Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Charles Leclerc #16

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    BTW, when I said some months back that Leclerc will leave, everyone was bashing me.
    Now that reports arrive that3his relationship with Binotto is frozen, Toto wants him etc,do you still think that I overreacted?
    You mean the comments from Toto about Charles, Max and George way back in 2020 that someone thinks are now relevant to ask Charles about???
    Forza Ferrari

No. I am talking about my personal feeling. From seeing Charles after Silverstone, after Hungary and during Brazil.

I believe Charles and Carlos want to be with Ferrari till they retire!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    On another note, Charles and Charlotte have split up after a long relationship. I am sad for both of them and wish them both well. Possibly an even more determined Charles for 2023, but we must give them time and privacy.
    yep and with Binotto gone now, Charles has removed everything in his way. Don't get in this man's way!

I like Charles a great deal, but he needs to cut down on his mistakes.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Ferrari has to be as good as RB, so mistakes which happen don't matter. Just look at Max in Spain and Hungary, at the end mistakes happen. We as a team have to improve massively.

Agreed, everyone needs to raise their game in 2023 and beyond!
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

You are on the money! He perhaps needs to know he might be the driver told to move over if he can't get it right. Three top teams with 6 top drivers makes it important as never before to be on the money the whole race. And there are a few hopefuls also in that top 10 during the races just waiting for a mistake up front to move up!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    You are on the money! He perhaps needs to know he might be the driver told to move over if he can't get it right. Three top teams with 6 top drivers makes it important as never before to be on the money the whole race. And there are a few hopefuls also in that top 10 during the races just waiting for a mistake up front to move up!
    Leclerc is a faster driver than Sainz. Even all the team principles rated him as the second best driver after Verstappen. They put Sainz at 7th.

Both Verstappen and Sainz have more years of experience in F1 compared to Leclerc. Verstappen used to make a mistakes as well but improved with more experience.

However, any driver could be asked to move over if their race is compromised or they're not fast enough and the other driver has a better chance to score more points.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Leclerc is a faster driver than Sainz. Even all the team principles rated him as the second best driver after Verstappen. They put Sainz at 7th.

Both Verstappen and Sainz have more years of experience in F1 compared to Leclerc. Verstappen used to make a mistakes as well but improved with more experience.

However, any driver could be asked to move over if their race is compromised or they're not fast enough and the other driver has a better chance to score more points.
    Well said! Your last sentence is basically what I want it to be .

Well said! Your last sentence is basically what I want it to be .
    Well it is what happened to Reubens isn't it ?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Well it is what happened to Reubens isn't it ?
    Austria 2002! Move or lose your seat! But ! He was getting paid to drive! 3 yrs. at home with Merc and not a single win! No Rubens!!!!

Austria 2002! Move or lose your seat! But ! He was getting paid to drive! 3 yrs. at home with Merc and not a single win! No Rubens!!!!
    He was paid to do Ferrari's bidding as every driver.
    End of.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

[QUOTE=aroutis;1074334]He was paid to do Ferrari's bidding as every driver.
    End of.[/QU[/I]

I couldn't agree more . Schumy's 3 seasons @ Merc proved that for sure!

[QUOTE=Brembo;1074337]
    He was paid to do Ferrari's bidding as every driver.
    End of.[/QU[/I]

I couldn't agree more . Schumy's 3 seasons @ Merc proved that for sure!
    Schumi went to Merc to have fun and also help them build a winning team.
    And he achieved both.

[QUOTE=aroutis;1074346]

Schumi went to Merc to have fun and also help them build a winning team.
    And he achieved both.
    You left out Lewis with Merc becoming the GOAT of F-1! Masi saved the day for Schumi as far as that # 8 win . I really can't see Shumy having fun without a win.

You left out Lewis with Merc becoming the GOAT of F-1
    Bless you, I just laughed so hard. Lewis being a GOAT?
    Maybe you missed him being ruined by Russel in his first year at Merc (which btw was predicted by many, me included).
    Lewis is the biggest fraud of F1 , a marketing product. Fast, sure , able, of course, GOAT? LOL no.

And do we want to remember what you were calling Russel and how you were talking bout him last year? Nah... we really don't do we?

OK you win! Russell for sure did Lewis in! As far as Lewis being a marketing product you again are right! 7 WDCs is for sure right up there.

OK you win! Russell for sure did Lewis in! As far as Lewis being a marketing product you again are right! 7 WDCs is for sure right up there.
    he only got to 7 by luck, without having any challenges from other teams or team mates....apart from 2014, 15 and 16 when Nico was there....we all know that Bottas was just a dedicated #2 driver ONLY to help Luise

he only really won 2 championships (2014 and 2015) on merit adn one by luck in 2008 when he passed Glock in the last lap; that WDC really should have been Felipe's

2017, 18, 19 and 20 he only won with the help of the team making him a clear #1 and of course with no other real threat from other teams

when you have a rocket of a car with NO other competion and a dedicated #2 driver to help/back you up....of course you're gonna win multiple champioships

so NO, he is NOT a true GOAT.....Schumi on the other hand i DO consider a true GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    he only got to 7 by luck, without having any challenges from other teams or team mates....apart from 2014, 15 and 16 when Nico was there....we all know that Bottas was just a dedicated #2 driver ONLY to help Luise

he only really won 2 championships (2014 and 2015) on merit adn one by luck in 2008 when he passed Glock in the last lap; that WDC really should have been Felipe's

2017, 18, 19 and 20 he only won with the help of the team making him a clear #1 and of course with no other real threat from other teams

when you have a rocket of a car with NO other competion and a dedicated #2 driver to help/back you up....of course you're gonna win multiple champioships

so NO, he is NOT a true GOAT.....Schumi on the other hand i DO consider a true GOAT
    Thanks for sparing me the effort to answer ;)

After all is said and done it took Masi; not another driver to hold Sr Lewis back from that #8 win. Also being cursed so to speak with a top car should not be held against a drivers success. Schumy @ Merc without Rubens 3 yrs. and ZERO wins! A true user! Oh Rubens got paid!

