Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Spanish Grand Prix - Buildup, Practice & Qualifying Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    They didn't porpoise in Miami FP1 either.

We also had zero porpoising, but because you're addicted to dooming you see every bump we hit as evidence the season is over.
    You are so good in judging peoples character from an online discussion. I am striving for perfection and I am sorry for you, that you satisfy with mediocracy. We had some porpoising. We didn't solve it 100% but watching the cars would be too much to ask from you clearly. Even during the broadcast they mentioned and noticed Ferrari porpoising. Yet you are acting totally blinded. Did you see the race pace? We were nowhere compared to Red Bull, that's fine for you? Ok, what a fan you are being fine with us losing ground to our competitors.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by samboozik View Post
    Charles started his stint on 9 laps old tires, don't know about verstappen.
    They all started the race pace on tyres from the start of the session.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by samboozik View Post
    Charles started his stint on 9 laps old tires, don't know about verstappen.
    4 or 5 depending on if you count the out lap

We do seem to be having issues with tyre deg lately, hopefully we can make some changes for tomorrow. It's a shame as we look brilliant over one lap.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    You are so good in judging peoples character from an online discussion. I am striving for perfection and I am sorry for you, that you satisfy with mediocracy. We had some porpoising. We didn't solve it 100% but watching the cars would be too much to ask from you clearly. Even during the broadcast they mentioned and noticed Ferrari porpoising. Yet you are acting totally blinded. Did you see the race pace? We were nowhere compared to Red Bull, that's fine for you? Ok, what a fan you are being fine with us losing ground to our competitors.
    What broadcast? I didn't hear it and I didn't see it. Of course, you'll see whether it's there or not, because you're going to drive yourself crazy if we're not 1 second faster in every single session.

Yeah, I want everything to be perfect, too. I miss the Schumacher and Brawn machine. But it's gone and recreating it is near impossible, if that can even be done.

Look, I agree that the upgrade has a lot to prove. Binnoto has been taking **** for long enough, and it's time to produce. If we struggle on Saturday or Sunday, I'll be right here with you, demanding that heads roll. But I'm not going to go there until the development team prove that they've failed. Sunday is the last chance for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Why do you think that because we are not cry all the time and try to see some positive things ,we are satisfied with not winning??!!!! What do you accomplish being so negative?? Do you make the team better ??? Do they hear you ???? You are just being annoyingly nagger!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Did we have any upgrades brought?

Depends who you ask.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Man these negative nancy's are annoying, as if they've already seen the future.

Ferrari have gained lots of data from today's long run. Which will help them to adapt the setup and mitigate the tyre wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuzo View Post
    "Welcome to da party pal!!!!"
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuzo View Post
    1. New floor.

2. New high DF RW.

3. New winglets.

Not sure what to conclude from the FP1/2 sessions but tyre deg once again seems to be a problem, didn't see too much porpoising but it's definitely still there. Not good to see Merc showing better performance, either. Hope the team can sort the tyre issues with set-up changes and not lose any speed, and criticism of upgrades is hopefully premature.

Definitely not the huge update everyone suggested it would be. The rear wing isn't entirely a car upgrade vs a track/downforce package brought for this race. The upper element (DRS flap) looks to be a significantly different profile which should provide better DRS performance, but I don't consider that to be a huge improvement for Ferrari since they should be fast enough to lead the race and not even have access to DRS. :D

The floor can be a big update, but we just visually can't see how much detail went into it. The evidence suggests the car is MUCH better with the porpoising, I didn't detect anything. I think this could have a measurable difference in speed above 310 kph, as so far on the telemetries, Ferrari stalls out while the RBR doesn't. It shouldn't make a big diff in lap time, but it can be important for passing or defending against passing. More importantly, if the car can be run lower to the ground and get more downforce. That could result in big gains in lap time.

Was expecting some changes in the front wing or with their modular nose design, but nadda. Nothing on their sidepods either.

We will see Saturday where the car stands. Even without the updates I would think it was a pole contender. Race pace, it will come down to tire wear IMO.

