Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: 2022 British Grand Prix - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    So just me that's not allowed an opinion? How's that a free world for you....
    I DIDNT say anywhere that you are NOT entitled to your opinion....everyone is or should be...were human beings for crying out loud....we should be able to have a good debate on any opinions that US tiffosi have on this forum

Did Lewis pit under SC in Abu Dhabi??? kind of shows it's not just a certain thing to do....
    They figured there wouldn't be time for a restart. Very different scenario. Only in places like Monaco and Singapore is staying out on old hard rubber an option for a sprint.

If they were unsure about the durability, they could've given him the mediums they started the race with. They went about 300 metres in race trim so would've been very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    I DIDNT say anywhere that you are NOT entitled to your opinion....everyone is or should be...were human beings for crying out loud....we should be able to have a good debate on any opinions that US tiffosi have on this forum
    So why is my opinion a problem for you?
    Forza Ferrari

Did Lewis pit under SC in Abu Dhabi??? kind of shows it's not just a certain thing to do....
    True....Toto's decision to leave Lewis out on 39 lap old tires was because of track position. It was obvious Lewis couldn't pit under the Latifi crash......but under the VSC, Lewis COULD HAVE pitted earlier in the race but didn't due to track position.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    True....Toto's decision to leave Lewis out on 39 lap old tires was because of track position. It was obvious Lewis couldn't pit under the Latifi crash......but under the VSC, Lewis COULD HAVE pitted earlier in the race but didn't due to track position.
    so you agree track position is important, because in Monaco where track position is EVERYTHING, you thought we should have pitted Leclerc and gave Maxipad the lead.

It’s not a problem....your opinion
    Where did I say that??? I just said that everyone IS entitled to his/her opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    so you agree track position is important, because in Monaco where track position is EVERYTHING, you thought we should have pitted Leclerc and gave Maxipad the lead.
    Monaco is a track you cannot pass nor is there any speed there compared to Silverstone.

It's not opinion that's the problem, your tone and reaction is so condescending that it leaves most thinking....."why even reply."

Monaco is a track you cannot pass nor is there any speed there compared to Silverstone.
    exactly, you have to balance the ability to pass, with track position, and the delta the new tyres will give you, and the degredation

i am enjoying this conversation for the record, with all those who have replied recently.

but there are some on the board ( mostly detractors ) who start bashing, but they don't have the facts or knowledge to back it up. Not mentioning any names, but that's what I take issue with.

part of me wonders, in modern F1, with how frequent safety cars are, and DRS, do you really want to be the car in front?

exactly, you have to balance the ability to pass, with track position, and the delta the new tyres will give you, and the degredation
    You also have to factor in the time loss with that front wing damage over 95% of the race left as opposed to changing the front wing and making up the time lost.

With front wing damage that early in the race, you're loosing alot of time as opposed to not changing the front wing.

All this strategy misscalls and blunders that Ferrari pit wall is playing is unfortunately real, genuine Ferrari. That time with Schumacher that was exeption from usual pattern.

You also have to factor in the time loss with that front wing damage over 95% of the race left as opposed to changing the front wing and making up the time lost.

With front wing damage that early in the race, you're loosing alot of time.
    i agree, i just don't think it was that much Leclerc was losing, i think he's the fastest on the grid, but not fast enough where he'll still be so much quicker than Sainz even with severe damage

i do think it was effecting him causing him to lock up into those corners. which is amazing to think that these drivers are so on it, that it will be that noticeable

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    All this strategy misscalls and blunders that Ferrari pit wall is playing is unfortunately real, genuine Ferrari. That time with Schumacher that was exeption from usual pattern.
    Australia 2018

i agree, i just don't think it was that much Leclerc was losing, i think he's the fastest on the grid, but not fast enough where he'll still be so much quicker than Sainz even with severe damage

i do think it was effecting him causing him to lock up into those corners. which is amazing to think that these drivers are so on it, that it will be that noticeable
    And that's just the front wing call blunder. There are other blunders in this race as well.

