Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Belgian Grand Prix - Buildup, Practice & Qualifying Thread

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Yup, the gap should be getting smaller, not bigger.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Has anyone wondered what the hell redbull are doing to Verstappen's car, I mean the gap to Perez is surely suspicious. There is no one this season this far behind his teammate, I just can't believe that this is normal.
    Not just today it has been going on for some races now. He started the year way better than now and suddenly he is off pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    Why are we nearly a full sec of pace!!!
    Something is not right here

How the fruck can RB brig so much updates every race
    Competent leadership does wonders to a team. Red Bull acts like a single entity, they know who their championship contender is, they know what to do with the upgrades and they know what to during races.

They don't come up with hogwash like "No one is bigger than Red Bull" every so often. Horner is the best TP. He knows how to motivate his drives and how to play politics.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Yup, the gap should be getting smaller, not bigger.
    It's obviously the track. I'm sure on tracks with more corners and are slower the gap will be much smaller between Redbull and Ferrari.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by samboozik View Post
    Has anyone wondered what the hell redbull are doing to Verstappen's car, I mean the gap to Perez is surely suspicious. There is no one this season this far behind his teammate, I just can't believe that this is normal.
    New engine that actually gave him more pace???!! (Instead of Lec who was slower them Carlos)
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Competent leadership does wonders to a team. Red Bull acts like a single entity, they know who their championship contender is, they know what to do with the upgrades and they know what to during races.

They don't come up with hogwash like "No one is bigger than Red Bull" every so often. Horner is the best TP. He knows how to motivate his drives and how to play politics.
    +1

Leclerc even notices the gap to Max with regards to Sainz taking pole.

"They are too fast....." (speaking of RedBull)

Quote Originally Posted by samboozik View Post
    Max, like Charles, is a generational talent. Red Bull have recognized it way back in 2017 and have built the team around him.

Ferrari on the other hand is a clown show. They refuse to build the team around Charles and never treated him as the number 1 driver.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Leclerc even notices the gap to Max with regards to Sainz taking pole.

"They are too fast....." (speaking of RedBull)
    Missed him saying race pace is much closer....
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Missed him saying race pace is much closer....
    Leclerc: "Race pace it seems like both our cars are much closer, that was the case yesterday, but let's wait and see because a gap like this in qualifying it will be strange to see if we are as close tomorrow."

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    New engine that actually gave him more pace???!! (Instead of Lec who was slower them Carlos)
    Sainz's best sector 1 was 31.0 without the tow from Charles. Charles's best sector came in Q2, the first time he actually put a representative lap time. And Charles always finds that extra in Q3, which we didn't see today thanks to the penalty and Ferrari goofing up his run plan.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Leclerc: "Race pace it seems like both our cars are much closer, that was the case yesterday, but let's wait and see because a gap like this in qualifying it will be strange to see if we are as close tomorrow."
    Closer, not faster. We supposedly have a new engine only to be close to red bull. The next 4 years should be fun.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Closer, not faster. We supposedly have a new engine only to be close to red bull. The next 4 years should be fun.
    Maybe.....or frustrating year after year.

Was hoping we wouldn't see another pit blunder after the summer break, but sadly we did it before the race even started.

Something is really wrong with Charles' side, it makes no sense how all these blunders always happen at his side.
    Surely Binotto cannot seriously believe nothing needs to be change, and that the problem will just magically go away.

something happened to our cars, we lost some pace, and redbull gains some pace, mercs lost some pace too

and i feel that alpines kinda faster now than the summer break

its impossible to catch RB guys. they are fast as hell, its incredible, and their cars are extremelly consistent. it can not be this much perfect a car without cheat when its built in the first year after new regulations

It’s simple … send Mattia to Technical department rather than team principal & change those bunch of clowns in the pit wall.
    No excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Max, like Charles, is a generational talent. Red Bull have recognized it way back in 2017 and have built the team around him.

Ferrari on the other hand is a clown show. They refuse to build the team around Charles and never treated him as the number 1 driver.
    And the team has made so many mistakes with strategy added to the lack of reliability and not being able to be proactive when quick decisions are needed, which has sabotaged Charles' season. It's just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by stasera View Post
    something happened to our cars, we lost some pace, and redbull gains some pace, mercs lost some pace too

and i feel that alpines kinda faster now than the summer break

its impossible to catch RB guys. they are fast as hell, its incredible, and their cars are extremelly consistent. it can not be this much perfect a car without cheat when its built in the first year after new regulations
    if you see sector timings we are on par on S1 and S3 where we should be significantly slower.

RB destroys us on S2 where we should be significantly quicker. We removed a lot of downforce to match them and they added a lot to be also good on S2 because they afford to without being slower compared to ferrari.

thats the trade off with RB this year on tracks with long straights. i believe its track specific and i hope it is not something that will continue.

Being 0,3+s behind on S1 ,can't say we where on par. And still Max could go faster on S2. He was blistering fast today. The largest gap from the hole year. Devastating!!+
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Being 0,3+s behind on S1 ,can't say we where on par. And still Max could go faster on S2. He was blistering fast today. The largest gap from the hole year. Devastating!!+
    Verstappen 30.536
    Sainz 30.590

thats not 0.3s!

I'm shocked that Red Bull didn't use Verstappen to tow Perez around at a better chance for pole.

Ferrari absolutely embarrassing themselves again with Charles' tires in Q3 puts me at a loss of words.

it's puzzling me, that Red Bull would set their car up for the middle sector, higher downforce, when you have to start from the back...

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    I'm shocked that Red Bull didn't use Verstappen to tow Perez around at a better chance for pole.

Ferrari absolutely embarrassing themselves again with Charles' tires in Q3 puts me at a loss of words.
    does it really matter? unless it costs him a new set of softs in the race. he was going to go for a lap in qualifying regardless...

it will be a complete slap to the face, if Red Bull used Honda's pulling out of F1, as a way to get this engine freeze, and still develop it with Honda until now despite that, and then have the best engine for 4 years.

So just like every other year it seems that during the summer break all teams improved but Ferrari .

We still are clown masters of the field.

Max will win tomorrow...
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    does it really matter? unless it costs him a new set of softs in the race. he was going to go for a lap in qualifying regardless...
    While it may not have changed the results, it does matter. A driver having confidence in his team is very important, and its just another example of how the team is finding ways to fail at getting the maximum. That can't be good for the mental aspect of Charles' game.

Good luck to him all ferrari can do is admire a gun f1 team not just ferrari but all teams.Horner did say the plank issue is of no concern he was spot on.They redbull were ready for any effect with a beast of a power unit.Ferrari are effected no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    it's puzzling me, that Red Bull would set their car up for the middle sector, higher downforce, when you have to start from the back...
    Makes sense to me. Verstappen has the fastest car in the straight line already, they have had it all year. He set the fastest 1st and 3rd sectors which is all about straightline speed. Pack on all the downforce they can while still maintaining the advantage and it gives Max a much more racable car that can follow closer in traffic, and is stable under braking.

Charles says redbull have found something special Charles the answer is competence. Ferrari are a sloppy unit quali mistakes and wrong tyres only cements the facts that as a team they are not up to it, surely this must be ringing true in there hollow heads, for sure the second half of the season will be mistake riddled that is a given.Untill ferrari get the little things right they will continue to fumble there way through covering up there mistakes with shallow excuses.This does not bode well for the mental health of the drivers .