Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2022 Monaco Grand Prix: Post Race Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    I post it here.
    Great insight. At the same time, I like the transparency. They ****ed up and they know it.
    All in all, when is discussed here (pit Carlos, not Charles, wait for slicks, double stack etc) are correct and Ferrari is wrong.
    What surprised me is the revelation that you need 6 seconds for the double stack and they didn't have it!
    Seriously, how on earth are you going for a double pit stop when you are UNDER the limit?
    https://www.linkedin.com/posts/scude...um=android_app
    Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    Oh man
    That right there, you can feel the pain from both sides.
    More like, "I can't believe we screwed up this bad" or "Oh hell, how did this happen?"
    Ferrari explain two timing errors which cost Leclerc Monaco win

In the round-up: Ferrari’s head of race strategy, Inaki Rueda, says the team misjudged Charles Leclerc’s gap to his rivals twice during the Monaco Grand Prix.

In brief

Ferrari made two timing errors which cost Leclerc Monaco win

Ferrari’s sporting director and head of race strategy, Inaki Rueda, explained on a video released by the team they had made “two mistakes” with Leclerc’s strategy in the race, which saw him fall from first to fourth.

To begin with they attempted to cover Sergio Perez’s switch to intermediate tyres. At the point Leclerc came into the pits, Ferrari’s strategy software showed his likely advantage over Perez had diminished to just one second. Rueda said they hadn’t expected Perez to gain nine seconds on their driver in a single lap.

The team’s second mistake “was a gap mistake again” Rueda continued. “We wanted to pit both cars onto dry tyres. On lap 21, we thought the track was good for dry tyres. At the same time we were bringing Carlos in to try and keep the lead of the race, we thought, ‘let’s bring Charles to try and undercut Perez so we can finish P1 and P2’.

“As we were coming in, we were looking at our tools and our gaps. The gap in between our cars was five seconds. It was tight for a stop here. A comfortable stop here is done with six seconds in between the cars, but we thought five-and-a-half seconds might be enough.

“As the cars got closer and closer to pit entry, the gap was narrowed and at pit entry, the gap was only three-and-a-half seconds. We made a last second attempt to try and tell Charles to stay out, but it was too late – he had already veered into the pit lane and in this stop, Charles lost two seconds. This was crucial. This is what allowed Verstappen to come out ahead of Charles a lap later.”

https://www.racefans.net/2022/06/04/...nd-up-04-06-5/
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Came away feeling "bittersweet" said Rueda - what was even minimally sweet about any of that bungled mess? Gimmee a break!
    THEY WERE PLAIN OVERCONFIDENT, confused and messed up. they must do smarter and better going forward! Monaco was another gift to our opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Liscia View Post
    Came away feeling "bittersweet" said Rueda - what was even minimally sweet about any of that bungled mess? Gimmee a break!
    THEY WERE PLAIN OVERCONFIDENT, confused and messed up. they must do smarter and better going forward! Monaco was another gift to our opponents.
    RB were fighting for the championship last year and that recent experience probably makes them better at managing pit strategy at the moment. Ferrari are rusty. They will sharpen up in future I'm sure, but we sure dropped the ball this time.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX132 View Post
    RB were fighting for the championship last year and that recent experience probably makes them better at managing pit strategy at the moment. Ferrari are rusty. They will sharpen up in future I'm sure, but we sure dropped the ball this time.
    Exactly my feeling. That was a hard slap on the face, hopefully that will wake them up.
    When you're competing for the championships, a result like this has nothing bittersweet about it.
    You don't compromize and say "oh, ok, we did at least get 2 and 4", no, you lost your P1 and P2.

Back to drawing board, assess what you did wrong (yes , you erfed up), make sure this don't happen again.

And come back stronger.
    And for the love of God. No excuses. Noone cares for those.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

It was a red bull, so the FIA puts on the blinders....if it were Ferrari, then for sure we would have been penalized