Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Charles Leclerc #16

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    You don't have to agree of course, but Van Amersfoort did not say this recently. It was a long time ago, long before both were at the top of F1.
    And Van Amersfoort explained his words. He said that Charles was undoubtly the faster driver over one lap because he could reach an unreal level of concentration. But he also said Max had better raceskills than Charles. Charles can't race with the same level of concentration he has in qualy so in the race Max is a little faster just because of his racingskills.
    Van Amersfoort said the best driver ever would be a combination of the two drivers.
    Quite honestly what he said does not make it true, also there is this little thing called evolution.
    What happened during this time , if true (he is a Dutch , no?) does not mean it still holds true to this day.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Articles are popping up that Mercedes is getting ready to replace Hamilton, the driver - Charles.

What do you guys think?

Is it trash for ratings / some truth to it?

Where's smoke, there is fire they say...
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    Articles are popping up that Mercedes is getting ready to replace Hamilton, the driver - Charles.

What do you guys think?

I'm just hoping that Ferrari have got their reliability and every other aspect of the car sorted for 2023, then Charles can do the business for the team. If that happens, despite the media rumours and articles relating to Mercedes, I firmly believe that Charles won't go anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I'm just hoping that Ferrari have got their reliability and every other aspect of the car sorted for 2023, then Charles can do the business for the team. If that happens, despite the media rumours and articles relating to Mercedes, I firmly believe that Charles won't go anywhere.
    I agree, Charles won’t leave until he thinks he has a chance to win with Ferrari. But if Mercedes were to beat Ferrari on the track, he could leave.
    We don’t talk much about Norris, it should also attract top teams

What do you guys think?

Merc are negotiating a new deal with Lewis....using Leclerc as a bargaining chip nothing more.
    Forza Ferrari

I cannot see Charles leaving us. He likes racing in red.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Merc are negotiating a new deal with Lewis....using Leclerc as a bargaining chip nothing more.
    Maybe, and maybe not
    How long can he stay on top?
    Is Alonso as good than before?

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    I cannot see Charles leaving us. He likes racing in red.
    Very well said! He said he would drive for Ferrari without pay if he had to!

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Maybe, and maybe not
    How long can he stay on top?
    Is Alonso as good than before?
    Maybe right:
    Leclerc : “Eh, I know you’re afraid that I might go to Mercedes after Lewis Hamilton”, but honestly there are no negotiations, I’m very happy at Ferrari, I feel the enthusiasm of the people, I am very much excited about the idea of realizing the dream of winning the title. It is my biggest wish and that of everyone, of winning with this team, with Scuderia Ferrari.”

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Quite honestly what he said does not make it true, also there is this little thing called evolution.
    What happened during this time , if true (he is a Dutch , no?) does not mean it still holds true to this day.
    Of course him saying it does not make it true, but he knew both drivers very well so at the time, he probably was right. But indeed, there is evolution, so things can change.
    That Van Amersfoort is Dutch doesn't mean anything. he was closer with Charles than with Max.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Take a good look at it, Brembo, you will learn things
    Greig, another pious attack, banish me!
    Last edited by Gilles; 19th February 2023 at 18:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Take a good look at it, Brembo, you will learn things
    Greig, another pious attack, banish me!
    But.. I'm on your ignore list?

What do you guys think?

LOL
    I say that it's all wishful thinking from the british racing press.
    Nothing to see here, move along.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

I think Mercedes will be on the backfoot until 2026, thereafter who knows. Would be a bad short-term choice for CL to do this. RB has MV, so there's no point going there. CL doesn't have many options for 2026 to be honest.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Charles and Carlos are where every driver wishes they were; with Ferrari! A WCC would really be a nice reward for them. I believe there safe where they are. It's "The Car !" Not the drivers that needs to change for the better.

Charles Leclerc has been dissatisfied with the SF-23 so far, which is more suited to Sainz’ driving style.

A car with high understeer just doesn’t suit Charles’ style, just like it didn’t one year ago for Max.

so bad for the team. if we cant keep up closer pace to RB, we will lose this year as well

Quote Originally Posted by stasera View Post
    Charles Leclerc has been dissatisfied with the SF-23 so far, which is more suited to Sainz’ driving style.

A car with high understeer just doesn’t suit Charles’ style, just like it didn’t one year ago for Max.

so bad for the team. if we cant keep up closer pace to RB, we will lose this year as well
    Let’s wait and see what kind of car we have. One thing is for sure, we can’t have many off years anymore, or we will loose the next great driver.

Charles Leclerc:

"There were no concerns emerging regarding reliability from what I know."

"Red Bull seems to have found something really big with the race pace. We are a second every lap off the pace, which is huge."

"So we need to work on that plus reliability."

as its said we have a terrible truck in the corners. and he must admit that he cant have that title, at least that year.

Charles Leclerc post-race:

“We had no race pace. We have to make step forwards, they found something because it has never been seen. In qualifying, we were there but in the race they give us 1 second per lap…”

| Charles Leclerc:

“It was a great start. And the choice was good in qualifying yesterday. But it’s definitely not enough to make me happy from this race.”

| Charles Leclerc:

"It's impossible to look at the positives on a day like this when you don't finish the race."

"The choice was good in qualifying yesterday, and the start too."

"But the performance is not there, and reliability too...we had a problem at the first race."

Charles Leclerc:

"After the test I think we were hoping that we were wrong in predicting things. But we were right. We are very far from them in race pace, and that was unfortunately unexpected."

i want to be rational. last year we doubled and RB had double DNF.

eventually still i want to believe that we did a mistake in the car set-up, i dont want to believe that the car is that much horrible
    Last edited by stasera; 5th March 2023 at 17:34.

im not surprised at all, lucky he got rid of this toxic girl. he have one more toxic in his life, ferrari

let's see he will get rid of ferrari or he will learn to live with this

its said that she has another story that she still supports ferrari, I will look at her story then i will put it here

Last edited by stasera; 5th March 2023 at 18:26.

She literally hooked up with Charles while he was with one of her closest friends. I know it takes two to make such a trash move, but it really shows her character when you don't learn from your mistakes, or even aknowledge them. Especially with all this crap she did today just for attention. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by aquaria View Post
    She literally hooked up with Charles while he was with one of her closest friends. I know it takes two to make such a trash move, but it really shows her character when you don't learn from your mistakes, or even aknowledge them. Especially with all this crap she did today just for attention. Disgusting.
    she trolled everyone, then she took a step back. i dont know it was a joke or another thing, but one hour after posting the first picture she took a step back and shared the second pic by saying i still support that red team. even though it's not a friendly thing.

reporter: do you know how many grand prix verstappen has won over the last two years?
    Leclerc: no, but keep the numbers to yourself.
    reporter: 25 in two years for him. do you know how many ferrari has won in ten years?
    Leclerc: no, but it’s going to hurt.
    reporter: 23.

https://twitter.com/Sharl_Leglerg/st...DS0e_vsq8tAAAA
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Poor Charles he should have told the reporter to go away.

Forza Jules

I see it as the price a top driver has to pay! They are what F-1 is ! He's super on top!!!

The reporter,should stop living in the past.Its the future that counts yesterday is gone and tomorrow hopefully is coming.The fact 2007 is yesterday to far away and gone

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Poor Charles he should have told the reporter to go away.
    actually the better retort would have been to say "Max has had the faster car, yet somehow I still have close to the same number as poles as Max."

How can Leclerc drive a slower car and have more poles? The pole lap in Baku 2020 was insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    How can Leclerc drive a slower car and have more poles? .
    Actually, the only things Leclerc has now, is a slow car, a sleeping Xavi and a monstrous headache..........
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse