Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415

Thread: 2022 French Grand Prix - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Problem is Charles wants to make it happen this year . Why to wait till next year. Given ferrari graph from past years.

We have fast car but not reliable. Next 10 races should be consistent from Ferrari & 1-2 finish is needed.
    Also Mercs are pretty much consistent, if any reliability issues for us then 2nd place is also under threat.

I would still rather be us than being Merc and picking up scraps. 3rd would mean more development time anyway
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Max -> had championship winning car in 2021 & 2022. Before that he was making many mistakes & you all know.
    Charles -> 2019 is not championship winning car, yes he made few mistakes. 2020 & 2021 horrible years for Ferrari. Now ( 2022) that he got championship winning car & there’s pressure to deliver. I assume that is getting on to him. On top of it, these strategy mistakes + little discomfort in the team all these things are adding to the pressure.

Someone need to sit down with him & calm down. Take it race by race. There’s plenty in the store. Carlos too is getting there.

What ferrari need is consistency with both cars. Off late only one car is making to the points finish. That’s not good.
    The F1-75 has been inconsistent. It's a race winning car no doubt, but it struggles against the RB18. Leclerc has been making the Ferrari look 3-4 tenths fast than it really in races, and especially in qualifying. When it comes to fast corners, Red Bull are right there with Ferrari, and when it comes to long straights, Red Bull have outclassed them for most of the season. Ferrari has an advantage on slower speed sections, but it's simply not enough for Leclerc to have an even match with Max.

Add to that, the Ferrari PU has shown itself to be very unreliable and has cost Leclerc a good 50 points. This season is a case of Ferrari having a car that can win a good number of races, but is not the best package actually. Don't get me wrong, love the F1-75. But it reminds me of the Williams of the early 2000's. It needs work.

Ferrari are going to have to change their design and setup approach. They need a design that can handle lower and medium downforce setups to be more competitive on the straights, and not cook the tires in the fast corners on long runs. The schedule is not a majority of Hockenheim's (new), Barcelona's, and Melbourne's like the old days. We've got Jeddah's, Qatar's, Miami's, COTA's, etc, now. You can't win a championship without winning races at some of those tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    The F1-75 has been inconsistent. It's a race winning car no doubt, but it struggles against the RB18. Leclerc has been making the Ferrari look 3-4 tenths fast than it really in races, and especially in qualifying. When it comes to fast corners, Red Bull are right there with Ferrari, and when it comes to long straights, Red Bull have outclassed them for most of the season. Ferrari has an advantage on slower speed sections, but it's simply not enough for Leclerc to have an even match with Max.

Add to that, the Ferrari PU has shown itself to be very unreliable and has cost Leclerc a good 50 points. This season is a case of Ferrari having a car that can win a good number of races, but is not the best package actually. Don't get me wrong, love the F1-75. But it reminds me of the Williams of the early 2000's. It needs work.

Ferrari are going to have to change their design and setup approach. They need a design that can handle lower and medium downforce setups to be more competitive on the straights, and not cook the tires in the fast corners on long runs. The schedule is not a majority of Hockenheim's (new), Barcelona's, and Melbourne's like the old days. We've got Jeddah's, Qatar's, Miami's, COTA's, etc, now. You can't win a championship without winning races at some of those tracks.
    Other than straight-line speed Ferrari is clearly ahead of RB, be it slow or fast corners. In slow corners it is easy to see whereas in faster ones we need to see the mini-sector times and cornering speeds in quali. Race is a different game altogether. So many variables at play.
    Last edited by gump1480; 26th July 2022 at 10:53.

Looked like we were ok on the tires. as good or better the RB in the race. This was supposed to be a track tailor made for REd Bull, but looking at the speed of Leclerc & Sainz, Ferrari crashed their party.
    The Red Bull hasn't been the best car at all venues either.
    That happens when cars are so evenly matched.

gosh, the dialogue is so much better when it's not the actual race weekend

yeah, that was on paper a much better RB track than Austria and Sainz might have had the best pace since we don't know what Leclerc was capable of.

Leclerc was giving Maxipad an extra half a second a lap by dragging him around in DRS. At Hungaroring that won't be as beneficial for RB.

People give Binotto crap about his comments, but he did say he needed this year just to start winning races. He called it. He knew how far back they were coming in terms of engine. Those specific directives put Ferrari back 3 years apparently if next year goes according to plan.

And you know, if next year they change the rules even more to benefit Merc as some people suggest, then you stop watching this sport. Simple as that.

