Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Monaco Grand Prix - Buildup, Practice & Qualifying Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Wo cares ??!!!
    THIS IS MONACO !!!!!
    yeah, that's true.....but mind as well obliviate RED FOOLS.....lololol

Quote Originally Posted by elnano14 View Post
    Even if we're slower than RBR (that's a big if) which I highly doubt given our performance from Barcelona, as long as we start on the front row and keep the tyres as long as possible, I don't think Max can pass us
    yeah, but DON"T forget.....the UNDERCUT here is SUPER powerful......so we gotta build a bit of a gap during the first stint just to make sure

CL out of the car

Lec gone for a pee ,AGAIN ???????????
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    CL out of the car
    why???? don't tell me ISSUES with the car....i'm at work and can't listen to audio....;)
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    yeah, but DON"T forget.....the UNDERCUT here is SUPER powerful......so we gotta build a bit of a gap during the first stint just to make sure
    No, the overcut here is more powerful than undercut, tyres just don't die. Guys pit first will be put in traffic jam

Havent saw all the times/laps on the race pace, i saw around 1:16 high to 1:17 low , BUT just saw Lec do 1:16:283 on softs !!!! Dont know if anyone else was in a similar pace .

edit :
    | Carlos sets a 1:16.298 on hard tyres ��

looks like we are good on high fuel also !!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Please don't crash, please no realibity issue. Just hope a clean - sweet - dominated weekend from our team

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    why???? don't tell me ISSUES with the car....i'm at work and can't listen to audio....;)
    Nah he just needed a wee, went out again and did race sim.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Havent saw all the times/laps on the race pace, i saw around 1:16 high to 1:17 low , BUT just saw Lec do 1:16:283 !!!! Dont know if anyone else was in a similar pace .
    Both Leclerc and Sain in the 16s, Max was around 17s. But our cars was on hard which is an interesting choice

Monaco is the only place in F1 calendar where race pace doesn't matter. But it's not like our long pace is slow. So I wouldn't read too much into it.

Its been quite a while since we saw such a dominant performance from Ferrari. I know its still practice but our pace should worry redbull who have spent so much upgrading their car and we've only had one upgrade n the car is quicker. Its all about quality not quantity ,the way I see it.Thought Mercedes were back. What happened to them ?

I am getting quite impressed with current gen ground effect cars. Kimi's pole in 2017 was 1:12.1 on ultra softs, the F1-75 is only 0.5 seconds slower than that time in FP2 on softs while carrying 70kg extra weight. Very impressive.

Ground effect is still at it's infantile stage, it has so much untapped potentials for the team's to unlock. I do think the cars of 2023 onwards will be the fastest F1 cars ever.

I know its only practice, however it is really nice to see Ferrari 1-2 by a large margin. Also, according to Piola we have reverted back to our old floor. Good to have such a performance gap to Redbull while on old spec parts. Hopefully the pace carries over to Q3 and to the race. We are due for a 1-2!!

"The rear of the floor mounted on the Ferrari F1-75 which confirms that it’s currently been set up in the older specification, as it has the L-shaped edge wing"

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/m...lane/10311276/
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    This is just a ****ers meet where all the rich and famous come to show off there possessions and glitter and brag about the other billion dollars they made during the week,purely a waste of time as a solid formula 1 race track just a weekend out to meet and greet and talk about money how boring just like the race itself.
    Sadly, this is just the way F1 is heading - a 'celebrity' festival of money, pretension, ego, more money and vacuous film stars, US sports starts and pop singers showing off their obscene wealth (and their vapid, woke opinions) while pretending they know and/ or care about F1.

I know that's how the world is now but, by God - as an oldie - do I despise it/ them all.
    Trying to be less angry..

The new floor improved efficiency quite a bit but Monaco doesn't require that. This track is all about maximum downforce. So it's quite understandable for Ferrari to run the old spec here.

Or, they may be saving the new floor for tomorrow.

Unless Verstappen really is sandbagging big-time, we're looking good for a vital 1-2 here. The weather better not play any nasty tricks if we lock the front row out. 2017 was such an enjoyable race day in Monaco and it would be great to have another like that.

In FP1 we had the new parts. And I think this was the case inFP2 also!!
    https://twitter.com/GiulyDuchessa/st...gcdbHesiQ&s=19
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    Sadly, this is just the way F1 is heading - a 'celebrity' festival of money, pretension, ego, more money and vacuous film stars, US sports starts and pop singers showing off their obscene wealth (and their vapid, woke opinions) while pretending they know and/ or care about F1.

I know that's how the world is now but, by God - as an oldie - do I despise it/ them all.
    We're the same old fogies who don't understand the modern world, I guess, I also despise it. BUT, we have P1/2 in the FP2 session for what it's worth, and barring the weather making it a lottery and reliability concerns, we may be able to take some decent points.

just the mere fact the rain my bail out RB here, shows you how lucky they get

Ferrari will drive to the conditions, lock out the front row and work as a team pole sitter gets protected this will force a hot and angry max to go risky and he will bin it 100% cursing the team at the same time blaming them for a slow car.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    This is just a ****ers meet where all the rich and famous come to show off there possessions and glitter and brag about the other billion dollars they made during the week,purely a waste of time as a solid formula 1 race track just a weekend out to meet and greet and talk about money how boring just like the race itself.
    Rich and famous, you mean like Formula 1 drivers?

People need to stop worrying about Mercedes, their season is over...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    People need to stop worrying about Mercedes, their season is over...
    EXACTLY......they are NO where pace wise.....also Toto needs to shut his TRAP, as he says in 4-5 races time they will compete with US and red fools.....whatever

BTW, are you going to Montreal???.....since, well you are from there

I know I am.....ha, ha....been a LONG 2 YEARS sabbatical thansk to freaking COVID

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Rich and famous, you mean like Formula 1 drivers?
    Great response! The race is great if you watch it. What race fan cares about who's at the race? My only regret is not having the Grid Girls to watch along with the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Great response! The race is great if you watch it. What race fan cares about who's at the race? My only regret is not having the Grid Girls to watch along with the race.
    I miss the grid girls too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I miss the grid girls too.
    YEAH i miss the EYE candy also.....i mean grid girls

Good performance from the car, but keep in mind that tomorrow RB can correct his car and close the gap a bit, if not more than a bit. Ferrari must score a 1-2 result, but there is still a long way to go, without forgetting that we can also compromise it without the help of the competitors

i saw kinda porpoising in the helmet cam of Charles. but in spain we overcame this problem as i remember.