ferrari's porpoising issue is, they did address it through a new floor, so is it still that bad?
    i'm not sure there was a new floor, maybe just a revision with some ducktape. the consensus seems to be that this is pretty much the vanilla F1-75

Perfect double stack pit stop.

https://twitter.com/F1/status/1509233999033483266
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post

The setup was a bit concervative probably as tyre wear might have been a concern. A few months ago Ferrari wasn't anywhere near the fight at the front. Red Bull has been fighting at the front for a while and learned from last year. Lewis was a lot quicker than Max down the straights so they opted for less downforce and more top speed this time round. Ferrari will learn from this year and next year we will be running a different setup. Coming away with a 2 podiums positions is awesome. Ferrari will have to get used to being front runners again and they will be quite concervative in the first part of the season is my guess. As the confidence within the team grow, they will start getting more aggressive. Ferrari is in a good place has a good platform to build from

Ferrari letting Charles and Carlos race each other I truly believe will cause Ferrari to be #1 , #2 each race. The car is there!!