Yeh ,it was obvious, unfortunately!!!!
    Let's see if we find something till Sunday!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Just a thought... I'm assuming that the cap is a fixed level that isn't adjusted depending on where you finished in the standings. However the farther back you finish does give you more windtunnel and CFD time. If Ferrari has used more of this time to test concepts than Red Bull, that would mean they have less budget to spend on developments than Red Bull, which is not good.

Also it seems Ferrari is faster on softs but Red Bull is faster on mediums.

I was watching the onboards and there was a lot of porpoising on the Ferrari vs everyone else except Mercedes and McLaren in FP1 and less of it in FP2, did they install the floor only in FP2?
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    What is so funny?
    that you think Merc is faster....probably running on fumes and HIGH engine mode....lmao

Friday Miami Russell has been the fastest man, then come Saturday and what happens.1s slower than Ferrari and Red Bull. Who believe that Mercedes is now faster than Ferrari….. Quali Ferrari will be 1-2 race fight with verstapen..

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Just a thought... I'm assuming that the cap is a fixed level that isn't adjusted depending on where you finished in the standings. However the farther back you finish does give you more windtunnel and CFD time. If Ferrari has used more of this time to test concepts than Red Bull, that would mean they have less budget to spend on developments than Red Bull, which is not good.

Also it seems Ferrari is faster on softs but Red Bull is faster on mediums.

I was watching the onboards and there was a lot of porpoising on the Ferrari vs everyone else except Mercedes and McLaren in FP1 and less of it in FP2, did they install the floor only in FP2?
    I seriously doubt Ferrari have eaten their budget that much. More likely, the explanation for why the updates have been delayed is that Ferrari, like Mercedes, have not understood (and may still not) understand why their car porpoises, particularly at top speed. I think the team wanted to exploit the different setups to see if they could mitigate the problem without the need for any expensive updates, and they might also have assumed that it would take Red Bull longer to solve their downforce and reliability issues, than it would be for them to solve their porpoising and straight line issues, and so there wasn't a need to bring updates to the track to try on at least one of the cars. They were wrong to believe that.

I've been way too long watching F1 and I know this is only Friday, but I am little bit nervous....

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I've been way too long watching F1 and I know this is only Friday, but I am little bit nervous....
    Yeah me too, this Friday resemble last race Friday, the tire problem was visible in Miami FP as well

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Me too worried about Tyre Deg. I’m surprised to see how we started & now we are having tyre issues all again. It resembles like 2019, where we had good quali pace but race pace was horrible car was eating those tyres like anything

We had tyre issues Since Imola… continued with Miami… now Barcelona.

Mattia please focus on car development, rather than to stop RB from developing their car.

Just watch a quick interview with Lec, he said the tires are falling apart

So we can forget the "lol it's just FP" talk
    Last edited by Aziz; 20th May 2022 at 19:21.

Ferrari: There is no concern, because the car has shown great potential
    At the end of the second hour of free practice, Ferrari did not show great concern; there was the awareness that, with the introduction of such an important package of changes, something might not go in the right direction with some extra work after FP2, therefore estimated. Most importantly, however, the novelty package brought to the track appears to have worked. “ The updates have worked
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Ferrari: There is no concern, because the car has shown great potential
    At the end of the second hour of free practice, Ferrari did not show great concern; there was the awareness that, with the introduction of such an important package of changes, something might not go in the right direction with some extra work after FP2, therefore estimated. Most importantly, however, the novelty package brought to the track appears to have worked. “ The updates have worked
    What's this from?

All teams need to be careful with updates if they work thats great and if they do not then its money down the drain from the budget cap.Ferrari have bought foward major upgrades for the sf75 for sure there is tweaking to be done to find the sweet spot, this is what tests a teams engineers under pressure simulators and windtunnels are one thing but the track and the environment on the day is a whole new beast, mother nature plays a massive part in performance and race outcomes, as always expect the unexpected.

The rear wing seems to work (straight speed and load)
    The floor seems to work, as they ran the car lower and had less porpoising than before (no porpoising is impossible in reality, the goal is to control it as much as possible)
    They did a lot of evaluations to later try things in the simulator
    Leclerc didn't find balance despite many setting corections, suffering from very bad tire wear too
    Let's see tomorrow
    Last edited by Gilles; 21st May 2022 at 06:20.