Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: 2022 French Grand Prix - Buildup, Practice & Qualifying Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    As a Ferrari fan, isn't more logical to simply hope for a Charles' win?
    He never said that he did not want Charles to win?
    Forza Ferrari

Helmut Marko on Ferrari engines:

“We saw that Ferrari had some engine problems, and with these high temperatures and this high full-throttle load, I think it would be risky if they ran the race at full pace.”

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    He never said that he did not want Charles to win?
    While he wouldn't mind Carlos winning from behind at all, that implies he wouldn't mind if it wasn't the Ferrari on pole that won, so Leclerc. It is therefore a strange reasoning in view of the drivers' championship but also with respect to Ferrari's result, as a team.
    Isn't it incongruous that a Ferrari fan wants the (almost impossible) victory of our car on last row when we are lucky to have the other car on pole?
    But how do you manage to intervene like this, you can understand my point of view without needing my explanations, is Brembo contagious here?
    Last edited by Gilles; 24th July 2022 at 12:12.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Helmut Marko on Ferrari engines:

“We saw that Ferrari had some engine problems, and with these high temperatures and this high full-throttle load, I think it would be risky if they ran the race at full pace.”
    He fears us, that’s a good sign
    Let’s hope that the PU holds
    Last edited by Gilles; 24th July 2022 at 12:06.

While he wouldn't mind Carlos winning from behind at all, that implies he wouldn't mind if it wasn't the Ferrari on pole that won, so Leclerc. It is therefore a strange reasoning in view of the drivers' championship but also with respect to Ferrari as a team.
    Isn't it incongruous that a Ferrari fan wants the (almost impossible) victory of our car on last row when we are lucky to have the other car on pole?
    But how do you manage to intervene like this, you can understand my point of view without needing my explanations, is Brembo contagious here?
    You are over thinking it....
    Forza Ferrari

Maybe, but in Canada, I would hope that Carlos would win, if not for him, at least for the team, any other wish would have been weird, no?

While he wouldn't mind Carlos winning from behind at all, that implies he wouldn't mind if it wasn't the Ferrari on pole that won, so Leclerc. It is therefore a strange reasoning in view of the drivers' championship but also with respect to Ferrari's result, as a team.
    I find it congruous to think Ferrari finishes 1,2 .

Smile

Indeed he is. How about a 1, 2 Ferrari with Charles 1st and Carlos second? Would that please you @gilles?

Q3 microsectors

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Indeed he is. How about a 1, 2 Ferrari with Charles 1st and Carlos second? Would that please you @gilles?
    Of course, yes!
    I’m sorry but I’m a little sensitive to criticism about Charles
    Am I allowed to say it’s Brembo’s fault?
    Last edited by Gilles; 24th July 2022 at 12:29.

I get the feeling that all you guys come to do in here is to score points and gotchas against one another. #forzaferrari peace and love enjoy the race.

Of course, yes!
    Well cheers to that brother.

Of course, yes!
    I’m sorry but I’m a little sensitive to criticism about Charles
    Am I allowed to say it’s Brembo’s fault?
    Where did I criticize Charles? If anything I was saying that he is better then sainz at every level and in addition to that he is humble. For me he should be a clear number one. (He should have been since like 4 races ago). I am not going to take shots at Brembo I love him and I think he loves Ferrari and wants the team to succeed as much as anyone in here, he just has his ways in conveying it.

Well done to Carlos Sainz. Great drive. If Charles keep tripping up, he will be the No.1 driver and go from strength to strength.
    Well done Charles for manning up and owing to his mistake. Schumacher used to make mistakes too.
    Well done to the team for developing the car. Keep it up.

There is so much negativity around even though we are very fast. Yes Mercedes are picking up the points, but they are doing what we were doing last year. Just sticking around and picking up the scraps.
    We will keep getting better and better. This is how F1 works. We started this new cycle on the front foot and we will go from strength to strength. Mercedes even with rule changes have a lot of work to do and will take them a long time to catch up. Red bull will be the main threat for this cycle up to 2025/2026.
    "I really don't know what happened" - Lewis Hamilton (frequently)

Charles DNF! Carlos gets 10 points! Let's hope next races [plural!] Carlos is allowed to race to win. He's not a #2 driver. Had he not started from the back he would have been on the podium! IMO he had one to many pits!