Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Austrian Grand Prix - -Buildup, Practice & Qualifying Thread

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    Sky blaming the wind now for the Merc's crashing

Lmao
    Yeah I heard...they were claiming that only Mercs were there when that tail wind started on turn 8. And then headwind on turn 10 for Russel

Sky blaming the wind now for the Merc's crashing

Lmao
    must have been their own hot air

I assume Perez will receive penalty? Exceeding track limits in Q2?

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I assume Perez will receive penalty? Exceeding track limits in Q2?
    He got away with cutting a corner nearly crashing into Charles on the way back last time so I'm not holding my breath since there's always this chance that Max International Assistance will be in full force helping Red Bull again. Binotto will then mumble something about for the good of the sport as the other Bull is wheeled up to within striking distance for the start tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    He got away with cutting a corner nearly crashing into Charles on the way back last time so I'm not holding my breath since there's always this chance that Max International Assistance will be in full force helping Red Bull again. Binotto will then mumble something about for the good of the sport as the other Bull is wheeled up to within striking distance for the start tomorrow
    I don’t think it’s easy to get away now. He clearly exceeded the line, lap time would have been deleted. He moves to P11.
    Instead he was into Q3. Gasly is at loss now.

Going on the number of fruitless poles Charles has had this year, I'll happily accept P2 in quali for the sprint race, and Carlos P3. Two Mercs in the wall and possible penalty for Perez, so let's hope we can capitalise. Not sure I like the idea of 6 sprint races next year, though.

Μax track limits??!!!!
    8Attachment 8050
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

both drivers were excellent, it was amazing and super exciting!

also it was like what i have said before. (in the quoite) I was expecting that we could compete with redbulls, and we did it.

If we dont mess up in the strategy, we can win the sprint race and the main race. Sainz looks so fast he seems have no problem with his self-confidence

Quote Originally Posted by stasera View Post
    I do not agree on that. Because there is only one very long straight in Austria. The starting straight is medium lenght. It's like in Barcelona. Even though the 3rd straight is the DRS area, but it is difficult to pass bcz its not too long. Already Redbull cars manage to be faster than Ferraris towards the end of the straight not the starting. but already ferrari cars cover the distance faster than redbulls and In addition, track-team harmony does not mean much. Because many times, they won on tracks that were suitable for our vehicles. Why not vice versa. Besides, our car is not slow either. Plus there's the Charles factor. Incredibly fast, he will definitely take the pole, and he will break his unluckiness.

as sebastian once said "the man of the future" and "the most talented driver I came across in 15 years of F1" and urged the 23-year-old "not to waste it" i have eternal trust in him

So much for Marco flapping his gums about that turbo of the Honda engine working
    Better at higher altitude….seems like Ferrari’s is just as good

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Μax track limits??!!!!
    8Attachment 8050
    Was this on his pole lap? If so it should be investigated…
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Μax track limits??!!!!
    8Attachment 8050
    As long as one of his tyres touching the white line, then it's not track limit

Happy with 2nd and 3rd, I feel this will be a good weekend for us, just need to not make any dumb strategy calls.

As for Hamilton, Mr lucky again. of course he crashes at a sprint weekend, so he gets another shot at qually. lol
    Last edited by Redfive; 8th July 2022 at 17:19. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Was this on his pole lap? If so it should be investigated…
    Yes it was on his pole lap.
    But it's too close to call. The front right might be millimeters on the white line.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Yes it was on his pole lap.
    But it's too close to call. The front right might be millimeters on the white line.
    Going to have install a VAR type system and sensors in the tires like goal-line technology lol

But at least an investigation to show consistency…
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

So in RedBull track (all straights and very few corners) in high altitude where it supposed to benefit the super special Honda turbo ,we end up 29 milliseconds behind in P2 and another 90 in P3. And with a not so good lap from Lec!!!
    I'm happy with our performance.
    Let's see if our luck will change now that we don't start from pole!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

does anyone have sector time of leclerc regarding his 2 attempts in Q3 ?

Ferrari sandwich on its way.The boys must attack max to no end sandwich and pressure him enjoy his slip stream, under pressure max will crack perez can't help him, baring ****ups it should be epic.Dr Death marko wrong again, thank God he is not a medical doctor the miss diagnosis would be astonishing resulting in removal of licence to practice, just a menace **** string Austrian should be yodelling with Totto in the Alps.

Quote Originally Posted by gump1480 View Post
    Yeah I heard...they were claiming that only Mercs were there when that tail wind started on turn 8. And then headwind on turn 10 for Russel
    i think it was either Russell or Norris who lost it in Zandvort last year, that was also the wind.

Only the wind when it's one of their favorites.

When Sainz went in the gravel at Spain it was Sainz being Sainz, when Maxipad did it too it was the wind suddenly.

what are the strategies for tomorrow? Mediums and no pit stops right?

starting with hards is kinda risky. Mediums seem will resist till end of the race, but softs dont. if it rains, there is no possibility of a faultless strategy. we will definitelly make mistake in the strategy side. specially in the main race. i think there will be a bit downpour in sunday.

Can anyone give me optimism for a win tomorrow/Sunday?

We had a good Quali today but we know even when we've been on pole Red Bull are stronger in race trim. I'm very anxious about our starts lately, we just don't seem to get away that well and it costs us a chance to put our car ahead into turn 1 most GP's.

Can anyone give me optimism for a win tomorrow/Sunday?

We had a good Quali today but we know even when we've been on pole Red Bull are stronger in race trim. I'm very anxious about our starts lately, we just don't seem to get away that well and it costs us a chance to put our car ahead into turn 1 most GP's.
    not sure how much it matters, if we're ahead and our tyres start to go off, with 3 DRS zones, we will be over taken by the Fizzy Drinks team. If we're behind, it'll take massive tyre wear on the fizzy drink team to get by.

If the tyre wear is basically equal, then the start is going to be oh so critical.

that is assuming both teams choose to to run mediums with no pits in the sprint. so far the armchair strategists here have yet to weigh in, preferring to hide behind hindsight.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Going on the number of fruitless poles Charles has had this year, I'll happily accept P2 in quali for the sprint race, and Carlos P3. Two Mercs in the wall and possible penalty for Perez, so let's hope we can capitalise. Not sure I like the idea of 6 sprint races next year, though.
    Good points!

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    The real worry starts tomorrow. Ferrari's pitwall may surprise me with even more incompetence but I'm prepared.
    Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
    that's all we can do....unfortunately Ferrari strategy always been 50-50.....they either get it right or wrong....most of the time they botch it....

i'm still waiting for them to prove me wrong.....not just once in a while, but constantly prove me wrong

Hopefully the Ferrari's get through the cluster**** that's going to be the first two corners.

All Q3 times canceled at Checo Perez

@Giuliano Duchessa

Perez will be starting 10th. Good for us.

good, there is no mercedes, no perez. we need to eat verstappen alive with 2 cars

Perez P13?
    Forza Ferrari