But I believe that the Ferrari concept is more suitable for development than the RB concept. You have to believe that with an aerodynamic centric set of rules that Newey is going to come out strong then fade. And it's already starting to happen. They can only make that car faster for Maxipad while Chico drops back. ( oh and before you say Ferrari drivers make mistakes, how many mistakes has Chico made this year? )

And if this technical directive after summer, it could change everything, and maybe we'll be ablet to tell Maxipad "that's what happens when you stop cheating"

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    gosh, the dialogue is so much better when it's not the actual race weekend

yeah, that was on paper a much better RB track than Austria and Sainz might have had the best pace since we don't know what Leclerc was capable of.

Leclerc was giving Maxipad an extra half a second a lap by dragging him around in DRS. At Hungaroring that won't be as beneficial for RB.

People give Binotto crap about his comments, but he did say he needed this year just to start winning races. He called it. He knew how far back they were coming in terms of engine. Those specific directives put Ferrari back 3 years apparently if next year goes according to plan.

And you know, if next year they change the rules even more to benefit Merc as some people suggest, then you stop watching this sport. Simple as that.

But I believe that the Ferrari concept is more suitable for development than the RB concept. You have to believe that with an aerodynamic centric set of rules that Newey is going to come out strong then fade. And it's already starting to happen. They can only make that car faster for Maxipad while Chico drops back. ( oh and before you say Ferrari drivers make mistakes, how many mistakes has Chico made this year? )

And if this technical directive after summer, it could change everything, and maybe we'll be ablet to tell Maxipad "that's what happens when you stop cheating"
    Could NOT have put it any better myself.....WELL SAID AND SPOT ON MATE....

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Could NOT have put it any better myself.....WELL SAID AND SPOT ON MATE....
    thank you

you know, i think i post a lot of gold on here that goes unnoticed, so it's nice to get appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    thank you

you know, i think i post a lot of gold on here that goes unnoticed, so it's nice to get appreciated.
    I notice it....we need more people like you on this forum....not trolls that "doom and gloom" is all they go.....i have a few of those blocked already....lol

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    I notice it....we need more people like you on this forum....not trolls that "doom and gloom" is all they go.....i have a few of those blocked already....lol
    i need to do that or just not come around for race threads

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Looked like we were ok on the tires. as good or better the RB in the race. This was supposed to be a track tailor made for REd Bull, but looking at the speed of Leclerc & Sainz, Ferrari crashed their party.
    The Red Bull hasn't been the best car at all venues either.
    That happens when cars are so evenly matched.
    I didn't say the Red Bull has had the pace advantage at all venues, but it's been an objectively better package for most tracks. Reliable, quick as us in the fastest corners, fastest on the straights, easiest on the tires, and good in the wet. Ferrari are the best in slow corners, with RB on the fast corners, good in cool conditions, best traction, and more responsive to the different driving styles.

What Ferrari need for the second half and into next year is a low-medium downforce package for the big power tracks like Jeddah, Qatar, China, etc. Reliability of course, too.

What Ferrari and Leclerc need is a Nico Rosberg end to the season. Accept that this current season is over, and go out and win some races. Come to terms with the fact that until the design team perfect a low-medium downforce package to compete with Red Bull on DRS tracks, they'll need to learn to settle for 2nd or 3rd in Spa and Monza. Finish the races on the podium, and just hope for Red Bull to make mistakes. Meanwhile, Hungary, Singapore, and Deutschland are perfect tracks for Ferrari, where they should focus on winning.

Leclerc needs to drive with his head. Finish the races! Have a clean result that gets him on the podium if that's what he has to settle for. Stop driving with desperation.

I didn't say the Red Bull has had the pace advantage at all venues, but it's been an objectively better package for most tracks. Reliable, quick as us in the fastest corners, fastest on the straights, easiest on the tires, and good in the wet. Ferrari are the best in slow corners, with RB on the fast corners, good in cool conditions, best traction, and more responsive to the different driving styles.

What Ferrari need for the second half and into next year is a low-medium downforce package for the big power tracks like Jeddah, Qatar, China, etc. Reliability of course, too.
    No, it is not.
    you are fooled by the fact that we created an engine that is very fast that need reliability fixes BY CHOICE and also we 've made strategic errors that cost us.
    And yes, we were outran by RB , mostly by setup errors or because RB brought updates whereas we did not.
    However as a package, Ferrari is a better one as it stands with a better tyre degradation and the best driveability (engine wise) and also as everyone says it seems to be adaptable in every race so far.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Good one!