Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Charles Leclerc #16

You do understand that Leclerc is already history, right?
    After the GP of Hungary, I think Leclerc already took the decision to move to RB or Mercedes. He will not renew his contract with Ferrari.

Excellent work from the team, they definitely lost the trust towards them from a generational talent.

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    After the GP of Hungary, I think Leclerc already took the decision to move to RB or Mercedes. He will not renew his contract with Ferrari.

Excellent work from the team, they definitely lost the trust towards them from a generational talent.
    that decision will be better for his career. i will always support him whatever team he races for.

For me, Ferrari will be first. But I will always have a soft-spot for him. Like I developed one for Vettel (not so for Alonso) or Michael. Especially the latter, since I didn't like him during his Benetton days.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Leclerc and team after 11 races have thrown away 109 points for 2022. Good read.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/a...obwR&fs=e&s=cl
    Mainly the team if we need to be honest.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Mainly the team if we need to be honest.
    The team made their share of mistakes but Leclerc crashing out in France and spinning in Imola is his fault. There's no sugarcoating that. Verstappen too made just as many mistakes but he somehow always is able to make up for it, be it strategy or team orders or outright just saving by not binning the car.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    The team made their share of mistakes but Leclerc crashing out in France and spinning in Imola is his fault. There's no sugarcoating that. Verstappen too made just as many mistakes but he somehow always is able to make up for it, be it strategy or team orders or outright just saving by not binning the car.
    Agreed in principle. What I don't understand is how he does it. Yesterday Verstappen did a full 360º spin and.... not a single flat in any of his tyres? C'mon, give me a break!

Which is what I am saying. Of course he 's made 2 (two) mistakes this year. But these mistakes are not the reason he's 80(ish) points behind, are they?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Those are huge allegations you're making, Do you have knowledge we don't have ?? You're basing this on your own opinion and not actual facts.

I don't see CL leaving Ferrari, Not as of yet i suppose. He's got the best chance of really winning a title with Ferrari ( Lets leave the teams strategies out this time ).

Hamilton will at least stay another year at Merc. Red Bull won't change their driver line up either for next year. Mclaren are sorted for next year too.

So where does that leave him ? Nowhere, so he's only option is to swallow the bitter pill and hopefully there will be some technical changes within Ferrari come the end of the year. OR maybe sooner ?

But saying this, we can't afford to lose CL, he's world class material for me. He needs to tweak a few things in his approach at races, but that will also come, Just like it did for Verstappen.

I just hope that he'll get someone, Like a manager to take him under their wing and bring confidence back into him. That's my wish.
    Drive it like you stole it!

Which is what I am saying. Of course he 's made 2 (two) mistakes this year. But these mistakes are not the reason he's 80(ish) points behind, are they?
    Even his second mistake spinning in France and getting stuck in the tyre barriers was bad luck in a way, had it been HAM or Max, they'd have been able to get going again instead of Charles getting his nose lodged in the tyres. Of course he did mention the throttle issue, so maybe that's why he couldn't reverse out and carry on? And you're right, those two mistakes aren't the reason for his championship chances disintegrating.

Charles has already renewed his contract, UNTIL 2026!!! And even if he wants to leave, there's nowhere to go until at least end of next year.
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Even his second mistake spinning in France and getting stuck in the tyre barriers was bad luck in a way, had it been HAM or Max, they'd have been able to get going again instead of Charles getting his nose lodged in the tyres. Of course he did mention the throttle issue, so maybe that's why he couldn't reverse out and carry on? And you're right, those two mistakes aren't the reason for his championship chances disintegrating.
    I don't understand where you base what you say. Charles had an incident ( I believe it was due to his almost gone tyres ) that sent him to the barriers and his car had some degree of damage. From that he could not recover, for what ever the reason offered. Why do you believe that either Max or Lewis would be able to? Do you make a hypothetical? Where do you base such hypothetical, what are your facts or your data?
    I believe that the moment the tyres were gone the way they were, it was bye bye race.

Quote Originally Posted by dfunk257 View Post
    Charles has already renewed his contract, UNTIL 2026!!! And even if he wants to leave, there's nowhere to go until at least end of next year.
    He has not expressed any such desire. Bitterness or sadness for the happenings of the pitwall? Sure and it took him long enough and good for him.
    But that goes long ways for people to start foreseeing his departure from the Scuderia.