After all is said and done it took Masi; not another driver to hold Sr Lewis back from that #8 win. Also being cursed so to speak with a top car should not be held against a drivers success. Schumy @ Merc without Rubens 3 yrs. and ZERO wins! A true user! Oh Rubens got paid!
    Not really. It took the stupidity of the Mercedes pitwalls. They only had to pit the majestic, GOAT (lol) one, for a set of fresh tyres.
    He had the faster car so he would be right behind Max, and once the race resumed he would quite easily overtake Max.
    HOWEVER Merc , spoiled brats as they were, thought they could politiked their way into finishing the race behind the safety car.
    And this is why every single racing fan, apart from Lewis/Merc fan (that btw includes you) went bonkers and screaming their lungs off when they saw that epic overtake and Toto protesting like a 6old.

We shall never forget AD2021 ;)

Not really. It took the stupidity of the Mercedes pitwalls. They only had to pit the majestic, GOAT (lol) one, for a set of fresh tyres.
    He had the faster car so he would be right behind Max, and once the race resumed he would quite easily overtake Max.
    HOWEVER Merc , spoiled brats as they were, thought they could politiked their way into finishing the race behind the safety car.
    And this is why every single racing fan, apart from Lewis/Merc fan (that btw includes you) went bonkers and screaming their lungs off when they saw that epic overtake and Toto protesting like a 6old.

We shall never forget AD2021 ;)
    way to tell him Aroutis....i couldn't have said it any better myself......

Sr Lewis could not overtake Masi! End of race! Sr Lewis needs just two more seasons without a WDC to match another Schumy record of 3 zeros in a row!!
    Last edited by Brembo; 18th January 2023 at 20:47.

Sr Lewis could not overtake Masi! End of race! Sr Lewis needs just two more seasons without a WDC to match another Schumy record of 3 zeros in a row!!
    Hamilton's biggest worry will be whether he gets beaten again by Russell.

Something seems to have changed. I saw the new salaries for the coming season neing published and what I immediately noticed was that Ferrari has translated their appreciation for Leclerc in dollars.............and also De Vries starting with a salary that doubles that of Tsunoda.

Driver Team Million End of contract.

Verstappen Red Bull 55 2028
    Leclerc Ferrari 36 2024
    Hamilton Mercedes 35 2023
    Norris McLaren 20 2025
    Perez Red Bull 10 2024
    Sainz Ferrari 10 2024
    Bottas Alfa Romeo 10 2025
    Russell Mercedes 8 2023
    Ocon Alpine 6 2024+
    Alonso Aston Martin 5 2024+
    Gasly Alpine 5 2024+
    Magnussen Haas 5 2023
    Albon Williams 3 2024+
    Stroll Aston Martin 2 Open
    De Vries AlphaTauri 2 2023+
    Hulkenberg Haas 2 2024
    Zhou Alfa Romeo 2 2023
    Piastri McLaren 2 2024+
    Tsunoda AlphaTauri 1 2023+
    Sargeant Williams 1 2023+
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Gosh that was unexpected. They are trying to keep him sweet.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Gosh that was unexpected. They are trying to keep him sweet.
    Charles @ 36M Carlos @10M !!!! Charles is worth 26 M more than Carlos seems really strange! Both contracts ending in 2024. I'm surprised if Carlos even shows up every race. IMO a pay check for 36 M in one year is for a WDC ! Formula 1 for sure has some strange formulas!

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    Something seems to have changed. I saw the new salaries for the coming season neing published and what I immediately noticed was that Ferrari has translated their appreciation for Leclerc in dollars.............and also De Vries starting with a salary that doubles that of Tsunoda.

Leclerc Ferrari 36 2024
    Norris McLaren 20 2025
    Perez Red Bull 10 2024
    Sainz Ferrari 10 2024
    Russell Mercedes 8 2023
    Ocon Alpine 6 2024+
    Gasly Alpine 5 2024+
    Magnussen Haas 5 2023
    Albon Williams 3 2024+
    Stroll Aston Martin 2 Open
    De Vries AlphaTauri 2 2023+
    Hulkenberg Haas 2 2024
    Zhou Alfa Romeo 2 2023
    Piastri McLaren 2 2024+
    Tsunoda AlphaTauri 1 2023+
    Sargeant Williams 1 2023+
    Wow! Very interesting!

Leclerc now earning even more than Hamilton as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post

Leclerc Ferrari 36 2024
    Norris McLaren 20 2025
    Perez Red Bull 10 2024
    Sainz Ferrari 10 2024
    Russell Mercedes 8 2023
    Ocon Alpine 6 2024+
    Gasly Alpine 5 2024+