They left Leclerc out there with a limp sausage in his hand to fend for himself as Santino would say from the GodFather.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    agreed

And if Lewis stayed out, won the race you would be delighted right? Charles is making mistakes but you can cover your eyes and pretend not to see them....

SC was just back luck for us, get over it and untwist your panties.
    He would have stayed on hards and gotten passed by Charles and Perez on sorts. Easily. Carlos may not have gotten past him. Just like Charles got owned by Carlos, Perez and the aforementioned affirmative action champion.

It wasn’t bad luck, it was a bunch of imbeciles on the pit wall, stop simping for them and admit they are an incompetent gaggle of eff ups. Wasn’t bad luck for Carlos, was it?

It's not opinion that's the problem, your tone and reaction is so condescending that it leaves most thinking....."why even reply."
    Saying congrats to Sainz on his 1st win is such a hardship for some on here it seems

How was that tone for you?
    Forza Ferrari

the only thing i take issue with is the "free pitstop" misconception. if that were true, Sainz would have won Canada.
    But staying out would've guaranteed him losing to Max. Just look at the lap times. On lap 45 Max was 9.8 seconds behind, the gap was 7.7 seconds on lap 48. No way Sainz could've stayed ahead.

But pitting under the SC gave him the opportunity to fight Max. Both were on hards with Max's tyres were only 4 laps older. It enabled Sainz to attack and finishing the race less than a second behind, instead of 10+ seconds.

Charles on the other hand was on a 16 laps older hards while Sainz and co were on brand new softs. He had zero chance to defend against them.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    He would have stayed on hards and gotten passed by Charles and Perez on sorts. Easily. Carlos may not have gotten past him. Just like Charles got owned by Carlos, Perez and the aforementioned affirmative action champion.

It wasn’t bad luck, it was a bunch of imbeciles on the pit wall, stop simping for them and admit they are an incompetent gaggle of eff ups. Wasn’t bad luck for Carlos, was it?
    So then Perez would probably have won....well done on your most excellent strategy.
    Forza Ferrari

It’s not a problem. It’s just always wrong.

LOL

Saying congrats to Sainz on his 1st win is such a hardship for some on here it seems

How was that tone for you?
    Your tone was fine the 1st time you said it.

Calling everyone that had an opinion on Ferrari's strat calls throughtout the race "MOANERS" is something else. People had an opinion and most of them were right and I agreed with most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    It’s not a problem. It’s just always wrong.

LOL
    You only come here to read my opinions....
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    But staying out would've guaranteed him losing to Max. Just look at the lap times. On lap 45 Max was 9.8 seconds behind, the gap was 7.7 seconds on lap 48. No way Sainz could've stayed ahead.

But pitting under the SC gave him the opportunity to fight Max. Both were on hards with Max's tyres were only 4 laps older. It enabled Sainz to attack and finishing the race less than a second behind, instead of 10+ seconds.

Charles on the other hand was on a 14 laps older hards while Sainz and co were on brand new softs. He had zero chance to defend against them.
    I agree with you, but that isn't the point i'm making.

if it was "free pitstop" he's be able to pit from the lead, put on soft tyres, and maintain the lead. But even with a 7.7 second lead, he came out second.

Calling everyone that had an opinion on Ferrari's strat calls throughtout the race "MOANERS" is something else. People had an opinion and most of them were right and I agreed with most of them.
    but i think a lot of these detractors, operate 100% from hindsight. I'm trying not to.

Awh bless so what would you call people who are moaning on the internet, wouldn't want to upset you...you were more happy last season when Perez was overtaking a Ferrari than about a Sainz win....sums up quite a lot.
    Forza Ferrari

Charles winning the WDC is a success for Ferrari. Why can't people understand that?

Ferrari's priorities should've been to close the gap to Max.

Charles winning the WDC is a success for Ferrari. Why can't people understand that?

Ferrari winning the WCC is a success for Ferrari, the priority is to close the gap to Red Bull.
    Forza Ferrari

100% agree, and i think they are too concerned about WCC and being a "team".

my hope is, with the Sainz win out of the way, he will be quick, take points away from Maxipad, and be a team player. Otherwise, gifting him this win was pointless.