I don't understand where you base what you say. Charles had an incident ( I believe it was due to his almost gone tyres ) that sent him to the barriers and his car had some degree of damage. From that he could not recover, for what ever the reason offered. Why do you believe that either Max or Lewis would be able to? Do you make a hypothetical? Where do you base such hypothetical, what are your facts or your data?
    I believe that the moment the tyres were gone the way they were, it was bye bye race.
    I think he was saying Charkes had back luck, unlike generaly Lewis and Max

Please refer to Gilles' comment (#43 above) and yes, I was basically referring to bad luck suffered by Charles in not being able to extract the car from the tyre barriers and possibly continue after a visit to the pits. I have no definite understanding as to what damage the car had suffered but if it had been HAM or VER, the likelihood would have been that luck enabled them to continue!

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    I think he was saying Charkes had back luck, unlike generaly Lewis and Max
    Encore une fois je dois te remercier pour la comprehension et appui, Gilles!

Forza Ferrari

Please refer to Gilles' comment (#43 above) and yes, I was basically referring to bad luck suffered by Charles in not being able to extract the car from the tyre barriers and possibly continue after a visit to the pits. I have no definite understanding as to what damage the car had suffered but if it had been HAM or VER, the likelihood would have been that luck enabled them to continue!
    So it's just a hypothetical; We don't know what sort of damage the car had, if it would be able to continue had Charles been able to actually bring it to the pits, how much time they'd need to make it work, if he'd be say a lap behind, and so forth.
    Quite honestly I see no reason in all this, his tyres were next to shot, he lost traction, off he went, end of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Great video! Monaco is beautiful, and Charles is definitely blessed and living his best life! Hopefully he can add some championships to his resume!
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

So it's just a hypothetical; We don't know what sort of damage the car had, if it would be able to continue had Charles been able to actually bring it to the pits, how much time they'd need to make it work, if he'd be say a lap behind, and so forth.
    Quite honestly I see no reason in all this, his tyres were next to shot, he lost traction, off he went, end of the story.
    So you're saying that it wasn't entirely his own fault as his tyres were shot......I'm happy with that!

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Great video! Monaco is beautiful, and Charles is definitely blessed and living his best life! Hopefully he can add some championships to his resume!
    Indeed, Charles seems like a real nice guy also very down to earth. Hopefully we can turn it around for him and give him titles.
    Forza Ferrari

So you're saying that it wasn't entirely his own fault as his tyres were shot......I'm happy with that!
    They (the team) pushed their luck, pushing their tyres to the limit. If you see the replay of the incident at least to me it's obvious that there is pretty much no traction left to the tyres to withstand the turn at this speed and this is why the car just runs out and happens what happens.

So yes, I don't believe it was entirely his own fault (and yes, Charles has this tendency to whip his own back no matter what happens. Actually there is this interview I was reading someplace that he says that he's really hard on himself but it's part of what drives him to improve).

I wonder if it would do good for him if he teams up with Prost as a mentor. He was recently let go from Renault and is one of the few champions from the classical F1 era that are still actively involved in the sport not to mention that he is French too.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

I wonder if it would do good for him if he teams up with Prost as a mentor. He was recently let go from Renault and is one of the few champions from the classical F1 era that are still actively involved in the sport not to mention that he is French too.
    If I remember correctly, Prost fell out with Ferrari big-time when his contract was terminated back in the early 90s. Nice thought, but I don't think it would/could happen.

I don't believe Charles will ever want out of Ferrari. He once said he would pay to stay!

There's a lot of talk about him and Mercedes having discussions. Usually there is some truth to this.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    There's a lot of talk about him and Mercedes having discussions. Usually there is some truth to this.
    I just think if Lewis leaves due to not getting a winning car like before; Charles will not want to join Merc knowing they haven't got a winning car knowing that's why Lewis left. Again a remember Charles saying Ferrari forever!

I think you don't have any idea at all about who Charles Leclerc is.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Halfway thru the season. Here's the comparison between Leclerc and Sainz.

https://twitter.com/F1/status/155986...212800/photo/1
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    I think you don't have any idea at all about who Charles Leclerc is.
    No I don't.
    But at the end of the day, we will find out after 1-2 years, right? Of courses if he wins a championship, maybe he decides to stay.
    BTW, in some forums users say that there are talks between Merc and Leclerc

Charles is for sure among the great drivers . He needs a great car to show what he can do!! He wants it to be a Ferrari!