Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314

Thread: 2022 Austrian Grand Prix - -Buildup, Practice & Qualifying Thread

Fight Max not each other, ferrari are still Rookies when it comes to driver management and strategy.Red bull are miles ahead in these departments, and this ladies and gentleman win titles.

image.jpg

Max smiling to himself and think, "You idiots!"
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    image.jpg

how many times has he crashed into his own teammate

Mattia Binotto thinks it is too early for team orders:

"It is not yet time to give team orders, there are only 12 points between the two. Both drivers know that if at some point on has a better chance for the title, we will prioritise them. It is part of the contracts."

If you give these instructions to two of your young drivers. At some point if they crash with each other, then you will come out & speak something else.

Both drivers feel they have best opportunity with current year Car. Hence going for it. They should think of team first, someday somebody need to compromise & play for team. If this is the case at every race I feel nervous not because of we are fighting with Max instead fighting with each other.

Mattia Binotto on team orders for Charles Leclerc:

"If Charles continues to prove that he is the faster driver, and is leading the championship, there will be a priority on him. Both drivers know that. This is really obvious."

What the hell he need to prove? 2 mechanical DNFs & 2 of your pit wall mistakes. Caused him to loose 1st place.

Carlos Sainz on the battle with Charles:

"I think today there was very little to gain or lose by the fighting. We're talking about a 1 point difference, as it was a sprint."

"Also, Max looked very in control the whole race. So it's not like we lost out basically."

Charles Leclerc says Ferrari can't afford to repeat the intra-team battle with Sainz again tomorrow.

Charles: "Tomorrow tyre management will be even more important compared to today. We cannot afford to do what we did today."

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Mattia Binotto thinks it is too early for team orders:

"It is not yet time to give team orders, there are only 12 points between the two. Both drivers know that if at some point on has a better chance for the title, we will prioritise them. It is part of the contracts."

They are so close, I did not know that, of course Charles is better driver and so on, but anyways, I like to see racing. IMO team orders sucks. In every level.

Mekies: "There are positives and negatives. We have two competitive drivers that could keep a very good pace. You can't anticipate what happens in the first lap, so they overtook each other few times.Then we went into a dynamic where Charles was saving tyres in the first part of the race. It's something we will work with the drivers for tomorrow. In terms of pure pace, the good news was that our cars were very close to Max. We knew we were close, it's positive thinking about tomorrow, more or less the same pace. The race is long, it won't be 100km, but we know we will have the pace to fight”.
    Good news. That is what I want see, fighting.

Charles' goal last year was to bring a win to a team in bad shape, taking risks on strategy and settings for. With also a little bad luck, he was far from having won all the points that were at his door and by the way gave some to Carlos
    Now, this year, Charles' goal is to beat Max
    Since his arrival, Carlos' goal is to beat Charles to have the team for himself
    His yesterday’s statements confirm this, but they all have been in this direction since the beginning
    No, he can’t say he’s free to attack Charles while he’s handling the tires because in all case Max is too fast anyway
    It is not up to him to decide and in any case it is only him who is not at Max’s level, Charles is at his level (i can show the dada proving that, but it's the same since ever)
    I’ve been saying for a long time that I prefer that Sainz misses his qualifications, because I fear above all that he will crush Charles
    Greig, no, Carlos doesn’t have the charles' speed, he never had it and never will
    And yes he must be fired, he and his people are destructive for the team
    We can talk about it again after the crash that has all the chances to happen as well as at the end of the year, when we realize that the title was possible without the devastating behavior of this second zone driver

Give the kid the team!
    Last edited by Gilles; 10th July 2022 at 11:10.

Carlos Sainz on the battle with Charles:

"I think today there was very little to gain or lose by the fighting. We're talking about a 1 point difference, as it was a sprint."

"Also, Max looked very in control the whole race. So it's not like we lost out basically."

Charles Leclerc says Ferrari can't afford to repeat the intra-team battle with Sainz again tomorrow.

Charles: "Tomorrow tyre management will be even more important compared to today. We cannot afford to do what we did today."
    If both drivers tangled and DNF yesterday, we would be losing more than just 1 points

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    They are so close, I did not know that, of course Charles is better driver and so on, but anyways, I like to see racing. IMO team orders sucks. In every level.
    Where did you see they are close?

Also, it's more about intelligence than about team orders
    As Charles said, fighting at the start (thanks to the track clean side start, the Max move on Charles and the 3 drs zones) instead of setting up the tires to beat Max is totaly stupid
    Carlos' overtakings were all defeated by Max and Charles, all this to finish at four seconds. As always, he does not see that he is ridiculous and is ready to start again

Give the kid the team!
    Last edited by Gilles; 10th July 2022 at 12:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
    I hate to say it as I'm normally against them but we need to enforce team orders. The drivers squabbling with each other is only letting Max run away.

also.. is there anyone Hamilton hasn't hit this year? jeez
    This has to be done immediately.

