Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526

Thread: 2022 Hungarian Grand Prix - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    We'll gain the same thing that we've had for the last 15 years. Instability and employees afraid to make mistakes.
    We tried the revolving door method. It didnt work.
    If anyone listened to Ferrari, this was supposed to be a building block for the team to lay the foundation to be a team that can consistently fight at the top. People are.going to make mistakes as they learn. Firing them and starting over all the time is the stupidest thing to do. We've fired so many talents and they are over at other teams helping them win. Imagine Binotto at Merc or Red Bull.or McLaren? They would jump to have him in their teams and we'd look like fools for losing him.
    Merc came.out with a crap car. Did they fire their design team? People are going to make.mistakes as they learn. Hopefully they get better but it wont help if they are replaced everytime they make a bad call.
    Let the team run through their plan like they stated. I think they were better than expected this year, so should be even better next year. If they havent improved then maybe start making some changes. But who is available to run it better? Do we fire Binotto and hope we have someone that can step in without going backwards?
    +1
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

We'll gain the same thing that we've had for the last 15 years. Instability and employees afraid to make mistakes.
    If anyone listened to Ferrari, this was supposed to be a building block for the team to lay the foundation to be a team that can consistently fight at the top. People are.going to make mistakes as they learn. Firing them and starting over all the time is the stupidest thing to do. We've fired so many talents and they are over at other teams helping them win. Imagine Binotto at Merc or Red Bull.or McLaren? They would jump to have him in their teams and we'd look like fools for losing him.
    Merc came.out with a crap car. Did they fire their design team? People are going to make.mistakes as they learn. Hopefully they get better but it wont help if they are replaced everytime they make a bad call.
    Let the team run through their plan like they stated. I think they were better than expected this year, so should be even better next year. If they havent improved then maybe start making some changes. But who is available to run it better? Do we fire Binotto and hope we have someone that can step in without going backwards?
    Do you have any idea how many qualified engineers and managers exist that could fill the current clown brigades shoes easily? There is no F1 team worth their salt that would hire Binotto in a management role right now, after everything they see unfolding at Ferrari. They might put him in a technical role, but they see how horrible his management skills are proving to be.

Revolving doors are not good, but so is a culture that is afraid to move on from those that demonstrate themselves to not be able to handle their jobs.

The bottom line is that while Leclerc and Sainz might have faith in their engineers, they're not going to trust Binotto, Rueda, and the rest of the "strategy" team. They know the strategists are absolutely incompetent, and will do the opposite of what is the no-brainer call. That will effect their performance, sadly.

Our two drivers should drive the next 9 races with there radios off!! Call their own shots ! They will at least enjoy the races and so will the fans! I know.... wishfull thinking

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    Do you have any idea how many qualified engineers and managers exist that could fill the current clown brigades shoes easily? There is no F1 team worth their salt that would hire Binotto in a management role right now, after everything they see unfolding at Ferrari. They might put him in a technical role, but they see how horrible his management skills are proving to be.

Revolving doors are not good, but so is a culture that is afraid to move on from those that demonstrate themselves to not be able to handle their jobs.

The bottom line is that while Leclerc and Sainz might have faith in their engineers, they're not going to trust Binotto, Rueda, and the rest of the "strategy" team. They know the strategists are absolutely incompetent, and will do the opposite of what is the no-brainer call. That will effect their performance, sadly.

Right. Like we fired Costa because he couldn't design us a fast car. Merc picked him up. What are you basing Binottos performance on? Giving Ferrari one of the fastest cars in the field, giving us a chance at winning races in the time.frame he said he would? Giving Ferrari and its teams maybe one of the most powerful engines? Coming from 3rd best to fighting at the top. And you would expect no mistakes? Merc screwed.up their whole.concept. Who did they fire? Or are the allowing the team a chance to make.it right.
    How many qualified engineers, strategists are out there that will just step right in and do better than what we have? Do you have any idea? I dont. I figure most of the qualified people are already employed.

Carlos car should never have gone up in flames!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Like that never happens, ever.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

I get the point you're trying to make.
    And, I wasn't trying to imply we went back to the days of the revolving door/chopping block.

As I've stated before in one of the threads, Binnoto has delivered on the most important promise: the SF -75
    As well as, bringing in Sainz to partner Charles.

I do have faith in Binnoto.
    He isn't one to make false promises, rather he does his best to live up to them.

But, my problem is: Binnoto isn't an enforcer.
    Binnoto needs an enforcer. Someone like Todt or Marchionne, who demanded results no matter what and held those accountable for mistakes.

This is something that Binnoto needs, to ensure he won't get burnt-out.

I agree with that 100%
    Jean Todt would have been a great addition to the team. They should have hired him, but to deal with the FIA and FOM and all the other political carp, not to actually run the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Same for Leclerc.

I agree with that 100%
    Jean Todt would have been a great addition to the team. They should have hired him, but to deal with the FIA and FOM and all the other political carp, not to actually run the team.
    Looks like they were in negotiations with him before the start of the season but for whatever reason it didn’t go through.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Looks like they were in negotiations with him before the start of the season but for whatever reason it didn’t go through.
    I believe Todt was to into getting Mick to replace either current driver . But Mick needs more time.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post

Brembo quashed it. He's still upset at Todt for asking Rubens to let Michael past.

Brembo quashed it. He's still upset at Todt for asking Rubens to let Michael past.
    ha, ha.....he will NEVER get over that.....lmao

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    ha, ha.....he will NEVER get over that.....lmao
    That for sure! And worse was Hungary 2010 when Shumy tried to kill Rubens by pushing him that concrete wall @ 185 mph! He missed the wall by only millimeters. Rubens after the race said he didn't want to die that way! BTW he came in 10th ahead of Shumy.