Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Belgian Grand Prix - Buildup, Practice & Qualifying Thread

We have made no progress since FP1 it seems

How is the race pace guys??

Ferrari cars are keeping with Max in race trim. The 3 of them are miles ahead of everyone else
    Before the rain:
    Max + Sainz: nearly same age mediums : high 1m51s - low 1m52s
    Leclerc: 3 lap younger softs: low - mid 1m51s, high 1m51s at the end
    Everyone: mid - high 1m52s

That gap is looking really big.

Quote Originally Posted by elnano14 View Post
    Ferrari cars are keeping with Max in race trim. The 3 of them are miles ahead of everyone else
    Before the rain:
    Max + Sainz: nearly same age mediums : high 1m51s - low 1m52s
    Leclerc: 3 lap younger softs: low - mid 1m51s, high 1m51s at the end
    Everyone: mid - high 1m52s
    keeping up meaning that we where on about a tenth ,or amost 0.5s ??( the others being 1+ s )
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Its as we say only practice to many variables at this stage.One thing is for sure there is no way redbull are 8 tenths faster per lap.Its will be very close come qualification.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    keeping up meaning that we where on about a tenth ,or amost 0.5s ??( the others being 1+ s )
    Didn't get you...were we within a tenth of VES or 0.5s/lap down ??

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Its as we say only practice to many variables at this stage.One thing is for sure there is no way redbull are 8 tenths faster per lap.Its will be very close come qualification.
    Quali will not matter in this race as both VES and Lec will start from back I presume. But race pace is what is worrisome.

Quote Originally Posted by gump1480 View Post
    Didn't get you...were we within a tenth of VES or 0.5s/lap down ??
    I asked if keeping up ment that Saiz times was withig 1 tenth of Ves. Or he was almost 0.5s behind and since the others where 1+ secs behid, well the 0.5s looked " closer" !!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I think we’re sandbagging big time
    Don’t forget we’re also having the uodated more powerful ERS system so yeah, we haven’t shown our true hand yet

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    I asked if keeping up ment that Saiz times was withig 1 tenth of Ves. Or he was almost 0.5s behind and since the others where 1+ secs behid, well the 0.5s looked " closer" !!!!
    Sainz's pace was evenly matched wih Max's, not much different between them. Leclerc with a couple of tenths faster (due to running softs)

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Interesting indeed, hopefully no dirty cheap tricks by anyone...Ocon can sometimes be hot headed as seen in wheels to wheel fights with Nando

Sainz for the victory? Why not all is possible i think the WCC is doable.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    I think we’re sandbagging big time
    Don’t forget we’re also having the uodated more powerful ERS system so yeah, we haven’t shown our true hand yet
    How do you know Lec didn't already run new ICE components and this may be our true pace. Already we saw in Hungary.. in such cold conditions our car is only slightly faster than the Mercs.

I think Lec is already running the new PU and hybrid (they have to test the PU and to set the hybrid). They appear to have had difficulty finding appropriate settings under low fuel load conditions. They are going to work on it during Fp3 because it matters for the starting position of Sainz but also for Lec (he could run Q3 to fight the grid position against Verst and Norris at least)
    Last edited by Gilles; 27th August 2022 at 07:08.

https://the-race.com/formula-1/rule-...tappen-at-spa/
    According to this Leclerc will start ahead of Verstappen and Norris no matter where they qualify.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    I think Lec is already running the new PU and hybrid (they have to test the PU and to set the hybrid). They appear to have had difficulty finding appropriate settings under low fuel load conditions. They are going to work on it during Fp3 because it matters for the starting position of Sainz but also for Lec (he could run Q3 to fight the grid position against Verst and Norris at least)
    No. Ferrari-Lec didn’t use new PU & it’s components yet. For FP3 these will be mounted.

Quote Originally Posted by springfield View Post
    https://the-race.com/formula-1/rule-...tappen-at-spa/
    According to this Leclerc will start ahead of Verstappen and Norris no matter where they qualify.
    It depends on who out qualifies who regarding Leclerc and Max. Bottas will be ahead of both of them.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Saturday, August 27 – FP3 and qualifying
    The rain is set to continue through the night and into the early hours of the morning, before the threat of precipitation then reduces in the approach to FP3, that session expected to be cloudy but dry with an air temperature of 19 Celsius and 74% humidity, with a gentle breeze.
    Temperatures are expected to climb slightly in time for qualifying, still a rather chilly 20 Celsius for Formula 1 standards, though no rain is forecast, with a drop in humidity to 66%. That being said, a dry FP3 or qualifying is not guaranteed, with the chance of rain hovering at around 20% throughout the day.

Sunday, August 28 – race

Come race day the skies are set to clear, and any lingering threat of rain fade away. Come lights out at 1500 local time, sunny conditions and a gentle breeze should greet the drivers, with an air temperature of 21 Celsius and 55% humidity.
    While these are not exactly baking temperatures, it may be a good idea to still keep the sun block close by considering the projected lack of cloud cover.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/2022-belgian-grand-prix-weather/

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Saturday, August 27 – FP3 and qualifying
    The rain is set to continue through the night and into the early hours of the morning, before the threat of precipitation then reduces in the approach to FP3, that session expected to be cloudy but dry with an air temperature of 19 Celsius and 74% humidity, with a gentle breeze.
    Temperatures are expected to climb slightly in time for qualifying, still a rather chilly 20 Celsius for Formula 1 standards, though no rain is forecast, with a drop in humidity to 66%. That being said, a dry FP3 or qualifying is not guaranteed, with the chance of rain hovering at around 20% throughout the day.

Sunday, August 28 – race

Come race day the skies are set to clear, and any lingering threat of rain fade away. Come lights out at 1500 local time, sunny conditions and a gentle breeze should greet the drivers, with an air temperature of 21 Celsius and 55% humidity.
    While these are not exactly baking temperatures, it may be a good idea to still keep the sun block close by considering the projected lack of cloud cover.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/2022-belgian-grand-prix-weather/
    Good to see there are clear skies for race day, I pray things fall in our favour.

Currently, it looks good for either Sainz or Perez.
    But, we can't count out the Mercs.

Ferrari logically opts for Baku spec rear wing with + DWF to work in FP3 on S2 and on tire-temp

@Formu1a_uno

Given the way this season has gone and the fact that Rueda is still on the pit wall, I'm sure they'll find a way to lose this race for Sainz. Even starting from last, the Red Bull dragster could make Verstappen win this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Given the way this season has gone and the fact that Rueda is still on the pit wall, I'm sure they'll find a way to lose this race for Sainz. Even starting from last, the Red Bull dragster could make Verstappen win this thing.
    I personally think we'd be very competitive here, both driver as well as car-wise.

But, as you rightly pointed out, the only uncertainty here is our strategy department.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post

Sadly... That is true!

Red Bull looks to be on another level so far.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Well if red bull win good luck to them, I have no ill feelings towards a top team and there performance.My ethics come from my sporting life.Win well play hard and learn how to loose gracefully. The same applies with fi and in this season red bull is winning simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    \Yeh , unless we are olding so much on settings, we are far behind. 1st time tis season we are so behind !!! Are the TD hurt us more then RBR ??!! Or we cant find the best set up?? Yesterday we trying different set up from FP1 to FP2
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Nothing special from Ferrari... So far...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    I was feeling healthier with no F1 and Ferrari during the break