Binotto says after the summer break, but this could be too late.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I was not able to watch today sprint, and won't be able to watch race. What I have read, it seams we are fighting between self and letting MV win, so nothing new...
    The year Ferrari finally has the fastest car/good enough for the WDC, and then all this...

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    The year Ferrari finally has the fastest car/good enough for the WDC, and then all this...
    Shame

Give the kid the team!

Mattia Binotto on team orders for Charles Leclerc:

"If Charles continues to prove that he is the faster driver, and is leading the championship, there will be a priority on him. Both drivers know that. This is really obvious."

What the hell he need to prove? 2 mechanical DNFs & 2 of your pit wall mistakes. Caused him to loose 1st place.
    Mattia is a genius!

Give the kid the team!

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Mattia is a genius!

Give the kid the team!
    It's been clear for several years Leclerc is the fastest driver and also the one Ferrari invested in the most for their future.

Team mistakes cost him at least 3 wins.

Don't know what else more he is supposed to 'prove'.

Binnottos comments about team orders etc are funny.The man is a clown.There are 12 points difference between our drivers because you screw Charles race by race.
    Also i see some people trying to tell us that Sainz is the right man for the championship...he s not...as Massa was not.
    Today i see Ferrari 1-2.I dont know how but i see it.

Sainz is slow as hell. Charles already proven that he is the fastest guy on the grid. he has incredibly potential.

Max and Charles are really so fast.
    but you know if perez finds his rhythm he can be fast as fast max, even sometimes he beats him, specially in qualifying though not that often. however he cant remain at this level continually. yet he has a level that never falls below more than a line.
    Russell looks fast. and bottas, alonso etc.

Sainz is just a mediocre driver. its like albon in RB. He doesnt have championship material

Quote Originally Posted by faloupas View Post
    Binnottos comments about team orders etc are funny.The man is a clown.There are 12 points difference between our drivers because you screw Charles race by race.
    Also i see some people trying to tell us that Sainz is the right man for the championship...he s not...as Massa was not.
    Today i see Ferrari 1-2.I dont know how but i see it.
    Yes, by Leclerc's own merit he should have considerably more points.

There's nothing more for him to prove. It is clear he is the fastest driver.

Yes Binotto, let Lec loose the maximum points possible each GP and don't give team order... so you won't have to give team orders at the end as there will be no possible championship to win anymore for either of them.

This is a running gag. Also Sainz can't count, it's not a 1 pt difference, if you win you get 1 more point and max looses 1, that's 2 points.

Sainz attacking in the first lap was incredibly stupid, they loose the DRS on max, and then he doesn't even send it on him while he had the chance T2, completely useless.
    Last edited by Petalpusher; 10th July 2022 at 10:43.

Sainz is a 7th-8th calibre driver, don't get me wrong he's okay as far as speed goes for a #2. For speed, If you ask for speed I'd have him over Gasly and the always lucky Pérez any day of the week. Vettel has a higher ceiling than Sainz but is hard to judge these days so for me it's hard to say whether choosing Sainz over him was the right call. He does make Stroll look silly most of the time in a bottom-feeder car though.

Either way, the problem Sainz has is that he's gotten into his own head that he's the natural successor of Senna or something and that clearly leads to problems when harsh reality checks aren't levelled.

Barrichello as a top five driver on the grid knew his role and his place in the team and was fast enough to steal points away from our rivals. If Michael had been elsewhere, Rubens would've won the '02 and '04 titles. Dealing with Sainz right now it truly makes me appreciate what a special and invaluable #2 Rubens actually was for us.

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    image.jpg

Helmut Marko :
    “Ferrari was very close to us. But luckily for us they fought each other. We accept it with a slight surprise, but also with gratitude because this gave Max two seconds ahead and from that moment on he led the race alone”

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    https://twitter.com/...807777548877825

I don't want to be controversial, however listening to the TRs I don't understand why they don't exchange information inside the #Ferrari box. #Leclerc says "tell me when tires are ready" because he's waiting to push. #Sainz behind says "I think he's struggling" and Adami "copy," but tell him (that Leclerc is waiting to push)... -->

Other strange thing is Adami's incitement to #Sainz at the time they were side by side, urging him to use K1 to pass.

It seems there are two teams within Ferrari, Leclercs and Sainzs not sharing race info and working against each other
    There is the will to pass Sainz ahead of Leclerc, on the track as in the championship
    As Binotto thinks reliability will prevent us to win the title, he looks more on 2023
    So he uses this season to give a present to a strategic sponsor and reinforce Leclerc' mentality with continuous frustration
    Sainz was chosen for his "special" mentality and to catch back Santander

https://www.funoanalisitecnica.com/2...efresh_ce=8514

Give the kid the team!
    Last edited by Gilles; 10th July 2022 at 12:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Where did you see they are close?
    Points man, only 12 points difference, I thought that it would be something like 50 points or so.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Points man, only 12 points difference, I thought that it would be something like 50 points or so.
    Ok I've misunderstood you, sorry

Charles is Carlos idol rightfully so . Charles pushed every race and got 4x WDC to surrender. A 1,2 Ferrari finish every race should be the goal! No team orders!